Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians (1282 Views)

The Gnosis Of Easter- The Real Meaning Of Easter / My Thoughts And Questions About Religion / Questions For Daddy G. O, Pastor Kumuyi & Pastor Lazarus Muoka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by babs787(m): 9:53am On Apr 03, 2007
Easter is the Sunday on which the resurrection of Christ is celebrated in the Christian world. The celebration is believed to have started in about AD 68. the English word Easter probably comes from Eostre, a saxon goddess whose festival was celebrated about the time of the vernal equoinox (the Guinness book of answers page 68. entry Easter day). Encyclopedia Britannica says that, ‘the anglo-saxon priest venerable Bede in the 8th century derived the word Easter from the Anglo-Saxon spring goddess Eostre. Encyclopedia Britannica says “ As at Christmas, so also at Easter, popular customs reflect many ancient pagan survivals – in this instance, connected with spring fertility rites such as the symbol of the Easter Egg and the Easter hare or rabbit”.

Without question, perhaps[s the most celebrated of all the Christian holidays. It deals with the very foundation of the Christianity faith:

1st Corinthians 15 v 14; and if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain and your faith is also vain.

Yet Allah is clear on the fact Jesus was not crucified

Quran 4 v 157: …, and they killed him not, nor did they cause his death on the cross, but he was made to appear to them as such. And those who differ therein are full of doubts with no (certain) knowledge but only conjecture to follow! For of a surety, they killed him not.

Also, this pagan festival is actually a combination of both Astoria (from which the word Easter is derived from), the female goddess of fertility of the northern European Saxons and the Isis-Osiris cult. The lover of Astoria, Attis, dies and is reborn annually, in conjunction with the summer solactice (spring time), the time of the year of the Eastern celebrations. The theology of Attis was incorporated into the events of Jesus according to the Christian church that is. The symbol of the Astoria is the EGG, which is part of the Easter celebration (Easter Egg).

In the Isis-Osiris cult of ancient Egypt, crucifixion was often a required means of sacrificing the king as the ‘incarnation of God’ for the ‘salvation’ of man. Such bloody sacrifices were accompanied by the belief that the saviour’s flesh and blood had to be eaten and drank in a cannibalistic sacrament. This is currently practiced by the Catholic Church, metaphorically, in all their masses. Yet, one cannot ignore the pagan roots of this act. The Catholic Church actually believes in the transubstantiation of this ceremony, instituted by St. Thomas Aquinas in the 12th century AD, meaning, the Catholics believe that the bread and wine used turns into the actual flesh and blood of Jesus, dates back to 1700 BC. This notion that Jesus had to be sacrificed for the salvation of all mankind traces back to this older barbarism.

Easter starts with Ash Wednesday, followed by Lent (40- day fasting spurred by Pentecostals but observed by Orthodox and Aladura churches) [ orthodox churches are catholics, Anglican, Methodist, Baptist etc. Aladura churches practice biblical rituals, emphasize ‘spiritualism’ and usually designate white gowns for members-

Palm Sunday follows Lent. Christians bear palm fronds about to mark Jesus’ entry into Jerusalem. This is followed by Good Friday, which most Christians observe (protestants condemn Catholics, but they still copy their Easter practices from the Catholics!). they claim that ‘good Friday’ is the day Christ was crucified. Good Friday is ‘good’ because the blood of Jesus, according to them, was shed to ‘wash away’ their sins. The Monday after Good Friday is called Easter.

Allah rejects this savagery in Genesis 22 v 1-14 where God used ram to replace son meant for sacrifice and there are other verses too going against human sacrifice.

It is my responsibility to bring to light the truth of such pagan practices in the hopes that God willing, Christians will see the errors of such acts which are nothing more than ritual that draws one away from the worship of God. Celebrating the ‘death’ of Jesus is against the word of Allah that…,,, of a surety they killed him not (Quran 4 v 157)

Finally, Allah says

Quran 6 v 153: verily, this is the way leading straight: follow it. Follow not (other) paths, they will scatter you about from this path. Allah commands you thus that you may be righteous.

Now, having shed light on the origin of Easter, I am now directing the below questions to Christian brothers and sisters here to explain them to us.

