Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Christianity Or Hypocrisy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christianity Or Hypocrisy (790 Views)

Which Came First...christianity Or Islam? / Bishop Oyedepo To Muslim Sister : “Convert To Christianity Or Die Poor,” / The Fastest Growing Religion In The World - Christianity Or Islam ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Orikinla(m): 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hypocrisy reigns in Nigeria and mostly among those who confess and profess to be Christians, but what they do exposes them as devils among humans.

Over the decades of living in different regions of Nigeria and working with both Christians and Muslims, I have seen that those who claim to be “Christians” in Nigeria are just hypocrites and in fact, they are worse than pagans.
There are more Christian hypocrites than Muslim hypocrites in Nigeria.

They are responsible for the present state of Nigeria.

You see these hypocrites like wolves in sheep clothing going to church and still plotting how to lie and cheat, steal or kill their victims.

A married woman who is preaching to you is also luring you to sleep with her.
A young lady who tells you she is going to church is still planning how to stab you in the back.
A young man who is your prayer partner later steals your money.
Their woes have no end.

We are either blessed or cursed by our actions.
That is why Nigeria is among the most corrupt countries in the world even though we have lost count of the churches in the land.

Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.
~ << Matthew 21:12 >>
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 9:09pm On Jun 30, 2010
All these things are happening to finally wake people up. You are being shown that it is not about what religion you belong to, or what you believe in, that makes you a righteous person, but what you are being every moment of your life. Are you a force for positivity, or for negativity? It is the way one is living one's life, one's behavior towards fellow man that really counts.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by nuclearboy(m): 9:15pm On Jun 30, 2010
You are very right but still, was everyone buying and selling in the Temple area?

Thats why it says "by their fruit, ye shall know them". Many a time have we seen Christians saying they prefer to deal with those of other faiths rather than "professing Christians" and that in fact, is why the bolded phrase arose.

Most "profess", but have no clue
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2010
i don know why people dont want to wake up.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by PastorAIO: 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2010
Hypocrisy is every where and in every religion but there has got to be a reason why it is so endemic amongst those who profess christianity. I believe that it is because of the very nature of nigerian (and yes not only nigerian) born again christianity. There is a connect between the christianity that they profess and the foul cankerous character of the people. It is in fact an issue that Jesus address time and again. Isn't it ironic that this evil is now so entrenched in christianity (followers of christ/or christlike)?
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by vescucci(m): 12:18am On Jul 01, 2010
Well, I am very reluctant to say that I find this very true. I used to live with a friend of my dad's in Abuja for a spell. He had a wife who (as I later confirmed could bear no children) but she lived far away because his job takes him around. He is quite frankly a bible-thumper. An obsessed girl that used to bother me and him will harangue me to make me accept Jesus etc but I'd just smile cuz they're not even the type to reason with. Later girls would come to spend the night and he'd move to my room to give the girl privacy. Later he would move to my room and I would think nothing of it. Maybe he is too tired or they're catching up. Later another girl would come and another and another. I think they were about 5 and two of them were regulars. By this time, I think, he didn't care what I thought for he wouldn't come to my room. Funny thing is I kept making excuses for him because I just didn't wanna accept that he was cheating and not only with one but multiple women and he'd also not care what I thought. My obsessed girl friend got friendly with one of the regulars and she told me that the regular told her that they have sex all the time. I thought my friend likes to back bite and I continued to create silly excuses in my head. One day, I found a condom wrap and I couldn't make any excuse around that one. You don't need condoms to masturbate, I thought. I soon after moved out and I couldn't tell my dad anything of course. Later I overheard my mum discussing with someone else that this dude aborted a pregnancy. I'm sorry for I'm getting besides myself here but this guy never misses church, offerings, tithes, cassettes and videos of baba preaching, his olive oil and magazines, many conventions and revivals and vigils. The problem is Christianity (as least the version bandied around) gives the impression that as long as you do some things (most of them that the pastor says) you can get away with other things and someone has died for your sins and what's the point of that sacrifice if you were sinless. You might as well sin to the high heavens to really take advantage of that offer.

