Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

Ebonyi Govt Wants Police Officers Prosecuted Over Vandalization - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Govt Wants Police Officers Prosecuted Over Vandalization (281 Views)

Doyin Okupe Prosecuted Over Arms Fraud To Lead LP Campaign / Totalenergies Shuts Down Alaoji 405MW Power Plant Over Vandalization / David Ibiyeomie Vs Daddy Freeze: Lauretta Onochie Wants Police To Arrest Pastor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ebonyi Govt Wants Police Officers Prosecuted Over Vandalization by OrientDailyNews: 7:53am On Sep 06, 2018
By Sunday Agbo , Abakaliki

Government of Ebonyi State wants the Command of Ebonyi State Police to prosecute police officers that were on duty on 25th June when the generator sets at the Ebonyi State Pipe Production Plant located at Ezzangbo in Ohaukwu local government area was vandalized.

Briefing newsmen on outcome of recent Executive Council meeting in Abakaliki, Senior Special Adviser to the government, Dr. Kenneth Ugbala, Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources and Head of Service, Dr. Chamberlain Nweke, described as shocking the cannibalization of the generator sets.

They said the position of Exco were the prosecution of police officers who were on duty when the plant was vandalized, indefinite suspension of board members, dismissal of ad-hoc staff, while disciplinary would be taken against civil servants working there.

Ugbala said, “ the council received with shock the report of a committee headed by the Hon. Commissioner for Agriculture and Natural Resources on the position of our pipe production in relation of the cannibalization of the facilities used to work in the factory.

“Recall that on 25th of June, 2018 the council received a security information that the power plant machines generating electricity to the company was vandalized.

“The council deliberated and give a directive that the Nigeria Police Force should immediately prosecute the police personnel that were on duty.

“The day these plants were cannibalized, they were arrested that day on my supervision as the SSA on security. Council directed my office and that of the attorney general of the state to follow the matter to a logical end.

Ogodo-Ali Nome said Council had to take the resolutions to serve as deterrent to others.

“I visited the pipe company with my committee. We observed that the generator set house was very close to the security gate. I wonder how such could happen without the knowledge of the security men on duty.

“Something has to be done to ensure that government properties are taken very serious. It is our believe that if what supposed to be done was done, those gen sets wouldn’t have been cannibalized.

“We are saying that something has to be done so as to serve as deterrent to others that take government business as no man’s business. The only measure is that we need to get to the root of this matter by ensuring that all the culprits are produced.

Head of service, Nwele Chamberlain regretted that, “ this is the second time this vandalization is taken place in that company as government spent quite a lot of money to replace the parts that were removed.

“The council directed that all ad-hoc staff of the company should be relieved of their duties. They should be dismissed, and all civil servants working there, due process would be followed to ensure that the disciplinary action would be taken against them.

“Council decided that all board members of the company should be placed on indefinite suspension without salary and they cannot access company’s account. These are the decisions of Council”,he stated.

https://orientdailynews.com.ng/news/ebonyi-govt-wants-police-officers/

lalasticlala seun mynd44
Re: Ebonyi Govt Wants Police Officers Prosecuted Over Vandalization by kcjazzy: 12:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
my governor wey sabi him work, these police guys are nobody's friend at all

(1) (Reply)

When We Have Illiterates As Leaders, The People Suffer. / Wife Of Edo Governor Charges Female Political Appointees On Performance / Bianca Ojukwu’s Senatorial Ambition Distorts Political Equation In Anambra South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.