1. Was Easter celebrated in the bible? Because we all know that the bible was written after the demise of Jesus.

2. Is there any relationship between Easter and Passover?

3. What day was Jesus Christ tied to a stake or crucified?

4. what day did he rise?

One of the things to know a true prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesies, it will surely come to pass (fulfilled)

5. Did Jesus fulfill the three days and three nights prophecy of Jonah.

Note: I have limited the questions to Easter celebration but not on crucifixion of jesus
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by babs787(m): 9:31am On Apr 10, 2007
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by nossycheek(f): 2:35pm On Apr 10, 2007
@babs787,

1. Was Easter celebrated in the bible? Because we all know that the bible was written after the demise of Jesus.

Blockhead, was el da mumu and el da filtri celebrated in the Koran? Start your answers from there? I will provide you with the answers after your response!

Our references are from the Bible and not your Koran. Jesus was crucified!

And you are so confused that you are confusing the Passover and Easter. At Passover, Jesus celebrated his last supper with his disciples while he rose on Easter (3rd day after he was buried)

And all his prophesy, including that of his rising from the Death has been and are being fulfilled.

You can go ahead and practice what ever you find on the bark of the trees but for us, the Bible is our mantle. And it contains the words of the Almighty God, the only true God, besides Him, there is no other GOD. ALL OTHER ARE semi-gods who are mainly man-made objects. There is only one True God.
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by alexis(m): 12:43am On Apr 11, 2007
nossycheek,

The man is trying to ridicule our Lord and Saviour. Thank you for enlightening us with one of your stories you learnt at your imam feet. In all fairness, if indeed christianity is a pagan religion, how come by the name of Jesus, blind muslims eyes are open, deaf muslim ears are open, crippled muslims can walk? Or abi your all powerful allah, the founder of the "true" religion can't heal them?

Jesus was crucified, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven, it was the talk of the town and recorded and attested by many people. Yet 600 years later - islam came out and said it was a lie.

Now tell me - who is foolish? The koran claims that it was there before the beginning of the world, that everything in it is perfect; if that was so, how come allah forgot to inform his muslim faithfuls that Jesus was raised from the dead and that at the name of Jesus, every knee must bow?
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 11, 2007
babs787:

Yet Allah is clear on the fact Jesus was not crucified

Who is allah? From hence is he coming from to be "clear on a fact" he has no idea about? For a "god" who only surfaced more than 200yrs AFTER the event he claims to be "clear about", his statements need to be taken with a pinch of salt.

babs787:

Quran 4 v 157: …, and [b]they killed him not, nor did they cause his death on the cross, but he was made to appear to them as such. And those who differ therein are full of doubts with no (certain) knowledge but only conjecture to follow! For of a surety, they killed him not.[/b]

grin grin There must be something that scares allah about the crucifiction that made him repeat "they killed him not" twice in a single verse! Why is he so particular about whether Jesus was killed or not? Why has he nothing to say about the other gods that dot the religious landscape?

babs787:

Allah rejects this savagery in Genesis 22 v 1-14 where God used ram to replace son meant for sacrifice and there are other verses too going against human sacrifice.

shocked shocked Allah rejects "savagery"? shocked shocked
Why is allah so unstable? How can he reject human sacrifice in the book of Genesis and yet encourage suicide bombers disguised as martyrs in the 21st century?
Does allah understand the meaning of the word "savagery"? What of all the banditry exhibited by his prophet? What of all the bloodletting being propagated by his adherents the world over? Sept 11, July 7, Bali, Nairobi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Gombe? And allah claims to reject savagery?

babs787:

Was Mohammed's birthday celebrated in the quran?

babs787:

4. what day did he rise?

I thought allah was "clear on the fact" that they killed him not? cheesy

babs787:

One of the things to know a true prophet is that whenever he speaks or prophesies, it will surely come to pass (fulfilled)

grin Please mention 3 prophecies that mohammed prophesied that came to pass.
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by batu: 4:12pm On Apr 11, 2007
Now, having shed light on the origin of Easter, I am now directing the below questions to Christian brothers and sisters here to explain them to us.
2. Is there any relationship between Easter and Passover?
4. what day did he rise?
5. Did Jesus fulfill the three days and three nights prophecy of Jonah.