Hypocrisy cuts across all people and all religion but I find it steeper in Christianity for the born again dude now will most likely be a tithe collector in a decade.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Acidosis(m): 3:16am On Jul 01, 2010
According to the bible, "even satan sometimes pretends to be an angel of light". It also says "many are called but few are chosen". Please don't generalize issues here. [b]'Christianity' is just an english word and not the key to heaven. The fact that they professes doesn't grant them a genuine salvation. Have you ever wondered why thousands of people respond to altar call yet their lives remain the same.
The only way you can single out a born again christian is the 'fruit''.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 6:41am On Jul 01, 2010
Acidosis:

According to the bible, "even satan sometimes pretends to be an angel of light". It also says "many are called but few are chosen". Please don't generalize issues here. [b]'Christianity' is just an english word and not the key to heaven. The fact that they professes doesn't grant them a genuine salvation. Have you ever wondered why thousands of people respond to altar call yet their lives remain the same.
The only way you can single out a born again christian is the 'fruit''.
Yes, even yahweh is pretending to be the almighty God, when it is quite clear that he is the personification of evil itself. What a mess of hypocrisy.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Acidosis(m): 6:56am On Jul 01, 2010
Jenwitemi:

Yes, even yahweh is pretending to be the almighty God, when it is quite clear that he is the personification of evil itself. What a mess of hypocrisy.
[b]NO! Yahweh is another name for the almighty God, the creator of heaven and the earth, who gave us his only son JESUS.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by nuclearboy(m): 6:59am On Jul 01, 2010
^^^ When some of us say it is the hypocrisy of most of the supposed MOGs that brings God's name to disrepute, people start to scream "why are you criticising?". This thread shows why - people use the followers to judge the followed.

Let one slowpoke now tell me "don't touch my anointed" and see me unleash the kind of remarks Christ unleashed on the pharisees, on him/her.

Idiots bringing God's Name to dust

1 Like

Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 7:08am On Jul 01, 2010
Acidosis:

[b]NO! Yahweh is another name for the almighty God, the creator of heaven and the earth, who gave us his only son JESUS.
No! Yahweh is just another desert pagan deity of the jewish tribe that has been bandied as the almighty creator. This is obviously a lie and a monumental jewish fraud. Yahweh/Jehovah is a monumental jewish fraud that has been sold to the western world and some parts of africa, like nigeria. The almighty creator God of the universe has neither a name, nor a specially chosen people. The fraud of the ages. The hypocrisy goes on. . .
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 7:13am On Jul 01, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^ When some of us say it is the hypocrisy of most of the supposed MOGs that brings God's name to disrepute, people start to scream "why are you criticising?". This thread shows why - people use the followers to judge the followed.

Let one slowpoke now tell me "don't touch my anointed" and see me unleash the kind of remarks Christ unleashed on the pharisees, on him/her.

Idiots bringing God's Name to dust
The creator God has no name to be brought into disrepute. Only fraudster deities bring their own names to dust through their own fraud. It is quite logical that whoever engages in fraudulent activities will have his name brought into disrepute. The hypocrisy goes on. . .
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by vescucci(m): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2010
Acidosis. Don't get defensive Acid. The very fact that I mentioned hypocrites presupposes the existence of genuine Christians. All I'm saying is there are more hypocritical Christians than there are any other group and not that any way is right or wrong. If a suicide bomber believes he is doing the right thing, he is not hypocritical but he couldn't be more lost.

Jenwitemi. I don't understand you. Are you saying God does not exist because He has no name. God is a name for God is it not? It means nothing but God. You're Jenwitemi. If I know you and call you, Jen, you might argue that that is not your name or even that you have no name but does that mean you don't exist? Hydrogen is called hydrogen because we chose to do so. Hydrogen doesn't complain. I don't get. Do you believe in an entity that governs the workings of the universe or do you not?
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Orikinla(m): 6:20pm On Jul 01, 2010
Nigerian "Christians" misrepresent Christianity.

In fact, pagans are now more trustworthy than these Nigerian "Christians".
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 6:33pm On Jul 01, 2010
Orikinla:

Nigerian "Christians" misrepresent Christianity.

In fact, pagans are now more trustworthy than these Nigerian "Christians".
That is no surprise. Paganism has always been far superior to baby religions like christianity. I am sorry for sounding so harsh, but that is the plain truth.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
vescucci:

Jenwitemi. I don't understand you. Are you saying God does not exist because He has no name.
No, i said no such thing, and neither did i allude to such. All i am saying is that man named or tagged the creator because he cannot fathom worshiping an invisible being without first creating an image of that being in his mind, hence the desire to name or tag. Naming or tagging is the first step in anthropomorphism.

vescucci:

God is a name for God is it not? It means nothing but God.
The word "God" is not a name but a term, an english term. In german language the term is, "GOTT", in greek it is "theos", in romanian language it is "Dumneazeu", in yoruba it is "Olorun/Eledumare, so on and so forth. All these are not names but terms of reference for the creator.

vescucci:
You're Jenwitemi. If I know you and call you, Jen, you might argue that that is not your name or even that you have no name but does that mean you don't exist?
I don't get this analogy of yours. Jenwitemi is my chosen "username", but "GOD" is just an english term for a deity of whatever calibre or level and not the name. Humans turn this term into a name because of their desire to worship. There is a difference between the two words.

