Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,013 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? (47075 Views)

The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The North East Nigeria / Best And Worst Performing Governors In North Central Nigeria / The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-West? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by redflame: 1:55pm On Sep 08, 2018
B2marlo:

redflame oya oo

ANAMBRA STATE SHOULD BE NUKED INTO THE PIT

Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by murphyibiam15(m): 2:37pm On Sep 08, 2018
SwedishDocument:

You don dey find trouble. Greet your wife for me and remain loyal.
lol..OK bros.. grin
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by Mbediogu(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2018
LIFEisSIMPLE:

Which is why i say that Ikpeazu has not earned an E for his effort. I have gone round the five eastern states, and Abia state is currently the worst. Not comparable to Enugu, Anambra, Imo and the last 3 years has seen Ebonyi state overtake God's own state. This rubbish will not continue. We cannot continue insulting God in the name of playing politics. This rubbish must stop

Rocha's has just earned a Z- grade in governance. Before now he was nowhere on the chart. If he works hard he may ascend to Y or X who know? but I doubt that he will reach F or E like the 'great Ikpeazu' of Abia. When you cut salaries and pensions to build substandard death trap roads, then you are the real Antichrist!
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by Mbediogu(m): 3:50pm On Sep 08, 2018
Zendinho:
Best performing Governor... DAVE UMAHI.

Worst performing Governor
Ladies and gentleman can we give it up to....Dr IKPEAZU of Abia state, that dude deserve a statue.

I have heard a lot about Umahi and Ebonyi. One of these days I have to arrange for a weekend there and visit my primary school Presbyterian school Kpirikpiri,and the house we lived in at Ezza Road GRA. I doubt if I will still be able to identify after so many years and the Umahi magic! Let's reserve for greater things at the Federal level. God punish Ikpeazu and Rocha's!

1 Like

Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by Zendinho(m): 4:26pm On Sep 08, 2018
[quote author=Mbediogu post=71019110]

I have heard a lot about Umahi and Ebonyi. One of these days I have to arrange for a weekend there and visit my primary school Presbyterian school Kpirikpiri,and the house we lived in at Ezza Road GRA. I doubt if I will still be able to identify after so many years and the Umahi magic! Let's reserve for greater things at the Federal level. God punish Ikpeazu and Rocha's!

Bros see as u do me .... i have been nursing the feeling of visiting my girlfriend in the state .I served in Afikpo and the girl is now in third yr. Luckily we hv been keeping in touch for the past three yrs though its not easy......Now i don rekindle the Fire wella....
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by Igboeze90: 4:32pm On Sep 08, 2018
redflame:

Who is "everyone"? You and your moronic likes? Mtcheeew....nairaland are so full of mediocres.

I would have completely ignored, but your treachery can only be matched with your wickedness and willingness to misinform.

Was Azikiwe Road constructed by Ikpeazu? Bro, please project what Ikpeazu has done, which is rebuild only Brass to Faulks road.

I spent over 25 years of my life in Aba, and I do know that Azikiwe and Okigwe road were constructed by Dee Mbakwe.

Please present only the facts. Only the facts, please!!! I am enjoying this thread. Truth burns.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by FrankFrenzy(m): 6:16pm On Sep 08, 2018
Leopantro:

let's go through each item on your list one at a time.

1. Dualization and expansion of several Owerri township roads
Granted he opened new roads but calling them roads is an insult to the definition to the word "Road". within 6 months of finishing a road port holes appear and expand. the roads are so terrible that you are justified to drive one way in owerri on most of them. some of those expansion projects are so shabby that they are guaranteed not to last one year unlike when Julius Berger project that last 5 years or more. besides, the roads are done without consideration of drainage thus breakdown of the roads are inevitable. Indirectly, this increases transportation and logistics cost. for example, before the road construction project started i could drive from Assumpta church to Fire service in 10 mins. now i spend 45 to one hour for the same distance.

2.Dualization of Orlu - Ideato express way
kindly refer to explanation in point one

3. Dualization of Orlu township roads (several adjoining dual carriageways within Orlu metropolis)
Ditto

4. Standard general hospitals in each of the 27 LGAs (almost all of them completed)
i have visited the said structures in Isu, Nwangele, Orlu and for other places. what i saw are dilapidated buildings with overgrown grasses and no activity in them. the buildings are empty husks, a white elephant project that has been abandoned. of the 27 of such structures only 3 are working. the one at okigwe, the one at ikeduru and the one along the Aba road. i have visited all three and seen for myself that they are working. At the structure at Isu, i was chased by a snake.