@blabs787,
Congratulations; finally you've given birth to your long-awaited question on the 'fulfillment of the prophecy of Jonah. grin grin Is this your best shot? How woeful!!!

You "shed light" indeed by trying to discredit the celebration of the "death, burial and ressurection of Jesus Christ" with your typical copy and paste fantasy stories of Greco-Roman paganism; triangulated with statements of another idol called 'allah'. Is allah not really confused? Because in Sura 4:157, 'allah' stated that Jesus was not crucified, but later allah said in the same passage (which you did not write) that 'it' (i.e. allah) made Simon to take up the 'form' or 'appearance' of Jesus, and that it was Simon that was crucified and not Jesus. I hope you saw that in your Quran!! Dont you see that the idol called 'allah' knows that the crusifixion of Jesus Christ is too powerful to be denied, hence "it" is trying to give an alternative explanation of the crusifixion. That is the trade-mark of the devil, always trying to give "alternatives to the truth"; which is why the devil is called the "deceiver." As such, you can see that the idol called 'allah' is nothing other than one of the agents of the devil.

Now on the prophecy of Jonah:
This has confused muslims for ages; and not only muslims but other sceptics also. To you muslims, Friday to Sunday morning is not up to three days, but just 2 days, as such the prophecy about the sign of Jonah is not right, abi? Unfortunately, this is due to blatant ignorance. In Isreal, up till this moment, the "Jewish" tradition or cultural timing is that: "a new day starts at sundown". As such, the Friday (by Greek custom) of crusifixion actually started at sundown of preceeding Thursday, up to sundown friday i.e. Day 1!. Day 2 started at sundown friday up to sundown saturday; and Day 3 started at sundown saturday. So, do you see now that Jesus in his prophecy to the Jews of Israel will definitely use the jewish description of day since that is the culturally understaood and accepted way. But you have decided to interprete it using the greek calendar days. See what ignorance does.  grin grin
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by babs787(m): 4:55pm On Apr 11, 2007
@nossycheeks

[color=#990000]#1. Was Easter celebrated in the bible? Because we all know that the bible was written after the demise of Jesus.

Blockhead, was el da mumu and el da filtri celebrated in the Koran? Start your answers from there? I will provide you with the answers after your response!#[/color]

Thats your trademark, so I am not moved at all yet you will claim that the insult is being started by Muslims.

[color=#990000]
#Our references are from the Bible and not your Koran. Jesus was crucified!#
[/color]

I have been giving you verses from your same bible too. Dont worry, I will ask three of you questions on his crucifixion and also on the issue of the 3rd day.

#And you are so confused that you are confusing the Passover and Easter. At Passover, Jesus celebrated his last supper with his disciples while he rose on Easter (3rd day after he was buried)#.[

Am not confused, I asked you a question and you have answered me.

And all his prophesy, including that of his rising from the Death has been and are being fulfilled

Can I have the prophesies?

@Alexis

The man is trying to ridicule our Lord and Saviour. Thank you for enlightening us with one of your stories you learnt at your imam feet. In all fairness, if indeed christianity is a pagan religion, how come by the name of Jesus, blind muslims eyes are open, deaf muslim ears are open, crippled muslims can walk? Or abi your all powerful allah, the founder of the "true" religion can't heal them?#[

Brother, nobody is ridiculing your Jesus, I only asked questions and Christians have been doing same. So christianity is not a pagan religion? Havent you been reading 'pagan influence in christianity or if you need sites and information too, I can provide you. Is Jesus really his name. Brother, as to the issue of opening the eyes of the blind, we have them at Kano street, Railway crossing, Sabo and they are ever ready to denounce their faith if they are muslims and we have christians there too that are still blind, deaf etc. Pastor Oyakhilome and his counterparts, Bonnke, T.B Joshua should have reduced the number of  handicapped by now.

