Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,596 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan Bans Super Eagles From All Competitions - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan Bans Super Eagles From All Competitions (1029 Views)

Poll: Do you support the two years withrawal of all Nigeria Football Teams from all FIFA competitions by the President?

Yes, Very Well.: 0% (0 votes)
Yes, but with some reservations: 100% (1 vote)
Not at all: 0% (0 votes)
Undecided: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

This Is How The Next Super Eagles Team Should Be / Re: Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years / Jonathan Bans Nigeria From International Football For Two Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan Bans Super Eagles From All Competitions by James2a2: 1:19pm On Jul 01, 2010

Nigeria president Goodluck Jonathan has withdrawn the Super Eagles from international competition until 2012 following their disappointing performance at World Cup 2010.

The Super Eagles finished bottom of Group B at the tournament after drawing with South Korea and losing to Argentina and Greece. Lars Lagerback's side had been expected to fight to make the second round, but they fell far short of that target.

Speaking to reporters, Ima Niboro - a special adviser to the country's leader - confirmed the two-year withdrawal which would allow a restructuring of the national set-up.

"Mr President has directed that Nigeria will withdraw from all international football competition for the next two years to enable Nigeria to reorganise its football," Niboro said.

"This directive became necessary following Nigeria's poor performance in the ongoing FIFA World Cup."

FIFA said in a statement: "We have no official information on this matter. However, in general, FIFA's position regarding political interference in football is well known."

The ban will prevent Nigeria from partaking in qualification for the 2012 Africa Cup of Nations, which will be co-hosted by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea. What is you stand and please abuse no other posters. God bless.
See:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/world-cup-2010/2010/06/30/2003102/nigeria-president-goodluck-jonathan-bans-super-eagles-from

My Stand:
I'm amazed by the turn of things. Theoritically speaking, the President's move is in order but practically, what happens to other age grade competitions(age cheats or not)? Are the falconet also doing badly, the eaglets, the olympic team, flying eagles, the local league club's representation in continetal football and the league itself? When we put new people eventually, are we going to win the world cup? Will Jonathan still be the President till the purported 2 years? Finally, If a man has 5 children and the most senior or most loved is always failing in an exam of a particular school, do you withdraw other children from that school? Now people (more than 80%) are celebrating. Remember this same people asked for foreign coach through radio phone-in shows such as Brila fm and on many other shows, some people clamoured for that, now the same people are crying foul. My conclusion is that we must not throw out the bad child (Super Eagles) with the 'bad' water (NFF + this set of Super Eagles). By the time we are ready to go back, the likes of our present crops of upcoming stars in the Eaglet would have become 'tired legs'. Let's use EFCC and ICPC to force their resignation instead of this 'ban ban ban scenario'. I'm laughing in my mother tongue. God bless Nigeria! [color=#006600][/color]

Re: Nigeria President Goodluck Jonathan Bans Super Eagles From All Competitions by Rhydem: 1:57pm On Jul 01, 2010
James2a2:

My Stand:
I'm amazed by the turn of things. Theoritically speaking, the President's move is in order but practically, what happens to other age grade competitions(age cheats or not)? Are the falconet also doing badly, the eaglets, the olympic team, flying eagles, the local league club's representation in continetal football and the league itself? When we put new people eventually, are we going to win the world cup? Will Jonathan still be the President till the purported 2 years? Finally, If a man has 5 children and the most senior or most loved is always failing in an exam of a particular school, do you withdraw other children from that school? Now people (more than 80%) are celebrating. Remember this same people asked for foreign coach through radio phone-in shows such as Brila fm and on many other shows, some people clamoured for that, now the same people are crying foul. My conclusion is that we must not throw out the bad child (Super Eagles) with the 'bad' water (NFF + this set of Super Eagles). By the time we are ready to go back, the likes of our present crops of upcoming stars in the Eaglet would have become 'tired legs'. Let's use EFCC and ICPC to force their resignation instead of this 'ban ban ban scenario'. I'm laughing in my mother tongue. God bless Nigeria!

People were asking for Siasia. The NFF were adamant on getting a foreign coach.

(1) (Reply)

Yakabu Is Not Alone. What A Miss / Which Premiership Player Has Impressed You The Most This Seasson? / Robert Nkemdiche-top-football-recruit-sparks-a-debate-with-a-request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.