Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,011 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:02 AM

Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade (4838 Views)

Zamfara Arrests 100 Security Violators, Seizes Vehicles Taking Food To Bandits / Ghanaian Traders Close Down Shops Owned By Nigerians In Circle Area Of Accra(vid / GUTA Locks Up Nigerians’ Shops In Kumasi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by ashjay001(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2018
Juliusmalema:

Explain more.

If u know, u know.

For example, Lagos in Nigeria, has been having some existential issues with migrants, claiming equal rights with natives. These migrants, insist they brought development.sad

As if Lagos was dead, before their arrival.

1 Like

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Horus(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0LSUkwkspk

Shops owned by Nigerian traders not authorized by standards authority in Ghana
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by 10kbelow: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2018
Nigerians in Ghana buhari said you should come back that things are better now in nigeria grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:
[s]Why all these embarrassment for Nigerians in these stupid African countries undecided. Imagine ordinary Ghana?. Let's sanction these bastards and close our boarders to them to see how they will survive without us [/s]?

Senseless

3 Likes

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by justtoodark: 12:03pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

You can't dispute that naija dominates where ever we are , be it Botswana, Kenya, backward South Africa, yeye Ghana, hungry Liberia, dumb Gabon. We oppress

calm down....you are too angry....you scare the shitt out of me and me i dont like other africans too oooooo....
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Ghana economy lies on the shoulders of Nigerians. They will starve

How?

2 Likes

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:
grin grin grin grin grin
what will you sanction?
if you joke, we will send all the 4 Nigerian banks in Ghana packing.
Mind you, we already have too many banks for 29million people and the regulator is seeking ways to fold more banks up.
Then we will sanction NNPC, they will immediately lose a billion dollars from Ghana.

what will you sanction of Ghana? we don't put investment into Nigeria, its a risky adventure

Continue provoking the giant, you mudafakas are going to get it and you will cry the loudest .
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:
grin grin grin grin grin see this beggar claiming what he hasn't sow

Get with the program, if we shut down our businesses in Ghana, that shythole will die a quick death. Mumu
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Nobody: 12:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
Throwback:

I visit Ghana frequently.

This arrogance and delusional regard of your significance to the Ghana economy is the very reason why the task force overlooks the Togolese traders and focus on the braggart Nigerian that does not even have the necessary legal papers that ECOWAS membership prescribes.

I know for a fact that a law had been put in place in the past to even limit the ownership of retail stores by foreigners (mostly ECOWAS) in Ghana.

No country would sit by and watch its own citizens displaced economically by aliens and economic refugees.

Every country welcomes foreign investments that would provide jobs for the local population, hence Nigerian companies are welcomed to come do such in Ghana just as you have the SouthAfrican MTN, Shoprite and Multichoice doing same in Nigeria and elsewhere.
But at no time should such companies feel they are doing their host country and people a favour, when profit as a business goal is being made by such firms, example is MTN making its greatest profits in Nigeria.

So despite the limitations that ECOWAS membership still allows every sovereign state to apply, most countries tend to overlook such limits and tolerate some prohibitions in the spirit of African brotherhood, but remember that the rules still exist to be exploited if the situation becomes dire.

Also remember that Nigeria was the one that deported about a million Ghanaians from Nigeria during the Shagari government for the economic benefit of Nigeria.

Ghana too will do what is of benefit to its economy and people, and preponderance of foreign retail shop ownership does not benefit any host country or its people.

10/10
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
byrron:

How?

They are too lazy to survive without us
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
justtoodark:

calm down....you are too angry....you scare the shitt out of me and me i dont like other africans too oooooo....

These charcoals piss me off thinking they can measure to nigeria
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
byrron:

Senseless

Stupid undecided
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iamgrey5:
So the replacement for the gas supply will simply be done overnight, right? grin

You must think it is that easy to start embarking on new multimillion dollars worth of project.

Anyways, Do you know what the Russia federation does to most western European countries that it supply gas? Particularly Germany?

lest I forgot, America was once our number one customer when it came to buying of our crude oil, but ever since it stop buying our crude oil due to the shale oil revolution in its territory, did it stop Nigeria from existing?

@ banks

oh come off it already, what profit are the Nigerian banks really making in Ghana that they can't make elsewhere in Africa, I believe it's their Ghanaian staffs that will lose their jobs

@ school enrollments

I thought you were trying to argue with logic earlier by pointing to the possible losses the Nigerian Petroleum and banking industry will suffer should we start a trade war with your country, but to think that for Some reasons best known to you, your schools will simply fill up the void left behind by Nigerians by other African countries shows a major deficiency in your logical thinking capacity, because you should have known that we can simply fill the void left behind by your country with other African countries as well.

Notwithstanding, I fail to see the purpose of your counter statements because you just agreed with my earlier comments in which I stated that the Nigerian business elites like bank owners and co will suffer, while their Ghanaian workers will feel the pain just as much, if not more.