#Jesus was crucified, rose from the dead and ascended into heaven, it was the talk of the town and recorded and attested by many people. Yet 600 years later - islam came out and said it was a lie.#

How many people witnessed the crucifixion and the resurrection? Were his disciples present?

Now tell me - who is foolish? The koran claims that it was there before the beginning of the world, that everything in it is perfect; if that was so, how come allah forgot to inform his muslim faithfuls that Jesus was raised from the dead and that at the name of Jesus, every knee must bow?

Jesus never died let alone being raised from the dead.

@Davidylan

#Who is allah? From hence is he coming from to be "clear on a fact" he has no idea about? For a "god" who only surfaced more than 200yrs AFTER the event he claims to be "clear about", his statements need to be taken with a pinch of salt. #

Dont worry. As we proceed, we will know if Jesus is clear about the whole issue or not.

#There must be something that scares allah about the crucifiction that made him repeat "they killed him not" twice in a single verse! Why is he so particular about whether Jesus was killed or not? Why has he nothing to say about the other gods that dot the religious landscape?  #

Brother Allah is particular about the death because of you. On that, Jesus will deny you that he never knew you. He is also particular about the crucifixion in order to let u know that it is the work of satan and that Jesus was never killed but made to look like that to you christians. None of you has enough evidence but following only conjecture and that is the more reasons verses on crucifixion are contradiction each other because nobody witnesses it. It was made to look like that.

Allah rejects "savagery"?  
Why is allah so unstable? How can he reject human sacrifice in the book of Genesis and yet encourage suicide bombers disguised as martyrs in the 21st century?
Does allah understand the meaning of the word "savagery"? What of all the banditry exhibited by his prophet? What of all the bloodletting being propagated by his adherents the world over? Sept 11, July 7, Bali, Nairobi, Sudan, Ethiopia, Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Gombe? And allah claims to reject savagery?

Dont worry, we will shed more light on terrorism, ur definition, origin,  causes, etc when the time comes

Quote from: babs787 on April 03, 2007, 09:53 AM

Was Muhammad's birthday celebrated in the quran?

You will never see it there because the Quran is only the words of Allah. If you dont know, we dont kill rams, cows, chicken etc like you normally do and there is nowhere that says Jesus was born on 25th. On that day, muslims seclude themselves in the mosque, listen to sermons, eg life history of the prophet, and we equally send prayers to him. We dont worship Muhammed as you worship Jesus. We are very careful as to how we honour him. The Holy Prophet said:

"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the christians do in praising isa son of Maryam, for I am only a slave of Allah. So call me the Slave of Allah and His Messenger.

3.   What day was Jesus Christ tied to a stake or crucified?
4.   what day did he rise?

I thought allah was "clear on the fact" that they killed him not?  

I need your response grin

Please mention 3 prophecies that mohammed prophesied that came to pass

Answer my question first. This is the question again:

5.   Did Jesus fulfill the three days and three nights prophecy of Jonah.

Now to the three of you. I am not clear about the following questions, so I need your input

1. I saw a post by someone saying he was crucified publicly, did his disciples witness the crucifixion?

2. Christians say that Jesus and the disciples were aware of what he came to do, if that is the case, why did the disciples not believe that he had risen from the dead?

3. If the disciples knew that Jesus had to rise, why didn’t they return to Jerusalem to see the resurrection?

4. Is there anywhere in the bible (both OT and NT) that Jesus foretold his 'crucifixion'?

5. Where was jesus crucified, Outside Jerusalem or in Jerusalem?

@Batu

Chei na wa o. Ignorance is really a disease.

Because in Sura 4:157, 'allah' stated that Jesus was not crucified, but later allah said in the same passage (which you did not write) that 'it' (i.e. allah) made Simon to take up the 'form' or 'appearance' of Jesus, and that it was Simon that was crucified and not Jesus.

Let me have your verse in full please

In Isreal, up till this moment, the "Jewish" tradition or cultural timing is that: "a new day starts at sundown". As such, the Friday (by Greek custom) of crusifixion actually started at sundown of preceeding Thursday, up to sundown friday i.e. Day 1!. Day 2 started at sundown friday up to sundown saturday; and Day 3 started at sundown saturday. So, do you see now that Jesus in his prophecy to the Jews of Israel will definitely use the jewish description of day since that is the culturally understaood and accepted way.

