Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo (9391 Views)

Nigerian Govt Created Fake Igbo Group Because Of Nnamdi Kanu – IPOB / How Fake Igbo Youths Visited Buhari In Aso Villa – Ohanaeze / Ndigbo Need To Start Ignoring The Fake “igbo Muslim” Press Release (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ebonyi was created in 1996. It was created from the fusion of 2 provinces

1. Abakaliki province from Enugu
2. Afikpo province from Abia

History of Afikpo

AFIKPO was founded by the Igbo Ukwu Omaka, Ekuma Ubaghala and their kinsmen who are Aro warriors who migrated from Arochukwu. Igbo Ukwu settled in Ehugbo, the political centre of Afikpo, Ubaghala founded Amasiri and kinsmen spread out to found, Edda (now Afikpo south LGA) and Akpoha. Afikpo people are Aro descendants and they used the Amadi system found in Abia as they share close relationship with the Arochukwu, Ohafia, Abam, Abiriba, Afikpo and Ekoi. They were part of the Aro constituency (Ohafia, Abam, Abiriba, Afikpo and Ekoi) dominated
south-eastern Nigeria throughout the 18th and 19th century.

Afikpo in Igbo and Ebonyi politics

Ebonyi was created by fusion of two power blocs, Abakaliki bloc from Enugu and Afikpo bloc from Abia (which comprised of Afikpo South (Edda), Afikpo North, Ivo, Onicha and Ohaozara LGAs). As at 1957, Abakaliki had not produced a single university graduate and had no post-primary school; the primary schools that were available between 1950 and 1958 were manned by teachers who were indigenes of Afikpo Division.
Sir Francis Akanu Ibiam, the first governor of Eastern Nigeria is an Afikpo man. He is also one of the first Nigerians to be a medical doctor.

Prominent Afikpo sons
The current governor of Ebonyi Dave Umahi is from Ohaozara
The first governor of old Abia state Ogbonnaya Onu is from Ohaozara
The former Senate president and SFG Anyim Pius Anyim is from Ivo
The first Governor of Eastern Nigeria Akanu Ibiam is from Afikpo North.

I don't know about the history of other people of Ebonyi but Afikpo people are bonafide Igbo people for generations. Afikpo are not Abakaliki. Anybody that tells me that fake Igbo nonsense should have his ignorant self blamed for my reaction

Modified: Culled from Arochukwu Wikipedia page:
By the mid-18th century, Arochukwu people founded many other communities both within and outside Igboland. These migrations, influence of their god Ibini Ukpabi through priests, and their military power backed up by alliances with several related neighboring Igbo (particularly Ohafia, Abam, Abiriba, Afikpo) and Eastern Cross River neighbour Ekoi, and quickly established the Aro Confederacy as a regional economic power.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by mabea: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Nonsense
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Afikpo and abakiliki are not igbos.....

I think u should read a better history coz there ancestry is traced to kano state while other records traces it to borno state.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by TundeBricklayer: 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:
[s]Afikpo and abakiliki are not igbos.....

I think u should readhttp://www.nairaland.com/politics a better history coz there ancestry is traced to kano state while other records traces it to borno state[/s].
I don't know why you enjoying being stupid

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by TundeBricklayer: 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:
Ebonyi was created in 1996. It was created from the fusion of 2 provinces

1. Abakaliki province from Enugu
2. Afikpo province from Abia

History of Afikpo

AFIKPO was founded by the Igbo Ukwu Omaka or simply Igbo Ukwu, and his kinsmen who are Aro warriors who migrated from Arochukwu. Igbo Ukwu settled in Ehugbo, the political centre of Afikpo and kinsmen spread out to found the neighboring towns of Amasiri, Edda and Akpoha. Afikpo people are Aro descendants and they used the Amadi system found in Abia as they share close relationship with the Bende, Arochukwu and Ohafia. They were part of the Aro slave merchants

Afikpo in Igbo and Ebonyi politics

Ebonyi was created by fusion of two power blocs, Abakaliki bloc from Enugu and Afikpo bloc from Abia (which comprised of Afikpo North and South LGAs, Edda and Ohaozara). As at 1957, Abakaliki had not produced a single university graduate and had no post-primary school; the primary schools that were available between 1950 and 1958 were manned by teachers who were indigenes of Afikpo Division.
Sir Francis Akanu Ibiam, the first governor of Eastern Nigeria is an Afikpo man. He is also one of the first Nigerians to be a medical doctor.