5. Heroes square
to be fair he built a wonderful structure at Hero's square. but lately i dont understand what is going on there. i passed there this morning and he is expanding it, involving the road going to concord hotel and into the park in front of the hotel. i don't believe the man utilizes the master plan for owerri. he just wakes up and decides this he what he wants. as typical as his projects, the work is already shabby.

6. Concord tunnel & Another tunnel along PH road
permit me, i combined the two projects together
you are joking right?
the two tunnels are so dark that even at noon you develop a primordial fear driving into it. while in the tunnel the structural integrity is so poor you realize you have not written your will when you are in the middle. the road above both tunnels, leading to and away from the tunnels are so bad that regarding the second tunnel close to First bank, you cant drive into the tunnel except your shock absorbers are brand new. there are online pitures of a jeep that was submerged into water while driving through the tunnel during a storm.

7. Completion of 2 flyovers linking Orlu road with Okigwe road (met the project at a level less than 15%)
the flyovers ( and i use the word loosely) are shabbily completed but the roads are not. kindly view the picture below of the road to the flyover at the Orlu road and the road After the Okigwe road. while on the subject of Flyovers (again loosely used) compare the picture of the said bridge to that at Awka and consider the duration to completion of both projects

8. Completed the renovation/expansion of Orlu Road from Warehouse.
i regret i did not take pictures of the flood and port holes on that road yesterday while it was raining.this was a road completed about 7 months ago and already the port holes have taken over by force. the road demarcators are so shabbily done that a well aimed kick from a sick child can break it. some are already broken by the wind.

9 Rebranded former Modotel to a five star magnicent Rockview hotel giving the Douglas a befitting look.
firstly, the hotel is at the beginning of wetheal and Bank road, not Douglas. Secondly, are you sure you know who owns the hotel?
are you also aware of the story behind that hotel? why didn't you mention the library, sorry the boutique, sorry the abandoned shabby building in front of the road to the government house?

10. So many other structures like the Ikemba square, Ochiedike diagnosis centre, the ICC, the ecumenical center, Trade and investment center etc.
Eastern Palm University Ogboko
if i start the story of each and everyone of the structures you mentioned here night will come day will break and the story will not have finished.

11. Several modern markets (Mgbidi, Umuaka, Anara, Akokwa ) etc
its exactly one year that those markets were torn down and yet neither have they been completed or have been utilized by the people he said he tore it down for. we are not talking about the market at Naze. if you doubt me, ask anyone back in the state to send you pictures of the markets you mentioned. the completed structure and people utilizing them.

by the way, these are basic infrastructures you expect the government to do for the people of the state. if these have an issue then what about the extra services ?

Wow. That's an amazing analysis from you. Like I said earlier in my post, I don't reside in Owerri or in any other part of the state, but I'm an Imolite. Again I'm also happy that your comment gave credence to the fact that the projects I listed are on ground and not just on paper, even though the quality as you rightly pointed out is in doubt.
The Douglas I meant in point number 9 is actually Douglas house. The seat of power of the state Government, not the popular Douglas road.
I also got a little more comfort believing all you said when I saw you listing the General hospitals in Ikeduru and Aba road. Could be true because I actually saw those two working and on that note I assumed the rest are on same pedestal.
All the same, points well noted!
Great work you have done there.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by JAMESOJAY: 8:18am On Sep 09, 2018
zillazilla:

Haterz!!! Okezie Ikpeazu is going for 2ndterm weda u like it or not.

You see how stupid and foolish you are..tomorrow you open your dirty mouth saying that the hausa and the Yourbas hate ibos but look what your useless governor is doing

Abia state is the third dirtiest State in Nigeria and you have mouth to talk, abia state is owing 10 months salary..if your father and mother or any related to is been owed 10 months salary how will you feel?

Open your eyes and stop being stupid and dump

1 Like

Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by superlightning: 8:28am On Sep 09, 2018
JAMESOJAY:

You see how stupid and foolish you are..tomorrow you open your dirty mouth saying that the hausa and the Yourbas hate ibos but look what your useless governor is doing

Abia state is the third dirtiest State in Nigeria and you have mouth to talk, abia state is owing 10 months salary..if your father and mother or any related to is been owed 10 months salary how will you feel?

