Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,142 members, 7,821,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:07 PM

Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography (50692 Views)

Moment Sergio Aguero Gifted His N29m Range Rover EVQ To Man City's Kitman (Vid) / Game-over For Anthony Joshua, See Why He Can't Escape Defeat From Tyson Fury / Anthony Joshua's Range Rover Stolen (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by TechCapon(m): 5:59am On Sep 08, 2018
TechCapon

If you’ve seen the movie “Gone in 60 seconds by Nicholas Cage and Angelina Jolie” and you think they are the smartest car thieves, you’re wrong. Smarter car thieves now exists. Police in the UK raised alarm over a new mystery device being used to steal expensive cars. They call it a “RELAY ATTACK”. This automatically means the thieves have upgraded their game big time and the funny thing is they don’t even need your car keys anymore and the device being used is worth just $20 (N8000) ! The high tech device is called “RELAY BOX” and can be used to unlock cars in a matter of seconds. This is the device Police in the UK say was used to steal his Bespoke Range Rover Autobiography. These thieves are current having the best moments of their lives, Lol. This is a picture of a relay box.

How does this relay device work?

This is not exactly a new trick but most people don’t know about it yet which is why I decided to write about it. It’s a type of hack that works against vehicles’ keyless entry systems and involves two criminals working together using electronic signal-relay devices. .CCTV footage shows just how easily criminals can use a device to receive the car key signal from inside the victim’s home, transferring that signal to the second box, which is placed next to the car. The car’s system is tricked into thinking the key is there, allowing thieves to unlock the vehicle and drive away within seconds.

All the criminals need to do is this. One of them stands very close to your car while the other thief comes close to your window with this $20 relay box. The thief standing close to your window or door uses this device to search for signal from your car key and the signal automatically transfers to the second device held by the thief standing close to your car. As soon as the remote signal reaches the device, the car receives it and is tricked into thinking the owner’s key is present, and is then able to be unlocked and started. In this case CCTV was only able to capture one of the thieves. There's reason to believe they were more than one.

Importantly, they only work on cars that have a keyless ignition system — one that allows a driver to start the car by pushing a button after the vehicle detects a key is present. It works on 95% of these cars. This creepy device is already on sale on Amazon, Ebay and other online stores so it’s not like the device is difficult to get. Like I said before it cost just $20, that’s about N8000 in Nigeria. You can just be shopping or having lunch in a restaurant with your car key in your pocket or handbag, a thief holding that device in his pocket comes close to you can easily transfer the signal of your car key to his colleague outside and they’ll quietly zoom off into thing air.

WATCH VIDEO HERE

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by TechCapon(m): 6:00am On Sep 08, 2018
TechCapon

How can you protect your fancy new wheels from relay attack ?

1. For the device to be able to relay the signal from your car key, it first must be able to detect it. Keeping your key in a metal pouch (FARADAY WALLET) that prevents signals from going in or out — a pouch designed to block radio transmissions — would do this. These are available online, although you’ll want to do some shopping around as some work better than others.

2. Secondly, you can get a steering lock. That way if they start it, they can't drive it.

3. Invest in a tracking device: A tracking device won’t stop your vehicle from being stolen, but it significantly increases chances of police recovering and returning it, if thieves do take it. Anthony Joshua’s car was fitted with a tracker.

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/anthony-joshua-see-high-tech-device-used-to-steal-his-range-rover-bespoke-autobiography/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Ifeanyi4491(m): 6:06am On Sep 08, 2018
thief pass thief.

11 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by chiommy123(f): 6:51am On Sep 08, 2018
Why I think technology is aiding evil.

14 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2018
Rightfully and fittingly the IT world is referred to as garbage in garbage out. Malware and antivirus coding exemplifies my point.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Offpoint: 7:02am On Sep 08, 2018
How do I get one of those?

I got something I wanna get back to...

please I just want to use it as DSTV decoder remote control, nothing else.

17 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 08, 2018
This is why I still believe nothing is as good we the old school instert key before starting the car. I know push to start is convinient and all that but also makes it easy for criminals to steal ur car once the fob signal has been cloned. At least if the car had a key the thieves would need to start fukbling with different keys before they could start the car even after gaining access. And even with the the right key it still needs to be programmed before it can start. But with push to start just push the damn button the the car will start. High tech cars are good, but they are also making the job easier for high tech thieves.

