Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,267 members, 7,818,924 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:13 AM

Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. (8441 Views)

Nigeria Airways Plane Being Prepared For Take-Off In Ikeja, Lagos In 1969 (Pic) / So There Are Nigerians That Fly From Lagos To London Then To Abuja Than Direct? / Qatar Airways Crashlands At MMIA IN Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by obamma: 4:36pm On Jul 01, 2010
SAY NO TO QATAR AIRWAYS. No to inhumane treatment Qatar show to only Nigerians. While on 17hrs transit in Qatar, Qatar refused Nigerians the hotel accommodation they were entitled to & allowed others from other nations. For the 17 hrs day and night , Nigerians were under intense cold inside the small airport,both young & old shivering while other nationals were fast asleep in the comfort of their hotel rooms. Is either Qatar reverse this policy or they will leave Nigeria. They don't want us , we don't want them either. Enough is enough.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by obamma: 5:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
Also, not to mention the onboard experience, it's something i will never want to experience again. Some meals will be given to some, when it gets to us they say its finished and they will be forcing us to take a vegetarian's food, meanwhile i am not a vegetarian. Emirate is far far better that Qatar, and qatar claims 5 star airline. i wonder what emirate will be, 7 star i guess.
Qatar airways? very wicked, fly at ur own risk.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by Spyker: 5:46pm On Jul 01, 2010
Poster, thank you. To be forewarned is to be forearmed. I will avoid Qatar like a plaque.

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by OmoAlata(f): 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2010
Let's not be hasty. Have you got anything to back up your claims? I'm not saying it can't be true but have you got a link? Thanks.
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by vanitty: 6:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
Link to personal experience

1 Like

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by obamma: 6:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
@Omo Alata:

This was  what  i experienced while i was coming back to Nigeria from india via Doha. i had 2 hrs delay in India, so on getting to qatar for transit, it was announced that the plane has left. so we met the ground crew of qatar, they said nigerians this way, other the other  way. they collected our passport.Then,  told others to go and join the bus to hotel and said to nigerian, that we are not allowed into their country.my head wan explode that day.

Pls there is no link, i am the link.
if u doubt it, try qatar and make sure u have miss ur connecting flight in doha , also with nigeria passport, then come and tell us ur story.
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by OmoAlata(f): 6:58pm On Jul 01, 2010
obamma:

@Omo Alata:

This was  what  i experienced while i was coming back to Nigeria from india via Doha. i had 2 hrs delay in India, so on getting to qatar for transit, it was announced that the plane has left. so we met the ground crew of qatar, they said nigerians this way, other the other  way. they collected our passport.Then,  told others to go and join the bus to hotel and said to nigerian, that we are not allowed into their country.my head wan explode that day.

if u doubt it, try qatar and make sure u have miss your connecting flight in doha , also with nigeria passport, then come and tell us your story.

That's awful angry Thank God I don't hold a Nigerian passport wink
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by coolier(f): 2:39am On Jul 02, 2010
obamma:

Is either Qatar reverse this policy or they will leave Nigeria.

Are you by any chance the Chairman, House Committee on Aviation or the Minister of Aviation himself? grin On a serious note, have you considered writing a letter of protest/complaint and sending it by registered mail to their head office in Doha and Nigeria, at the same time send a mail to their email, leave a comment/feedback on their website, in one word use all available means to bombard them with complaints on the day in question and ask for compensation. Nobody complains, they just take insults and inhuman treatment hook line and sinker assuming it's the norm and that is why these airlines would get away with even 'murder'.

1 Like

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by oyewolejos(m): 4:47am On Jul 02, 2010
obamma:

@Omo Alata:

This was what i experienced while i was coming back to Nigeria from india via Doha. i had 2 hrs delay in India, so on getting to qatar for transit, it was announced that the plane has left. so we met the ground crew of qatar, they said nigerians this way, other the other way. they collected our passport.Then, told others to go and join the bus to hotel and said to nigerian, that we are not allowed into their country.my head wan explode that day.

if u doubt it, try qatar and make sure u have miss your connecting flight in doha , also with nigeria passport, then come and tell us your story.
End of story.
Since u missed your connecting flight then u must have a transit Visa to enter Qatar as a Nigerian Passport Holder.This regulations has nothing to do with the airline but the Country immigration laws which require a Nigerian to have a visa to enter their country.
The blame should be on the Nigerian leaders who has made the nigerian passport worthless through their actions.
By the way Qatar Airways is one of the best if not the best Asian Airline.Had a 8 hour stop over in Doha on my way to New York in January and it was smooth.I had a very nice flight with them so this your story is somehow new to me cos they are one of the reputed airline

5 Likes

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by moonraker(m): 7:10am On Jul 02, 2010
Hmm, i think that i can relate to the posters grief,

Same incident happened to me back in march. i flew

qatar airways from osaka to doha and to lagos,

the flight from osaka to doha was delayed for 3hrs

becos the plane that was to take us frm osaka was coming

from korea and its was snowy on that day in korea,

qatar airways gave everyone drinks including myself with a smile,

i thought that was the end of the issue,

little did i knw that when i arrived in doha, i missed the connection

to lagos by 15mins becos they was a hugh queue at the customs area for transit passengers,

after alot of screaming from i and 6 other nigerians, our passport were taken and we were

booked on the next emirates flight out of doha were we would then catch the flight from dubai

to lagos, its was stressful but compare to the posters demise, i think qatar airways handled

the situation in an OK manner, sadly, i did like to flight emirates but for the cost and for nw,

qatar would be my preferred airline, i just have to pray when using this airline next time,
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by obamma: 9:59am On Jul 02, 2010
@coolier: I know am not the chairman of anything but i am going to fight them by fire by force. I will deploy all necessary measures to achieve my aim. This is just the beginning. Also thanks for ur advice, i use protest letters as u suggested.They think they can treat us anyhow and get away with it.never

@oyewolejos: I know transit visa is required to enter qatar, which they denied us and gave to others. I have had similar experience with emirates, but emirates provided hotel and transit visa was given to me and i had a good rest b4 proceeding with my journey.
I know is country law and not airline, my point is here qatar is the country, qatar is the airline, qatar has office in Lagos where qatarians are working, they are inside our land, now they wont allow us into theirs. who are they? are the world super power or what? Thats my fight is against qatar airline, they can send message to their country , i dont care.