Open your eyes and stop being stupid and dump

You have not made any sense by cursing someone who doesn't share your views.

Secondly, you cannot say abia is the 3rd dirtiest city because you did no highlight the parameter used in coming to such conclusion

Thirdly, insulting abia state won't do you any good. It even won't change the govt in Abia. So I advice the you be more constructive in your criticism.

For me, ikpeazu needs to do more before he can get a satisfactory mark from me, that is not to say he has not been addressing some infrastructural deficits.

My 2 cents.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by JAMESOJAY: 9:01am On Sep 09, 2018
I don't share you views cause it's useles..reasons is that abia state is messed up and you know the truth but you are taking sides cause you are ngwa.

Google is your friend use it and check your so called abia state position in the list of dirtest state in Nigeria..only stupid people argue without facts

Any man that support evil is stupid and foolish

1 Like

Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by superlightning: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2018
JAMESOJAY:
I don't share you views cause it's useles..reasons is that abia state is messed up and you know the truth but you are taking sides cause you are ngwa.

Google is your friend use it and check your so called abia state position in the list of dirtest state in Nigeria..only stupid people argue without facts

Any man that support evil is stupid and foolish

Be careful you might have a heart attack.

I'm still searching for the tabloid that positioned Aba as the dirtiest state in Nigeria.

As for ANAMBRA , I know tabloids that reported that they have the most polluted air on earth. I hope your governor does something about it.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by SwedishDocument: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2018
The guy is not even Anambra. Everyone knows that Abia is the filthiest state in Nigeria. Everyone knows that Abia state has the worst roads in Nigeria. You cannot defend abia state because it is dead. Lol

superlightning:

Be careful you might have a heart attack.

I'm still searching for the tabloid that positioned Aba as the dirtiest state in Nigeria.

As for ANAMBRA , I know tabloids that reported that they have the most polluted air on earth. I hope your governor does something about it.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by SwedishDocument: 10:15am On Sep 09, 2018
Superlightning will say you are from Anambra. Lol

Everyone saying one thing.

LIFEisSIMPLE:

Which is why i say that Ikpeazu has not earned an E for his effort. I have gone round the five eastern states, and Abia state is currently the worst. Not comparable to Enugu, Anambra, Imo and the last 3 years has seen Ebonyi state overtake God's own state. This rubbish will not continue. We cannot continue insulting God in the name of playing politics. This rubbish must stop
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by SwedishDocument: 10:17am On Sep 09, 2018
See another guy from your state saying it as it is. Lol

MaziEDOZIE:
For me,the best performing Governor from South East is Engr.Dave Umahi of Ebonyi State(regarding to how little their resources are,yet he managed to be making things happen there) while the worst is Okezie Ikpeazu of my own Abia state,that man needs to be shown the way out and also be jailed lifetime... Abians have suffered a lot.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by SwedishDocument: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
Lol..he is here already viewing. cheesy

Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by JAMESOJAY: 7:10am On Sep 10, 2018
I don't think you understand English in the afternoon lol

I said that abia state is the third dirtiest State in Nigeria..you are not an honest man cause people like you are the reason why abia state will never be good.

I don't know what you do with your phone cause am surprise that a grow man like you can't use Google..its a big shame

This is the Web site you can check for yourself

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/dirtiest-states-nigeria/
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by superlightning: 7:26am On Sep 10, 2018
JAMESOJAY:
I don't think you understand English in the afternoon lol

I said that abia state is the third dirtiest State in Nigeria..you are not an honest man cause people like you are the reason why abia state will never be good.

I don't know what you do with your phone cause am surprise that a grow man like you can't use Google..its a big shame

This is the Web site you can check for yourself

https://www.nigerianinfopedia.com/dirtiest-states-nigeria/

Pls cure your blood pressure before you blank out.

What parameters were used in adjudging the abia is 3rd dirtiest? You are still bluffing until you are able to reel out the parameters, then we can start comparing.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by JAMESOJAY: 7:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Top 10 Dirtiest States In Nigeria 2018

There are states in Nigeria that are very dirty. Even if some of these states set Thursdays and the last Saturday of the month as environmental sanitation’s day, the demon of uncleanliness still lurks around these states.

Lagos: Dirtiest City in Nigeria 2018
In a bid to sensitize inhabitants and citizens in a country on the need to keep the environment clean by getting rid of dirts and trash, the UN set up the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and also proscribed the 5th of June every year as World’s Environment Day.

