Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Man United News : The Old Trafford Turf War Continues - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Man United News : The Old Trafford Turf War Continues (302 Views)

"In Loving Memory Of The Palancas" - Dstvnig Continues To Troll Angola / Ajegunle Names Astro Turf Mini Stadium And Park After Odion Ighalo / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man United News : The Old Trafford Turf War Continues by Alexcharlz(m): 6:22am On Sep 07, 2018
Manchester United seem to always have a way to keep you wondering what comes next week after week and despite the international break the red devils seem to never stay down.

Just when we thought everything was returning to normal after the red devils beat Burnley (2-0) comfortably just before the break. Positives from the fixtures got us thinking things were being set straight and yet again there were shots fired and contracts halted.

Anthony Martial Halts contract
Anthony Martial has only a year left in his current contract and has reportedly halted talks with united over a new lucrative deal due to his strained relationship with Jose Mourinho and a lack of playing time.

The French player is one of the darling boys of Ed woodward and is seen as a future focal point at the club. Reports earlier claimed the forward was set to sign a deal with a view he would outstay Jose Mourinho at the club but that may not be the case anymore. The Portuguese coach seem to taking a new approach which has so far been working, he may not be sacked anyway and Martial is scared if he stays then that means less playing time for himself.

Anthony Martial has reportedly taken a step back in terms of signing a new contract until his future on the pitch is sorted out. Mourinho has only used Martial once this season and hauled him off during a 3-2 defeat to Brighton, and his lack of playing time has left him concerned over his future.

Still No attitude adjustment from Paul Pogba as January transfer loams for the French Man
Paul Pogba's strained relationship with manager jose seems to be hitting the strides of recent. The midfielder was wanted by Spanish champions Barcelona and is still been wanted and it seems a deal could happen as early as January.

The midfielder in an interview pledged loyalty to Manchester united but only for the moment. "But who knows what will happen in the next few months" Paul said.
"My future is currently in Manchester, I still have a contract, I’m playing there at the moment, but who knows what will happen in the next few months."
‘One thing I can assure you: I will always give 100 percent, no matter which coach I always give everything for United – I cannot say more."
In recent weeks several Barcelona players in Pique, Luis Suarez and few others have fueled talks about signing the midfielder by saying he is always welcome at the club.

Fans are almost growing tired of the £89m man and it's seems more likely he will be leaving. "Paul Pogba seems not be playing for man united anymore"- Louis Rome Pectov said.

A new candidate emerges for the Manchester united job
Manchester United have kept their fate in jose Mourinho but that doesn't mean they aren't thinking about the future just incase.

According to MetroNews, Manchester united fans have begged under fire Ed woodward to sack Jose Mourinho and hire Ryan Giggs after Wales thrashing of Ireland. Wales’ performance certainly made people sit up and take notice.
And Manchester United fans expressed their desire for Giggs to come back to Old Trafford and replace Jose Mourinho. - Metro sports reporter.

Champions league winner Zinedine Zidane is also said to be a candidate for the position, if and when Jose Mourinho leaves the old Trafford realm, which may of may never happen anything time soon.
What Next ?
Manchester united return from the international break to face third placed Watford who came from a goal down to beat a Tottenham Hotspur side that beat United (3-0) just a week before. Jose Mourinho would be hoping to win as a statement of his intent to stay and succeed at the club.

After Watford, comes United's first champions league fixture against the Young Boys and then Wolverhampton on the 22nd, Derby county (FLC third round) on the 25th and finally Westham on the 29th to conclude their September fixtures.

Source : https://skyxports.com/man-united-news-old-trafford-turf-war-continues/

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Paul Pogba Will Leave Manchester United / Griezmann's Goals Helps France To Sink Germany / EPL: What Mourinho Said About Luke Shaw’s New Manchester United Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.