Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,473 members, 7,819,723 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:44 PM

Am Not Afraid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Not Afraid (241 Views)

Lere Olayinka Replies Fayemi On Probe: 'Start Your Probe Now, We’re Not Afraid' / Fayose Won’t Run Away From Nigeria, Not Afraid Of EFCC - Lere Olayinka / 'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Am Not Afraid by Dejikohen: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2018
*I'M NOT AFRAID*
_Adewumi Adedeji (Nigeria)_

I'm not afraid of Boko-Haram and Fulani herdsmen rather
I'm afraid of the man that sends my brothers and sisters to war without adequate intelligence and weapon,
I'm afraid of the company that uses this menace to increase revenue and tax reduction mechanism
I'm afraid of the politician that uses this menace for campaign.

I'm not afraid of Religion, ethnicity and tribalism rather I'm afraid of the man that won't allow me marry his daughter because i'm kanuri and she is Ijaw,
I'm afraid of the University that won't grant me admission because i'm not from her catchment area regardless of my UTME score.
I'm afraid of the boss that won't promote me because we don't share the religious sentiment.

I am not afraid of the politician that travels abroad for his medical treatment, rather i'm afraid of the one that does so on tax-payers expense.

I'm afraid of the governor that won't pay doctors and nurses salaries causing them to strike
I'm afraid of the Nurse that sells drugs meant for public hospitals to private hospitals just to buy Aso-ebi.

I am not afraid of the politician that sends his sons and daughters abroad to school

I am afraid of the one that took history out of our syllabus,
I'm afraid of the professor of history that watch this tragedy happen.

I'm afraid of the lecturer that won't pass me because I did not buy his hand-out
I'm afraid of the teacher that sends me to her house to fetch water while her daughter learns in class

I am not afraid of unemployment rather i'm afraid of the Governor that hasn't paid civil servants for twenty-two months.

I'm afraid of of the firms that ask for 7 years experience with Masters Degree and professional certifications not more than 24 years old.

I'm afraid of the bank that asks me to meet a target of #10 million in two weeks only to pay me #50,000 at the end of the month.

I am not afraid of election, rather
I'm afraid of the senators that sleep on the Senate floor or the one that never attends sitting.

I'm afraid of the woman that sells her vote for #5,000
I'm afraid of the young man that won't hesitate to injure me because I won't say sai Baba or power to the people.

I am not afraid of accidents or bad road
I'm afraid of the local government chairman that drives on the same road in his hummer
I'm afraid of the senator that approves budget for that same road annually.

I am not afraid of shaking tables
I'm afraid of keeping silent

I am not afraid of the one that can kill my body
I'm afraid of he that can kill my soul and body.

What are you afraid of?

*Adewumi Adedeji*
Writes from Oke-Aro, Ogun State, Nigeria
+2348082790452
Dejijupiter@gmail.com
#D'PresidentsDiary.

1 Like

Re: Am Not Afraid by StillX10(m): 7:34am On Sep 08, 2018
I fear God

(1) (Reply)

Apc Has 15.6m Registered Voters--oshomohle / BREAKING: Kemi Adeosun 'resigns' As Finance Minister / Today's News Updates - 15/09/2018 | Peoplesjournal News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.