Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached (445 Views)

It’s The Turn Of North-central To Produce President — Saraki / Why I Want To Be President – Saraki [FULL TEXT] / Senate President Saraki, Arrives Russia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached by Jadsy01(f): 3:24pm On Sep 07, 2018
In a meeting held on the 14th of August, 2018 at Abuja, the National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, addressed politicians loyal to the party. He told them APC under his leadership would reward loyalty noting that the party’s reward system would be one that would ensure that those who stood with the party in trying times did not regret it. The meeting was attended by senators and members of House of Representatives of Nigeria.

While stating his earlier call for the impeachment of Bukola Saraki as Senate President, Oshiomhole told the legislators that it does not conform to the norm to allow an individual who was a member of a minority party to preside over members of the party in the majority.

He said, “Democracy teaches us that the minority have the right to have their say but the majority must have their way"

“So, if we have 56 senators and they have 49 senators, I insist that 49 senators cannot preside over the affairs of a house in which the APC has 56 senators. And I ask them to tell us anywhere in the world where the minority rules over the majority.“Often times, we take flights to Washington and other places to understudy the American presidential system of government".“Once you lose the majority, without further ado, you step down. Let me restate that we cannot be subjected to minority rule in the Nigerian Senate and, therefore, whether it is convenient for Distinguished Senator Saraki or not, the truth is whether by morality or by law or by convention, Senator Saraki can only avoid impeachment by toeing the path of honour, step down so that the APC can take over the leadership of the House".

“I want to repeat, Sen. Saraki as President of the Senate will be lawfully and democratically impeached. It will not be illegally done. It will be done according to law and tradition.”
https://olatorera.com/politics-in-nigeria-adams-oshiomhole-calls-for-senate-president-saraki-to-step-down-or-be-impeached/
Re: Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached by dukie25: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Go and impeach him na.
Re: Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached by clarocuzioo(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2018
Why is this man ranting up and down, he should just initiate the impeachment process through his members in the senate and stop all these unnecessary rantings.
Re: Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached by StillX10(m): 3:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
Oshiolole can run mouth sha
Re: Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 07, 2018
Buhari who has contravene the law many times should resign first.
Re: Adams Oshiomhole Calls For Senate President Saraki To Step Down Or Be Impeached by RevenGeMission: 3:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
I don't trust this source

(1) (Reply)

2019: Buhari’s Failures Won’t Stop Him Emerging President, Says Shehu Sani / Ben Bruce 11billion Unpaid Debt And Trader Moni / Artist Paints Gov. El-rufai In Two Minutes, Sells It For N2m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.