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by TechCapon(m): 7:25am On Sep 08, 2018
greenhulk:
This is why I still believe nothing is as good we the old school instert key before starting the car. I know push to start is convinient and all that but also makes it easy for criminals to steal ur car once the fob signal has been cloned. At least if the car had a key the thieves would need to start fukbling with different keys before they could start the car even after gaining access. But with push to start just push the damn button the the car will start. High tech cars are good, but they are also making the job easier for high tech thieves.
100% correct

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Saheed9: 7:37am On Sep 08, 2018
Something still tells me there's more to this than just this relay system. It's Anthony Joshua's car

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by SarcasticGenius(m): 7:46am On Sep 08, 2018
I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of the thieves if AJ ever lays his hands on them...

[img]https://i./svO.gif[/img]

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by TOMMIEYIKES: 7:57am On Sep 08, 2018
Offpoint:

thief grin

8 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Fundango: 8:09am On Sep 08, 2018
Offpoint:
Ahhhh we hayaaf finish grin
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Franzinni: 8:12am On Sep 08, 2018
is this an advert.... Or a job opportunity for lazy yewth?

5 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Sweetcollins: 8:13am On Sep 08, 2018
Ewo
Evans can do better
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by MooreJozo(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2018
wow
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by hemartins(m): 8:14am On Sep 08, 2018
Technology isn't secured.
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Offpoint: 8:14am On Sep 08, 2018
Fundango:

Ahhhh we hayaaf finish grin
Don't panic my brother if your car is leggediz Benz and if your car is not 2018 model...you absolutely have nothing to worry aboutgrin

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Malakh: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2018
technology can either be a curse or blessing, it depends on whose hands its delivered to and we know this technology is gonna be used in a few years from now to deceive and kill billions of people..it's called the mark of the beast, a beast doesn't show any compassion neither has mercy
chiommy123:
Why I think technology is aiding evil.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by kapelvej: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2018
greenhulk:
This is why I still believe nothing is as good we the old school instert key before starting the car. I know push to start is convinient and all that but also makes it easy for criminals to steal ur car once the fob signal has been cloned. At least if the car had a key the thieves would need to start fukbling with different keys before they could start the car even after gaining access. But with push to start just push the damn button the the car will start. High tech cars are good, but they are also making the job easier for high tech thieves.
God bless you for this

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Offpoint: 8:16am On Sep 08, 2018
TOMMIEYIKES:
thief grin
which one be thief again? person no fit use dey tin as DSTV decoder remote control in peace again ni? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Grupo(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2018
Car theft is a common occurrence in London. I'm surprised that a lot of people here don't know.

They steal keyless entry cars like mad every day in the UK, especially in East London, then the criminals immediately ship it in whole or dismantle the car and ship to one of those Eastern European countries where it is practically impossible to trace the car anymore.

Anthony should just move on, because that car is not going to be found soon.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by MrAnele(m): 8:17am On Sep 08, 2018
okay.. can i order it from Aliexpress?? just asking..., I'm not a car thief.
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by helphelp: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2018
Ehn
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Pavore9: 8:18am On Sep 08, 2018
Thieves get levels!
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by aragonchuks(m): 8:18am On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria money is cursed imagine $20 for #8000...
Let me go and buy my own RELAY .. use am go thief Davido BENTLEY

6 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by deepwater(f): 8:18am On Sep 08, 2018
Kai
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 08, 2018
Oyibo to shey pencil lo tun shey eraser. O ga ju.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by gaby(m): 8:20am On Sep 08, 2018
Another device is out there to help them track and recover the vehicle even though the interior will never be the same again due to pilfering.

Enjoy my siggy
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by ipobarethieves: 8:21am On Sep 08, 2018
sad so all this car track, Alarm, iron padlock I dey use cage the brake nah waste of time.
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by Lambapapa(m): 8:21am On Sep 08, 2018
mesage to d police..afta catching d thief,just leave him and joshua 4 ring.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by kaykaymcb(m): 8:21am On Sep 08, 2018
Logos that can confidently represent Your brand and attract clients to you....Click the link in my signature for proof!!
Re: Anthony Joshua: See High Tech Device Used To Steal His Range Rover Autobiography by emmylight4u: 8:21am On Sep 08, 2018
.....why did he not use pedder lock....shabi them say the guy is a Nigerian?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Reveals Health Issue Before His First Fight With Ruiz. / The Moment I Realised Lionel Messi Was ‘Not Normal’ – Thierry Henry Reveals / Idah Peterside Welcomes Baby After 10 Years Of Marriage. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.