I dont want to go into the full story about the sign of Jonah but will when you are able to refute my claim.

You are really a professor  grin grin

Now my professor said Jewish timing starts at sundown. So if the day starts at thursday as said by our professor, lets dig deep into it to see if the calculation is really correct.

Jesus said 3 days and 3 nights. So lets see if the days amount to that.

Our professor said Jews start their new day as from sundown meaning that they started their new day on thursday:

Easter Week                     Days                                        Nights

Thursday Night                   Nil                                          One Night
(Placed in the tomb
as put by professor
Batu)

Friday-Saturday                One Day                               One Night

Saturday- Sunday               One day                               Nil

So brother, calculate for me pls  grin

Thursday -Friday                  One night and one Day

Friday - Saturday              One day and One Night

Saturday - Sunday           One Night and no day.

When they got there, they found that he had risen on Sunday Morning.

Please solve the arithmetic connudrum   grin grin
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by Nobody: 5:08pm On Apr 11, 2007
babs787:

Brother Allah is particular about the death because of you. On that, Jesus will deny you that he never knew you. He is also particular about the crucifixion in order to let u know that it is the work of satan and that Jesus was never killed but made to look like that to you christians. None of you has enough evidence but following only conjecture and that is the more reasons verses on crucifixion are contradiction each other because nobody witnesses it. It was made to look like that.

And pray. . . what is allah's "evidence" that the crucifixion never took place since "there were no witnesses"? If we use the same analogy, what is the evidence that mohammed truly ascended to heaven from jerusalem since IT IS CLEAR THERE WERE NO WITNESSES?
Is allah not a confused individual?
Why is allah so particular about the death of Jesus BECAUSE OF ME? The same me he refers to as an infidel, an ape and fit to be killed by any muslim? Is allah so loving to care about me and my persistence in the belief of the death and resurection of Jesus? Or is allah merely the tool of the devil to cheat many out of their salvation including you?

babs787:

You will never see it there because the Quran is only the words of Allah. If you don't know, we don't kill rams, cows, chicken etc like you normally do and there is nowhere that says Jesus was born on 25th. On that day, muslims seclude themselves in the mosque, listen to sermons, eg life history of the prophet, and we equally send prayers to him. We don't worship Muhammed as you worship Jesus. We are very careful as to how we honour him. The Holy Prophet said:

"Do not exaggerate in praising me as the christians do in praising isa son of Maryam, for I am only a slave of Allah. So call me the Slave of Allah and His Messenger.

Were are the christians who kill rams, cows and chickens AS A MANDATORY part of easter celebrations? Perhaps you are confusing us with your salah celebrating kinsmen?

you are careful about how u "honor" the prophet? grin grin grin How many people lost their lives no thanks to the danish cartoons?
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by batu: 5:19pm On Apr 11, 2007

Easter Week                     Days                                        Nights

Thursday Night                   Nil                                          One Night
(Placed in the tomb
as put by professor
Batu)

Friday-Saturday                One Day                               One Night

Saturday- Sunday               One day                               Nil

So brother, calculate for me please  

Thursday -Friday                  One night and one Day

Friday - Saturday              One day and One Night

Saturday - Sunday           One Night and no day.

When they got there, they found that he had risen on Sunday Morning.

@blabs787,
This is why the concensus on this forum is that you are not a very brilliant mind; but we'll indulge you a little longer, probably and God-willing the information you've received will help you.
3 days and 3 nights were fulfilled literally however difficult it is for your mind to comprehend it. I did not day he was put in the tomb on thursday night. In the following references Jesus stated that "After three days, I will rise again." (Matt 16:21; Matt 17:23; Matt 20:19; Matt 26:61; Mark 8:31; Mark 10:34; Luke 9:22; Luke 13:33; Luke 24:6-7; John 2:19) In all this passage, Jesus affirmed that in three days I will rise again, and he alluded to it by using the sign of Jonah as euphemism in a parable. What I gave you is how this was fulfilled by jewish traditional and cultural timing and language. In your usual simplistic reasoning, you are looking for mathematical calculation. Now wonder you are trying to smuggle allah and muhammed into the bible. God forbid!!
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by babs787(m): 11:09am On Apr 17, 2007
@batu

Na wa for you o. I know that I am not intelligent and that is why I am putting the questions across to you, professor batu grin grin

wWhy not shun abuse and think for a while. I am neither here to ridicule Jesus as Christians have been doing unknowingly nor to argue in order to win but to bring out the truth for people to see because he who sees the truth and accept, does so for his soul and whoever reject the truth, does so at his own peril.