Secondly, i am not disputing the existence of the CREATOR GOD, but what i am disputing is that, this made by the jews entity called Yahweh, is NOT the creator God. He is just another orisha like Sango or Ogun are two yoruba orishas. How would the jews like it when the yorubas try to force Sango down their throat as the creator God? I am sure it will not sit well with them. Well, the same thing is in this case too.

vescucci:
Do you believe in an entity that governs the workings of the universe or do you not?
I do, but i do not believe it is that jewish deity called Yahweh. God forbid he is the creator God.
Besides, we have veered off topic now. I think we should get back on track. Christianity and Hypocrisy.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by vescucci(m): 1:42am On Jul 02, 2010
Screw the topic. It's banal anyways.

Yes, God is a term. That really is what I meant. Sorry for the poor choice of words. But my point is no matter how hard you imagine Sango, he probably only exists as a human and died and poof. He does not exist as a god and so do all other false deities. There can be only one God. We have to call Him something and we don't all have to agree what we call Him either. We may say He asks us to do things He didn't but that's irrelevant to His being.

Ok, I understand you small. You think God may or may not have a name and if He does, it isn't any of the ones which we have tagged Him with but perhaps something He calls Himself. Am I right so far? What I'm saying is that God is God. A Jew won't accept that Allah is his Yahweh and a Christian won't accept that God the father is Allah and this can be extrapolated across all religions, yet God is. How then do we know which one is the true one since He doesn't think it is necessary to show Himself to us clearly. Who do you think it is or you simply have a personal communion with Him? I'm just curious here o. I'm not one of the hot heads
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by mazaje(m): 2:17am On Jul 02, 2010
vescucci:

There can be only one God. We have to call Him something and we don't all have to agree what we call Him either. We may say He asks us to do things He didn't but that's irrelevant to His being.

On what basis did you come to this ridiculous conclusion? When did any God appear to you and tell you that only him/her exist? Your evidence to show that only one God exist is what?. . . .Why can't there be many Gods?. . . .
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 9:44am On Jul 02, 2010
Why do we allow ourselves to play this very divisive naming game, anyway? Why does humanity create divisive boudaries within itself  through meaningless names? Of what use is that to us as humans? Is that not egotripping on our part? Aren't we trying to impose ourselves on others? The jews and arabs have succeeded in imposing themselves on us by making us accept their own terms for the creator. And as a result, we have accepted these two middle eastern folks as superior to us, hence we have to accept the imposition of their cultures on us as well.

Why did we accept these sneaky foreign cultural impositions on ourselves to the detriment of our own? Because we have been convinced that their own versions of the creator is the real deal through the help of religions(islam and christianity), so in order to please these versions of creator, we have to adopt these foreign cultures as ours. I hope that you can see the trick in all it's glory. This is nothing more and nothing less than cultural imperialism that we have submitted ourselves foolishly to.

Example; in order to please the jewish yahweh, an african has to give him/herself a jewish name, hence many african christians bearing jewish names and dropping theirs. The same thing happens with the african muslims dropping their own names to take on arabic ones. CULTURAL IMPERIALISM packaged as religions, that is all that has been going on. It is ugly reality that we have to face up with.
vescucci:

Yes, God is a term. That really is what I meant. Sorry for the poor choice of words. But my point is no matter how hard you imagine Sango, he probably only exists as a human and died and poof. He does not exist as a god and so do all other false deities. There can be only one God. We have to call Him something and we don't all have to agree what we call Him either. We may say He asks us to do things He didn't but that's irrelevant to His being.

Ok, I understand you small. You think God may or may not have a name and if He does, it isn't any of the ones which we have tagged Him with but perhaps something He calls Himself. Am I right so far? What I'm saying is that God is God. A Jew won't accept that Allah is his Yahweh and a Christian won't accept that God the father is Allah and this can be extrapolated across all religions, yet God is. How then do we know which one is the true one since He doesn't think it is necessary to show Himself to us clearly. Who do you think it is or you simply have a personal communion with Him? I'm just curious here o. I'm not one of the hot heads
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by vescucci(m): 3:45pm On Jul 02, 2010
I understand you Jenwitemi. I agree with you even. But that is simply human nature that once we think we're right about something, the next course of action is to convince the whole world of our convictions. That is the reason why atheists bother with other people who believe in God even though there's nothing in it for them other than gratification and the euphoria of being right. World power shifts throughout the ages and the way of life of the world powers is dominant on earth. If the Yoruba people were so powerful, George Bush would be Gongo Bale or something. Anyways our discussion is moot. No point continuing.

