Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Planning On Hacking My School Wifi - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Planning On Hacking My School Wifi (215 Views)

We Are Planning On Making A Website Like Racksterli / Want To Learn All About Hacking, Loading And Carding? / For Those That Want To Learn Hacking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Planning On Hacking My School Wifi by Premiumwriter: 10:28am On Sep 07, 2018
First of all, this will be a totally harmless thing - maybe a bit harmful but won't raise any eyebrows.

Here is the thing: my school has good internet connections but students are only allowed 2 hours on the network.

Though most times the 2 hours is usually enough for me, since I don't usually spend much time on the Internet except for a few minutes checking messages.

So hacking this will be just for the fun of it.

How the wifi works: the wifi is open to everyone. Once you connect to the network, you're automatically redirected to a captive portal (login page) where you will need to input your password and username (usually obtained from the ict unit).

I actually plan on setting a dummy login page that will look just like the school captive portal and then create and name my mobile Hotspot with exactly the school's name.

This way students and staffs alike will think the Hotspot is actually the school's and then connect to it.

Once connected, they will be redirected to the dummy captive portal I have created and be prompted to enter their login details.

I'll set the php scripts for the info to be well captured and this way gain unlimited internet connection.

This is just for the fun of it. Nothing more.

Anyways I'm having a little difficulty, like I'm finding it difficult on how to redirect the connection once people connect to my mobile Hotspot. I actually found an app that could do this i.e host a website on my phone but it requires root which I don't want.

Anyways, does anybody in the house know of a way I can overcome this? Maybe host a website on my computer and connect with my phone Hotspot or even create a Hotspot on my computer and then host a web site on it?

I've actually written the code for the web site including the php and the design, just the above. Will be glad of somebody can help.

(1) (Reply)

Worldwide Drop Service / Check This One / .....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.