I don't know about the history of other people of Ebonyi but Afikpo people are bonafide Igbo people for generations. Anybody that tells me that fake Igbo nonsense should have his ignorant self blamed for my reaction
Op I hope you know Ijebus Are From Sudan, they are not Yoruba
Read more below

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

I don't know why you enjoying being stupid

U not making sense.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 1:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

I think u should read a better history coz there ancestry is traced to kano state while other records traces it to borno state.

Except Arochukwu aren't Igbo, your argument is stupid.

Moreover the history of Afikpo as told by scholars is more reliable than whatever nonsense your lazy father told you to make himself feel better about his misery instead of him to go and hustle like other Anambra men

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Morbeta11(m): 2:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
This is one of the many reasons why Biafra will be worse than Somalia.

7 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Except Arochukwu aren't Igbo, your argument is stupid.

Moreover the history of Afikpo as told by scholars is more reliable than whatever nonsense your lazy father told you to make himself feel better about his misery instead of him to go and hustle like other Anambra men

If u are using this tainted history to console yourself as an igbo man....then u need a total over haul of ur brain case.....

Dotted history won't sway the fact that ur fathers were hausa-fulani and kanuri.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by justtoodark: 2:10pm On Sep 06, 2018
keep on messing around in igboland and the aros will return to beat all you igbos up....
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 2:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
TundeBricklayer:

Op I hope you know Ijebus Are From Sudan, they are not Yoruba
Read more below

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/06/25/ijebus-are-from-sudan-awujale-insists/

Except Yoruba can trace their traditions and names to similar ones in Sudan, that's a fairy tale. Afikpo was always part of the Abia system of Igbo, by culture, proximity and names

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by justtoodark: 2:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
the word igbo is a made up word like yoruba or hausa....tribes dont care about all this things.....

their are tribes that still remember who they are even before whites arrived on our shores....

i warned una to let go....but noooo.....

una will only open up old wounds....

their is no such thing as igbo,hausa or yoruba....

this are words from whites to control better....

if you think only shouting this words is enough to unite areas,then una are in for a big surprise....south sudan will be nothing compared to what will happen to una....
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Turantula(m): 2:20pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

You are right, they are from Niger republic the same village with you.
Rotten smelly Aboki, Igbo-wannabe like you.
Spit

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by justtoodark: 2:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
Turantula:

Spit

let it be....live and let live....we are not europe....we are many tribes...trying to unite africa like europe will not work....
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2018
Turantula:

Spit

Lolzzzz

Why not give us ur own history instead of these curses.
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

If u are using this tainted history to console yourself as an igbo man....then u need a total over haul of ur brain case.....

Dotted history won't sway the fact that ur fathers were hausa-fulani and kanuri.

Tainted history? On the other hand, I'm talking about Abia history and an Anambra man who should be focusing on Anambra/Anioma business is suddenly an expert of Aro exploits. Instead of thinking about how to go and abolish Osu caste system in your state

Now let me state facts
1. Afipko was never part of Abakaliki province but was Abia until 1996 by Sani Abacha

2. The first governor of Eastern state (yes the leader of all igbo, from Ikwerre to Nnewi) was Akanu Ibiam an Afikpo man and he is the first igbo medical doctor

3. Afikpo was and still practices the Amadi system similar to that found in Abia as they are among the Bende, Ohafia, Arochukwu sharing culture and common boundaries

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Tainted history? On the other hand, I'm talking about Abia history and an Anambra man who should be focusing on Anambra/Anioma business is suddenly an expert of Aro exploits. Instead of thinking about how to go and abolish Osu caste system in your state

Now let me state facts
1. Afipko was never part of Abakaliki province but was Abia until 1996 by Sani Abacha

2. [s]The first governor of Eastern state (yes the leader of all igbo, from Ikwerre to Nnewi) was Akanu Ibiam an Afikpo man and he is the first igbo medical doctor[/s]

3. Afikpo was and still practices the Amadi system similar to that found in Abia as they are among the Bende, Ohafia, Arochukwu sharing culture and common boundaries

@bolded, we don't have any business with anioma or whatever there name is.