@Mazaje. Lol, calm down na. Since you don't believe in God, I could say it was a ridiculous claim cuz not everything you don't see doesn't exist. Mathematically, even, it is impossible to prove something doesn't exist. It is possible to prove something exists. And according to you, it would be as ridiculous to believe in one God as it is to believe in numerous Gods, no? So why get antsy. In any case, even if there were many beings that transcend our mental grasp, they surely cannot agree to create this world together and the one responsible for nurturing our universe is the one I refer to as God. And if they all agree and form some kinda council to create our universe, then this collection is what I refer to as God. It is immaterial. Do you understand me, awesome mazaje?
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by mazaje(m): 4:03pm On Jul 02, 2010
vescucci:

@Mazaje. Lol, calm down na. Since you don't believe in God, I could say it was a ridiculous claim cuz not everything you don't see doesn't exist. Mathematically, even, it is impossible to prove something doesn't exist. It is possible to prove something exists. And according to you, it would be as ridiculous to believe in one God as it is to believe in numerous Gods, no? So why get antsy. In any case, even if there were many beings that transcend our mental grasp, they surely cannot agree to create this world together and the one responsible for nurturing our universe is the one I refer to as God. And if they all agree and form some kinda council to create our universe, then this collection is what I refer to as God. It is immaterial. Do you understand me, awesome mazaje?

You are not making any sense at all. . . .On what basis did you come to this ridiculous conclusion?. . . .Who told you that if many Gods exist they can not come together to create the universe? . . . . .Since when did any thing out there told you that he created the universe?
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by vescucci(m): 12:33am On Jul 03, 2010
Na wa o. It may be a ridiculous conclusion but it is mine and mine alone. I didn't say accept it or I will cut off your head, did I? I am using my own reasoning and because no one told me doesn't mean it is not so. Besides, I made provision for the alternative that if they indeed came together to create the world together, so please do not kill me sir.

Believe it or not, I find it ridiculous to believe that God exists. But I believe He does (or they do if you like). There is reason for this too. I find it even more ridiculous to believe that God doesn't exist. So it is like choosing the lesser of two ridiculous things. If your poser will be for me to prove God exists, I'll ask you to prove He doesn't. The reason why people use the term 'believe' is because it cannot be proven. Otherwise, people would go about saying I know God exists but these people are just those that are overly sentimental. The type that will give God credit for every good that befalls them and blame the devil for every evil.

Calm down, mazaje, I am not your opponent. All I have are opinions. Awesome mazaje
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Tudor6(f): 7:52am On Jul 03, 2010
vescucci:

Na wa o. It may be a ridiculous conclusion but it is mine and mine alone. I didn't say accept it or I will cut off your head, did I? I am using my own reasoning and because no one told me doesn't mean it is not so. Besides, I made provision for the alternative that if they indeed came together to create the world together, so please do not kill me sir.

Believe it or not, I find it ridiculous to believe that God exists. But I believe He does (or they do if you like). There is reason for this too. I find it even more ridiculous to believe that God doesn't exist. So it is like choosing the lesser of two ridiculous things. If your poser will be for me to prove God exists, I'll ask you to prove He doesn't. The reason why people use the term 'believe' is because it cannot be proven. Otherwise, people would go about saying I know God exists but these people are just those that are overly sentimental. The type that will give God credit for every good that befalls them and blame the devil for every evil.

Calm down, mazaje, I am not your opponent. All I have are opinions. Awesome mazaje
how can you ask someone to disprove your own delusions?? What is the world coming to these day,eh? It wasnt like this when I was growing up in the 50's. . , Sad
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by Jenwitemi(m): 9:37am On Jul 03, 2010
Is it possible to be a good staunch christian in Nigeria without being a hypocrite? That is the million naira question.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by mrmayor(m): 9:51am On Jul 03, 2010
Tudór:

how can you ask someone to disprove your own delusions?? What is the world coming to these day,eh? It wasnt like this when I was growing up in the 50's. . ,  Sad

Old Girl, no vex. I thought you graduated from Oyedepo's School. Covernant University? abi are you having a laff?
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by PastorAIO: 10:27am On Jul 03, 2010
Is it possible to be a good staunch christian in Nigeria without being a hypocrite? That is the million naira question.

Yes, but you might not necessarily be recognised as one.
Re: Christianity Or Hypocrisy by vescucci(m): 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2010
Tudor. You old o, lol. As I've said before, it's only possible to prove that something exists. It's virtually impossible to prove something doesn't exist. The onus of proof lies on the person that wants to force his own beliefs down my throat. I don't care if no one believes in God and you can't convince someone to believe. It's impossible. It's not a prerequisite to being a good person.

(1) (Reply)

Ramadan Kerim / Is It True Tb Joshua Said Pdp Will Not Produce The Next President Ie In 2011?. / Good Words To Hear And Good People To See That May Benefit The Individual.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.