Why are you speaking from both sides of your mouth?

You first claimed that Jews starts their counting from sunset to sunset and later said Jesus used it symbolically.

We all know that Jews and those in those area starts their counting from sunset to sunset. Now Jesus was laid in the tomb on Friday Night, but wasn’t there on Sunday morning. Meaning that he spent on Friday, a night and no day, On Saturday, he spent a day and a night while on Sunday, he was nowhere to be found. This amounts to a day and two nights.

Let us put religion aside, am inviting Muslims, Christians, atheist etc to help us in arriving at 3 days and three nights.

Jesus knew you people well that you will try bending the verse to suit you, clarified the sign that he will spend three days and three nights in the belly of earth just like Jonah did. So let me have your calculation of three days and three nights. Jesus being buried on Friday will not amount to 3 days and 3 nights.

When you are through with that, we will shed light on the prophecy of Jonah, why jesus gave that sign of all the signs he might be having, the processes involved, did Jonah die in the belly of the fish and did he die when vomited and compare that with Jesus too.

Stay glued.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by buluti(m): 8:11pm On Apr 17, 2007
@ babs787,

You are still here asking questions

In your opinion do you think you derserve to be answered,
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by pilgrim1(f): 8:33pm On Apr 17, 2007
@babs787,

You may doubt all you want about the Bible, and I understand that you take that as your default position simply because the Quran denies the truth in the Bible.

However, besides the repetitive act of posing these immature questions, there are many, so many things that Muslims believe today that cannot be found in the Quran; and if we look into the Hadith from which they were derived, they contradict the claims that the Quran makes.

For example,

(a) Muhammad said that Allah has 99 names (i.e., 100 minus 1). Many Muslims today have so many different lists of 99 names; others have up to 110; yet others claim that there are many more names (revealed and unrevealed). So, who should we to believe - Muhammad; or those who discredit his 99 names claim and make it over 100; or yet the Quran does nowhere makes such a list of names for Allah?

(b) I have observed that you often deny Biblical truths simply because of what you have plagiarized from other Islamic websites. For instance, you argue to deny that the crucifixion is not true because none of the disciples of Jesus "witnessed" it. Please, let me ask you: if you believe what many Muslims teach and claim (that someone else was put on the Cross); WHO IS THAT "SOMEONE ELSE"??

(c) Again, since Muslims seem to have a default position for what the Quran claims about the ascension of Jesus Christ, and because of this they deny His death and crucifixion, let me ask you: HOW DID MUHAMMAD KNOW THAT JESUS WAS TAKEN UP TO HEAVEN WITHOUT BEING CRUCIFIED? Was Muhammad a witness of all the claims he made in the Qur'an??

I think we should really grow up and stop these silly childish questions that can't take us anywhere. Why is it that when the same questions are applied to the claims Muhammad made, instead of giving cogent answers, Muslims typically resort of far-fetched theories that circle round the question and never address them?

Be sure that whatever questions you ask about Christianity, it would only be fair to ask yourself the same questions about Islam before you assume the denials that the Quran teaches Muslims by rote.
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by buluti(m): 8:38pm On Apr 17, 2007
oh pilgrim.1 you upset me. This guy doesnt deserve to be answered, the silence treatment is what he deserves, until he shows good faith pls can people ignore him and discuss issues that will edify and cause each other to grow.

Giving him such a response portrays you are attempting to divert issues, he should answer if in his opinion he deserves to be answered, there are other muslims in here that can come and ask but not babs787.
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by pilgrim1(f): 8:41pm On Apr 17, 2007
@buluti,

buluti:

oh pilgrim.1 you upset me. This guy doesnt deserve to be answered, the silence treatment is what he deserves, until he shows good faith please can people ignore him and discuss issues that will edify and cause each other to grow.