Secondly ur history of akanu ibiam is rubbish lie...get ur facts right...

I think u should access ur culture and that of hausa-fulani and kanuri and see the overwhelming similarities.
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 2:58pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

@bolded, we don't have any business with anioma or whatever there name is.

Secondly ur history of akanu ibiam is rubbish lie...get ur facts right...

I think u should access ur culture and that of hausa-fulani and kanuri and see the overwhelming similarities.

You don't even know a single thing about igbo. It's clear you are an afonja. If you like type heaven and earth, you aren't getting a response from me

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

You don't even know a single thing about igbo. It's clear you are an afonja. If you like type heaven and earth, you aren't getting a response from me

U ursef is not an igboman...

I have said before that ebonyi be moved under arewa.and north
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Jax1: 3:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

This consummated troglodyte should know better about his ancestry rather than delve into matters far greater than his watery brain cells.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 3:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
Better give Afikpo their due respect

Afterall out of 135 primary schools built in the Old Afikpo Division, only Government Primary School Afikpo was built directly by the government in 1924.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 4:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
I just called my mom to coroborate, she confirmed the arochukwu migration and added that there is a dance arochukwu warriors do after they defeat an enemy, they would behead him, put his head in a basket and do a dance around the head. It's called the Abam dance. This dance is still done culturally till today in Afikpo but not with human head.
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:
I just called my mom to coroborate, she confirmed the arochukwu migration and added that there is a dance arochukwu warriors do after they defeat an enemy, they would behead him, put his head in a basket and do a dance around the head. It's called the Abam dance. This dance is still done culturally till today in Afikpo but not with human head.

This hausa man no wan rest.

Keep deceiving ur self that abakiliki/afikpo are igbos.
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 7:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

[s]
This hausa man no wan rest.

Keep deceiving ur self that abakiliki/afikpo are igbos.[/s]
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Ohaozara: 7:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

As an Ohaaozara man who was previously from IMO state, then to Abia, with no ancestral connection to Abakaliki, then some one suddenly starts calling me Abakaliki man just to downgrade me, possibly because I'm from Ebonyi State simply means that some people are poor in logical thinking. I'm a proud Ebonyian but not Abakaliki man, I'm rather an Ohaaozara Man and would prefer to be addressed as that.

3 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ohaozara:
As an Ohaaozara man who was previously from IMO state, then to Abia, with no ancestral connection to Abakaliki, then some one suddenly starts calling me Abakaliki man just to downgrade me, possibly because I'm from Ebonyi State simply means that some people are poor in logical thinking. I'm a proud Ebonyian but not Abakaliki man, I'm rather an Ohaaozara Man and would prefer to be addressed as that.

You dey mind those people. They won't listen to you when you're talking calmly until you yell and become violent. Ohaozara was part of the old Afikpo province and was never Abakaliki. And they are 2 different people with different history

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ohaozara:

Your submission is okay and that of a sound mind.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
[quote author=UgwuAghachi post=70966350][/quote]

U can cancel my post but u can't cancel ur arewa history.
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 8:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

U can cancel my post but u can't cancel ur arewa history.

Lmfao. Benin slave
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 06, 2018
UgwuAghachi:

Lmfao. Benin slave

Is that what ur little history book told u....go and read again........ grin grin grin grin grin

Anyi aburo ogbo.
Re: Ebonyi Political History. Afikpo Are Not Abakaliki. Afikpo Fake Igbo by UgwuAghachi: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Is that what ur little history book told u....go and read again........ grin grin grin grin grin

Anyi aburo ogbo.

Obi of Onitsha wanna be Oba of Benin so badly its pathetic. Igbo have no kings. If any Igbo group suddenly have kings, its because they are diluted mixture bunch that were chased away from foreign land with a foreign culture grin

Meanwhile the first Eastern governor from 1960 - 1966 was Akunu Ibiam from Uwana, Afikpo North LGA. Before he handed over to Ojukwu, let it pepper your weak ego

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu’s Support Group To Ask Youths Be Involved In Party Politics / Primaries: Two Arrested For Allegedly Bribing Delegates In Adamawa / Chinua Achebe Speaks Against Corruption And Fuel Subsidy Removal.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.