Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,190 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

I Don't Know - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / I Don't Know (317 Views)

I Don't Understand Sha / I Don't Write For Passion Only. I Write To Make Some Money. / Why Can't Ivy Understand That I Don't Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Don't Know by kegendify: 9:17pm On Sep 05, 2018
*I don't know*
I don't know why my dad choose to come live in that street considering we had better options of houses elsewhere.
I dont know why I saw you the day we came into the neighborhood.
I dont know why I saw you at night when I came to get provisions at the store.
I don't know why I suddenly started feeling like I wanted to know you more.
I don't know why I saw you in my dream that night.
I don't know why the next morning I had the urge to find and talk to you.
I don't know why you smiled at me when I started making my way towards you.
I don't know why you seemed polite to me and agreed we become friends.
I don't know why we had a long phone call that night all in the name of being acquainted with each other even though we just exchanged numbers.
I don't know why you agreed when I asked if we could hang out which got me surprised.
I don't know why you suggested we go to the cinema.
I don't know why I started feeling nervous throughout the night thinking about the next day.
I don't know why the next morning my courage suddenly returned to me and I was full of life.
I don't know why we held hands in the bus on the way to cinema.
I don't know why you picked the same drink I requested.
I don't know why we sat so close that made it seemed like we were sharing a seat.
I don't know why you clutched my hands anytime anytime a romantic scene occurred.
I don't know why after the movie we held hands again but this time we stared at each other and I simply wanted to kiss your lips so much that I started seeing them as wine which I wanted to get drunk with.
I don't know why you pressed your lips against mine which I responded by asking for an opening to go for your tongue.
I don't know why I felt so much alive than I had ever been.
I don't know why we said the goodbyes that night unknown to us what was about to happen.
Then morning came
I don't why I started feeling uneasy thinking about you.
I don't know why I decided to go straight to your house that morning.
I don't why my leg hit a stone and it started bleeding badly but since I didn't believe in superstitions I just waved the bad feeling I was having away and proceeded to your house.
I don't know why on getting to your house, I didn't even greet the people outside that I just simply barged into your room and I was given the biggest shock of a lifetime.
There lied your body lifeless and going cold and suddenly your siblings rushed inside and started consoling me telling me you had been battling an illness for long now and this morning you finally lost the battle against the ruthless illness and the next thing I fainted......

_Ifeanyi sibling_

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Don't Know by Bholutife18(f): 9:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
I dont know if I should ask this
I dont know if this would go a long way

I dont know if this is yours? Or to the attributed?

If it's yours, I owe you a peck. Beatiful piece but you can do better.

I don't know if you did a blank verse on purpose... But you can make it look a piece...
It looks scattered but the concept, theme was vividly clear.

Well done.
Re: I Don't Know by kegendify: 10:12pm On Sep 05, 2018
Its mine sir/ma
Thanks for kind words
Bholutife18:
I dont know if I should ask this
I dont know if this would go a long way

I dont know if this is yours? Or to the attributed?

If it's yours, I owe you a peck. Beatiful piece but you can do better.

I don't know if you did a blank verse on purpose... But you can make it look a piece...
It looks scattered but the concept, theme was vividly clear.

Well done.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Sacred Oath Of Marriage Before God,still Sacred Today? / Agbero Hero / What IT Does To Us #short Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.