I apologise for upsetting you. Sincerely, my hope was that he should see his games are not worth dying for.
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by babs787(m): 10:00am On Apr 23, 2007
@buluti

This will be your 3rd post towards me. Your posts carry the same tone and as such will waste no time in replying you.

In your first post to me, where I learnt that you are a Man U fan, you went biased asking me to be straight forward in my questions pertaining to christtianity. I replied you that you he who that wants to do equity must come with clean hands, that you never said anything to your folks asking me questions.

Your second post was on the Gombe crisis where you said that you christians have been providing enough explanations and that we muslims have never been and that we have been hiding something from you.

Your last post carry the same biased tone which you have been known for (sorry didnt mean to be rude). When Babs asks question(s), then you will tell them to ignore but when your folks ask and babs never responds, then you will have another thing to say. I leave you to judge yourself.
Re: Easter: The Truth And Questions For Christians by babs787(m): 10:34am On Apr 23, 2007
@Pilgrims

You may doubt all you want about the Bible, and I understand that you take that as your default position simply because the Quran denies the truth in the Bible.

What truth are you referring to sister?

(a) Muhammad said that Allah has 99 names (i.e., 100 minus 1). Many Muslims today have so many different lists of 99 names; others have up to 110; yet others claim that there are many more names (revealed and unrevealed). So, who should we to believe - Muhammad; or those who discredit his 99 names claim and make it over 100; or yet the Quran does nowhere makes such a list of names for Allah?

Check my response to your question in the same thread.

(b) I have observed that you often deny Biblical truths simply because of what you have plagiarized from other Islamic websites. For instance, you argue to deny that the crucifixion is not true because none of the disciples of Jesus "witnessed" it. Please, let me ask you: if you believe what many Muslims teach and claim (that someone else was put on the Cross); WHO IS THAT "SOMEONE ELSE"??

I never denied any truth. I have been using your bible for you which in most cases go against your doctrines. Why not read the GoB for a minute and see what we have there.
The GoB was included in the mid 4th century but was expunged later.

If Jesus is the one put on the cross, why did he shout that 'my God, why has thou forsaken me' when he knew that he came to be crucified. Also there was a time when they wanted to kill him and he never walked openly just cos they wanted to do what he came for.

(c) Again, since Muslims seem to have a default position for what the Quran claims about the ascension of Jesus Christ, and because of this they deny His death and crucifixion, let me ask you: HOW DID MUHAMMAD KNOW THAT JESUS WAS TAKEN UP TO HEAVEN WITHOUT BEING CRUCIFIED? Was Muhammad a witness of all the claims he made in the Qur'an??

A very good question. Let me start with verses from the Quran

Quran 17 v 89; And indeed we have fully explained to mankind, in this Quran, every kind of similitude but most mankind refuse (the truth and accept nothing) but disbelief.

Can you beat your chest that the Gospel is the original message given to Jesus? The Last prophet and the Last Book were revealed because the original message is nowhere to be found.

If you have been reading the bible, you would have read that Jesus didnt die, God never allowed him to die. God has been saving his prophets, why would that of Jesus be different?

The jews planned to kill him, he was saved miraculously and that is the more reason he will be coming the second time, to live, die and be buried. Was Jesus the only one that was taken to heaven without tasting death?

I think we should really grow up and stop these silly childish questions that can't take us anywhere. Why is it that when the same questions are applied to the claims Muhammad made, instead of giving cogent answers, Muslims typically resort of far-fetched theories that circle round the question and never address them?

Let me have your questions

Be sure that whatever questions you ask about Christianity, it would only be fair to ask yourself the same questions about Islam before you assume the denials that the Quran teaches Muslims by rote.

Quran never teaches any denials, even disciples' early writing go against crucifixion. If you need them, we go into them.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ - Why Does God Create Disabled People? (exodus 4:11) / From Pro-Choice to Pro-Life . . . in Seconds! / Allah Is Not Great.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.