@moonrake: continue to fly at your own risk with qatar airways, me i will never again, over my dead body.
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 02, 2010
^^^^^if people from other nations have a better policy to get visas issued at that airport therefore they will have more chances than you. nothing to do with being Nigerian but all to do with rules and regualtions.
same shiiiiit happened to me once in Moscow Airport, no big deal! just accepted the situation, found me a bench and slept at the airport!

also if there was 300passengers but only 100 rooms available then the ones without transit visas would have been the loosing ones!
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by otawa: 2:25pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^^^^if people from other nations have a better policy to get visas issued at that airport therefore they will have more chances than you. nothing to do with being Nigerian but all to do with rules and regualtions.
same shiiiiit happened to me once in Moscow Airport, no big deal! just accepted the situation, found me a bench and slept at the airport!

also if there was 300passengers but only 100 rooms available then the ones without transit visas would have been the loosing ones!

shocking.

Having no VISA is no excuse for them not to provide their customer comfortable lodging.

2 Likes

Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^^^^they do have to provide food and lodging if the delay is over a certain period but the COUNTRY and the AIRLINE are two different entities.
if the IMMIGRATION do not want to give you a transit visa then there is not much THE AIRLINE can do (unless its a transit hotel within the airport)
therefore, what they are OBLIGATED to give you is food and drinks!
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by AjanleKoko: 7:03am On Jul 03, 2010
^,
Same thing happened to me/almost happened at CDG PAris.
En route from Spain I missed my flight to Lagos at CDG. Unfortunately, I was already stamped out of the Schengen territory.
It can happen anywhere, so long as you can't legally enter the country, nothing much the airline can do.
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by tunnytox(m): 2:14pm On Jul 03, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

^^^^^they do have to provide food and lodging if the delay is over a certain period but the COUNTRY and the AIRLINE are two different entities.
if the IMMIGRATION do not want to give you a transit visa then there is not much THE AIRLINE can do (unless its a transit hotel within the airport)
therefore, what they are OBLIGATED to give you is food and drinks!

MRbrownJAY is right I don't know why Qatar authorities seems not to like anything Nigerian but my advice is if you do not have a transit visa or can't obtain one abstain from travelling with Qatar airlines, this is one advantage of having dual citizenship if possible
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Same thing happened to me/almost happened at CDG PAris.
En route from Spain I missed my flight to Lagos at CDG. Unfortunately, I was already stamped out of the Schengen territory.It can happen anywhere, so long as you can't legally enter the country, nothing much the airline can do.

depending on which terminal you were at, CDG has a hotel within transit (and even rooms with showers underground) so does Moscow airport.

same thing also happened to me in Moscow: flight delayed, next flight is over 15hrs later. couple of hundred people stranded at the airport in transit. no way to get a transit visa. transit hotel had 100 rooms available so they took us all in one room and the gals at the desk started auctioning the rooms to the highest bidders. lets just say that when prices reached insane fee (normal price of the rooms was 100$), i went to look for an airport bench!
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by dustydee: 2:24pm On Jul 05, 2010
WOW!Nigerians must rise up against this injustice, it could happen to anybody and the earlier we stand against this the better for us and our children.
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by Nobody: 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2016
How silly! What exactly do u mean? Y are u on a Nigerian thread? www.sillyass.com*
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by Udiboy(f): 7:37pm On Jul 25, 2016
Y' all should stop to discredit the poster.Including the woman requesting for a link to personal experience LMAO.
My parents flew Qatar from Lag to Wasingtin DC 3 weeks ago. They were supposed to be lodged at a hotel for the 9 hour layover.
Qatar even sent me an email saying they have a hotel reservation.
Only for me to ask them how was the hotel and they were like hotel ke? That they said no hotel was reserved all of them just kept quite including the young people and very educated ones.That no body was sent to a hotel .that they all sat at the airport until day break to catch their connecting flight to DC.

I was really upset. They were shivering until morning cos the airport at Doha was very chilled and it was night.

The earlier you all know that the way these airlines treat Nigerians is different from the way they treat other nationals the better for us.
They can't try with Onyibo not even Fake Onyibo like Morocco or Egypt customers.

It's very bad.
Trust me, I have a lot of Africans that will rather fly South African airline or Ethiopian airways than fly United, delta, Qatar and co.

I am never patronizing Qatar again.
Re: Qatar Airways?very Wicked , Fly At Your Own Risk. by claremont(m): 9:10am On Jul 26, 2016
This has nothing to do with discrimination in my opinion. It's clearly stated on the Qatar Airways website that free hotel accommodation is provided based on their DISCRETION, and they have chosen not to provide this to Nigerian passport holders in line with their discretion. Any traveller who doesn't like the policy should use another Airline. I was a victim of the policy a few years back and I had to sleep in the freezing cold Airport, I never flew with Qatar Airlines again afterwards.

People use Qatar Airlines because it always tops the comparison charts for cost, but that's were it ends. It's a shee-it Airline in my opinion. Spend a little more and go for KLM.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How to book cheap flight / Cool Sign I Ran Into In Italy / Nigerians Living In Austria,how Is Life Over There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.