Most inhabitants don’t even know the implications of what a dirty, polluted and unclean environment does the health, the various diseases like Malaria, Typhoid and other unknown health hazards known to man it can cause, plus environmental disasters such as erosion and blockage of drainage systems.

Although, the efforts of the government of the guilty states by providing wastebins, dustbins and baskets all over the areas of the state have not yeilded positive results as heaps of waste are still seen littering and beautifying the various streets.

Without further ado, below are the dirtiest states in the country with a record of always being unclean this 2018:

(1)Lagos state
Lagos has been dubbed the dirtiest place in Nigeria this year. Aside from the fact that Lagos state is the most populated state in the country and one of the most developed, it has failed to lead in that regard.

A drive or walk around the many areas within Nigeria’s commercial hub shows that heaps of waste are dropped on road sides, even passersby and car owners/ occpants throw things on the roadside which sometimes goes beond the control of waste management official.

(2)Anambra state
Anambra is another dirty state in Nigeria that really need to be kept clean. A visit to one of the main city in Anambra state, Onitsha will shock you as you would be greeted with lumps of waste on the road sides and various streets in the town.

The inhabitants of Mkpor & Nnewi another town in the state are known for throwing dirts at the popular park in the area thereby causing pollution which has health effects on passersby.

The government is yet to act on this as the agency in charge of seeing to the prosecution of offenders are not functional in the state.

(3)Abia state
During the time of the past governor of Abia state, Theodore Orji, Aba became the dirtiest city in Nigeria and even found a place among the list of worst places to live in the world.

Even though it is a popular city in the country where virtually local goods are produced, Abia indigenes still suffers from uncleanliness.

To add to their woes, cases of erosion, flooding and other hazards are known to occur in the state which has led to the loss of properties worth millions of Naira.

ALSO READ  Biography of Lt. Col. Buka Suka Dimka
Kaduna State
Kaduna state might boast of its economic strong base in the north, but that does not exempt her from being one of the cities in the country that is extremely dirty.

One thing that most of the government of these states do is that they focus on keeping the capital cities clean and neglect the remaining towns.

Ogun state
You might be wondering why Ogun state is on this list of unclean states in the country, but this state is lacking a proper waste management system which makes it hard for indigenes to dispose of their dirts and refuse.

Kano state
Another dirty city in NIgeria is Kano state. Even though Kano is one of the richest northern states in the country with a large population, the environment is nothing to write home about.

When you pay a visit to some parts of the state, you will see why it is among the dirtiest states in Nigeria today.

Oyo state
This state has some polluted areas that is an eye saw and a major risk to the health. Just like Ogun state, some areas have really poor waste management systems.

Ekiti state
Ekiti state was ranked among the dirtiest cities in Africa in 2017. It will shock you to know that Ekiti is blessed with the highest number of persons who openly defecate as you would find heaps of waste along the New Ilawe Road, Bank road, Oja Oba and other rural locations in the state.

Ekiti state was added to the list after a recent survey conducted by the Community-led Total Sanitation (CLTS).

Benue
Even if Benue is home to one of popular rivers in the country, its inhabitants still suffer from water borne diseases due to polluted water from dirts and feaces thrown into the river.

Benue state is one of the states with the poorest environmental condition in the country. If you stay in Wurukum or you are a resident of Wadata, you will agree that people dump waste in drainages, roads and even uncompleted buildings.
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by spencekat(m): 9:49pm On Dec 23, 2019
AkpaMgbor:

Where in abịa state?
Bende LGA
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by B2mario(m): 8:54am On Dec 24, 2019
redflame:

this is not me. Take note
Re: The Best And Worst Performing Governors In The South-East? by Dollarzaram(m): 2:36pm On Oct 11, 2020
clarocuzioo:
I think Governor Dave Umuahi is the best performing governor considering the meagre resources of that state, and the worst performing is Okezie Ikpeazu. I don't like Rochas as a governor but he has a way of doing Abracadabra in governance. He has done better than Okezie Ikpeazu. Anambra is a very Rich state.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Reno Omokri Reacts To Allegations Of Igbos Being Left Behind In Sudan / Policewoman Stripped Unclad In Onitsha By Ngozi Okpagu And His Boys / The REAL Reason Ifeanyi Uba Released Withheld Fuel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.