Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA (1295 Views)

Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State / Abuja Earth Tremors: FEMA Releases Official Press Statement & Safety Tips / Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by akelicious(m): 9:03am On Sep 07, 2018
The Federal Capital Territory Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), has explained the purported earth tremor, which occurred in some parts of the city on Thursday and Friday morning.

The Director General, FEMA, Abbas G. Idriss, in a statement Friday said: “The tremor was caused by sudden breaks along a fault line, resulting in sudden release of energy that makes the ground shake.

“The rock blasting and mining activities in an area could result in the underground rocks to experience stress.”

The FEMA DG urged the public to remain calm and not panic by the development.

FEMA also assured that the likelihood of any earthquake in the country was low as Nigeria is not in an earthquake zone.

The agency also issued safety tips for the public to follow in the event of continued occurrence of tremor.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/why-earth-tremor-occurred-in-abuja-fema.html

1 Like

Re: Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by vanbonattel: 9:04am On Sep 07, 2018
a mischievous friend told me the tremor was as a result of the earth shaking incompetence of the occupants of the nearby aso villa grin

1 Like

Re: Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by Itzsammy(m): 9:05am On Sep 07, 2018
There should be earthquake in Aso rock, mk buhari die
Re: Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by Shola2689(m): 9:06am On Sep 07, 2018
I felt it this morning in bed and I was like what? To my younger brother did you feel this too... We ended up giggling.
Re: Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by neonly: 9:23am On Sep 07, 2018
Itzsammy:
There should be earthquake in Aso rock, mk buhari die

Nawo for u

Re: Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by clumsydyna: 9:50am On Sep 07, 2018
Shola2689:
I felt it this morning in bed and I was like what? To my younger brother did you feel this too... We ended up giggling.
undecided You were giggling, lucky you. Na so earthquake dey start o my dear. Thank God say this earth wey I dey no try to do any tremor otherwise I for don relocate asap with my cattle.

1 Like

Re: Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA by fajbam216: 12:38am On Sep 08, 2018
The tremor occurring in Nigeria is traced to IZF.... . Ife zingers fault line.. .. Though Nigeria in a stable cratonic suites put chances of earthquake in Nigeria at 10%but monitoring is needed on d IZF to make accurate prediction of impending dangers.. .. Shout out to all Geologist in the house.... ..

(1) (Reply)

Send Unlimited Free Sms On Mjoy.com Using Pc (laptop Or Desktop) / What Is The Price Of Quartz Sand Crushing Plant? / The Venus Project-beyond Politics And War

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.