Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,455 members, 7,770,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:05 AM

Depression - This Not The End - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Depression - This Not The End (285 Views)

My Name Is John Dare Henry - THE END / In The End...The Beginning (A Romance Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / Fighting Depression As An African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Depression - This Not The End by Brazzaville(m): 7:35pm On Sep 06, 2018
I want you to know that no matter where you are in life, no matter how low you have sunk, no matter how big your situation, no matter what you are going through; this is not the end, this is never the end of your story and this is not the final chapter of your life. I know it may be hard right now, but if you just hang in there, stay with me for a little while, you will find that this tough moment will pass and if you are committed to using this thing, using it to build your character, finding a greater meaning for the pain. You will find that in time, you can turn your life around and help others who are going through the same struggle.
The world right now is the middle of a mental health crisis. It is estimated that almost half the population suffers from depression at some stage throughout their life, rather than join the queue, it’s important that we learn why we get down and how we can change it because believe it or not, we created our own negative feelings and we can also make sure that we turn our life around and be a positive change for others. The reason anyone gets depressed always comes down to the consistent thought we think and the consistent believes we hold, the point here is that anyone that is depressed is so because there is an external factor that get materialized in their life, they have lost something outside of their control or don’t have something that is out of their control.
In school we are taught how to get a job, when no one teaches us how to live in a state of happiness, no one teaches us how important our conscious and unconscious thought and associations are. Does our happiness not worth more than the job? Yes it is. And before you say happiness won’t pay my bills, happiness will pay your bills, when you realize you will be ten times more energized, focused and take positive actions in your life when you first chose to develop yourself as a priority and then get to top of the world. I have seen some people who many will consider to have it all in their life because they thought they were not good enough, a thought, a believe within them told them that they were not worthy. This people that many would jealous of, many envious off where not good enough. You must value yourself enough, to take the time every single day to work on you, to engage in something that ensures you are a positive influence on the world, but that doesn’t mean life will certainly be perfect, the same life challenges will show up but if your mind is strong, if your mind is at peace then your reactions to the challenges in times will be very different, your reactions will be “how can I make this work” not “ why is this happening to me ” and then others will look to you not with pain but with hope because your strength will become their strength, their hope, you can really be that powerful. You can ditch the victim’s story; you can leave the pain behind and focus on how you will react next, how you will react positively or you can read to get your mind in a positive place. Take steps to ensure you will be in a better position next time and soon you will be in top of the stair case, don’t give up, you are worthy, you are more than worthy, you deserve to experience how great life can be and you owe to the world; to be that positive to others, to inspire others who will look to you and say “he did it” “she did it” and “I can do it too”
If you are suffering from depression please seek help.
Talk to someone.
Commit to work on yourself.
Life can be great, you can happy.
You are worthy.

https://evhiemenisa..com/2018/03/depression-this-not-end.html

(1) (Reply)

A Poem / How To Tear Up A Section / Ferocious (Chapter Seventeen)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.