Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,992 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father (3087 Views)

GUO Motors Attacked, Passengers Kidnapped, Driver Shot Dead. Girl Abandoned / Can You Believe This is Nigeria? Travelling As A Single Nigerian Lady (Pics) / Can I Travel To Australia With N4.5 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Tiana18: 5:15am On Sep 06, 2018
I had to post this because I need an urgent response from the public. I am a single mother and I have never been married. The father wants nothing to do with us and may even be out of the country with his wife a his kids. My child is now 1year and 3months old and I went to immigration to do our passports so we can travel. I was asked for the father's consent. How do i get custody of the child? How and where do i get a notarized letter of consent? Please what am I supposed to do to travel with my child without having problems at the embassy of the other country. cry
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by marshalldgreat(m): 5:43am On Sep 06, 2018
Go and get his father's consent. Simple! Whether you like it or not one day that boy of yours is gonna look for his father...

2 Likes

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by DuBLINGreenb(m): 6:02am On Sep 06, 2018
Easy,
Go get court documents stating what you just said
I am a lawyer sha if you want more detailed advice you can contact me dublingreeny@Gmail.com that's also my paypal
You can't travel with a minor without consent from parents especially the father, it is to make sure you are truly the parent and if you are that your partner is aware and the child will not be exploited.
(I bear no liability from whatever action is taking due to this advice but I'm liable to receive monetary compensation but where monetary compensation is paid I bear liability to foreseeable damage)
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Mizwisdom(f): 6:03am On Sep 06, 2018
marshalldgreat:
Go and get his father's consent. Simple! Whether you like it or not one day that boy of yours is gonna look for his father...

The father may die before then so no need for harshness. She said he has abandoned the child.

Madam, if you want custody contact your lawyer

6 Likes

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by HeWrites(m): 7:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
Tiana18:
I had to post this because I need an urgent response from the public. I am a single mother and I have never been married. The father wants nothing to do with us and may even be out of the country with his wife a his kids. My child is now 1year and 3months old and I went to immigration to do our passports so we can travel. I was asked for the father's consent. How do i get custody of the child? How and where do i get a notarized letter of consent? Please what am I supposed to do to travel with my child without having problems at the embassy of the other country. cry

Your child birth certificate and a Court Order stating that you are truly the biological mother of the child is all you need and you are good to go

2 Likes

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by DivineIsGreat: 8:14pm On Sep 06, 2018
Tiana18:
Well, as for me, I already changed my daughter's surname to mine....and my elder brother is standing in as her father now...
I really don't have enough strength for stress.

5 Likes

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by BedLam: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
marshalldgreat:
Do you even read ?

4 Likes

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by BedLam: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
Tiana18:
I can stand as the father. cool
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by queendoreez(f): 9:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
Tiana18:

Hey OP, DivineIsGreat gave you the most suitable advice. Most single mums who want to travel change their kids name to theirs and get a male family member to stand in as the father... that way you will get your passport and visa.

If you wana talk more about this, chat me on my siggy. God bless you as you strive to give your prince a good life.
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Charlise(f): 10:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
This is why my daughter has double birth certificate, one with her father's name, the other with my fathers name, in case I need to port with her at anytime.

5 Likes

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Charlise(f): 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
Tiana18:
Just go and get another birth certificate in your fathers name for your child.

1 Like

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by VocalWalls: 10:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
A new birth certificate, or a falsified death certificate that bears the other surname.

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by DivineIsGreat: 9:04am On Sep 07, 2018
Charlise:
This is why my daughter has double birth certificate, one with her father's name, the other with my fathers name, in case I need to port with her at anytime.
My daughter has 3 birth certificate actually... Lolz.

1 Like

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by richidinho(m): 9:41am On Sep 07, 2018
DivineIsGreat:
Well, as for me, I already changed my daughter's surname to mine....and my elder brother is standing in as her father now...
I really don't have enough strength for stress.
why not call me, my contact is on my profile

1 Like

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Nobody: 4:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Mizwisdom:

The father may die before then so no need for harshness. She said he has abandoned the child.

Madam, if you want custody contact your lawyer

Then provide legal proof the said father is dead.

You know people could exploit this "abandoned father story" and increase rates of child trafficking. Blame the criminals that continue to exploit and enslave their fellow humans

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by adslipps: 2:39am On Sep 08, 2018
Come I can stand as the father
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by DivineIsGreat: 3:15pm On Sep 08, 2018
richidinho:

why not call me, my contact is on my profile
That number is not on WhatsApp
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by richidinho(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2018
DivineIsGreat:
That number is not on WhatsApp

Was banned for a year since december, call or facebook
Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Kissup(f): 4:30pm On Sep 08, 2018
You are not alone dear.try and reply my mail or send me your whatsapp number let's talk about our experience as mothers
Tiana18:

1 Like

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Kissup(f): 4:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
To be a single mum isn't easy.my son is 1year now.i want to change his birth certificate. Can we talk about our experience as single mothers
DivineIsGreat:
My daughter has 3 birth certificate actually... Lolz.

1 Like

Re: How can i travel with my child as a single mother abandoned by the father by Kissup(f): 7:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
I got your message but I can't access my mail via nairaland.
Tiana18:

(1) (Reply)

Trips To Some Major Cities In USA And Canada / Tarkwa Bay: From Sin Land To Leisure Land / Wes Payment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.