No country in Africa, has the capacity to take in the amount of gas we buy from Nigeria
Ghana has more than three LNG regasification unit to immediately switch to LNG

as for people working in banks that will lose their jobs, those are only temporary
They will immediately find jobs with other banks because of their experience, it will just take three months of searching. And that is the worse case scenario whereby the regulator does not provide for them.

One thing about school enrollment is, the place you get is because five people were denied a place not because they didn't qualify but because whatever methodology they use.
Ghanaian schools are hot cake in this reagion
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 12:27pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Get with the program, if we shut down our businesses in Ghana, that shythole will die a quick death. Mumu
youve forgotten
the only reason you're doing petty trading in Ghana is that if you don't do it, you'll starve to death
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Continue provoking the giant, you mudafakas are going to get it and you will cry the loudest .
just try being stupid and we will just deport all the nuisance in our country and shut the door to your face
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:33pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:
youve forgotten
the only reason you're doing petty trading in Ghana is that if you don't do it, you'll starve to death

Dumb ass , we own you in your own land
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 12:34pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:
just try being stupid and we will just deport all the nuisance in our country and shut the door to your face

Try that and see who will beg first, burnt offering grin
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 12:36pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

its already happening oo
just ask your mates here of how they are being arrested grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 12:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Dumb ass , we own you in your own land
grin grin grin grin
pauper like you owning
Lord have Mercy

you're only in Ghana because of our Grace
and tendency to helping a fellow African nation find some sanity for it populace
But since you have decided to be an uncivil nuisance, we will send a majority of your kind packing
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Iwantslavesgone: 1:43pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:
grin grin grin grin
pauper like you owning
Lord have Mercy

you're only in Ghana because of our Grace
and tendency to helping a fellow African nation find some sanity for it populace
But since you have decided to be an uncivil nuisance, we will send a majority of your kind packing

Shut up you charcoal nigga
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Ovamboland(m): 2:04pm On Sep 08, 2018
That's what you expect from a serious government and patriotic citizens and law enforcement.

If it were to be Nigeria, low self esteem will make law enforcement to be smiling with foreigners or collect one small bribe to let the foreigners pocket millions meant for the Nigerian people.

Look at this statistics 2018
Nigeria:
Budget- 9 trillion, population - 186 million
Source - 50% from oil

Ghana:
Budget - 5 trillion, population - 28 million
Source - 3% from oil

What this means is that while Nigeria can only raise 4.5 trillion from taxes and fees from it's 186 million Ghana will raise more than 4.5 trillion from it's economy of 28 million people.
We should cover our faces in shame as we will soon become Africa's sorry case.

From Ghana allocation for education they plan to spend 41,000 naira per student this year while Nigeria can only afford 5,000. Meaning we lost the competition with Ghana in education and the gap will widen every year we continue like this.

Tell most literate Nigerian that the government must learn to collect more money to be more effective and they will nearly bite you as many of you reading this section probably feel like.

But no matter who we vote and how well intentioned, no matter the integrity and plugging of leakages, if you don't put the required resources in education, health and infrastructure, only slogans and rethorics will be produced in 4 years before next election is due.

I mean, how to you apply 5,000 well in a whole year to out compete someone who equally applies his 41,000 well for the same purpose?

A lot of the resources that should be collected remain in the pocket of few billionaires who get waivers tax holidays. Some religious bodies even get this import waivers raking in billions to the detriment of our education and health. Shows where our priority lies.

South Africa raises $100 billion yearly from it's $390 billion economy while we can't raise $30 billion from our $500 billion economy with loans.

Our government needs to wake up as Ghana to it's responsibilities. Good enough Fowler of FIRS is growing tax base but the pace must be hastened to deliver good governance.

To be at par with what Ghana is spending per citizen our budget must be at least 33 trillion naira yearly. Think of inadequacy in what will be available for security, defence, education, health, infrastructure by raising only 9 trillion?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Efewestern: 2:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:

No country in Africa, has the capacity to take in the amount of gas we buy from Nigeria
Ghana has more than three LNG regasification unit to immediately switch to LNG

as for people working in banks that will lose their jobs, those are only temporary
They will immediately find jobs with other banks because of their experience, it will just take three months of searching. And that is the worse case scenario whereby the regulator does not provide for them.

Will you shut the hell up, you keep shouting as if you are doing Nigeria any favour by buying our gas, should I remind you that you guys haven't even paid for the product you are consuming?, who does that?, how do we even benefit from Ghana, you owe us and I don't think if they sell the entire Ghana you will be able to pay that debt, If not for our Big brother mentality, I don't know why on earth we should still be helping those ....

1 Like

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 3:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Efewestern:

Will you shut the hell up, you keep shouting as if you are doing Nigeria any favour by buying our gas, should I remind you that you guys haven't even paid for the product you are consuming?, who does that?, how do we even benefit from Ghana, you owe us and I don't think if they sell the entire Ghana you will be able to pay that debt, If not for our Big brother mentality, I don't know why on earth we should still be helping those ....
guy shut up
you have no knowledge on the topic you're commenting about
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 3:08pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

another illiterate from the Ape republic grin grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Just30: 3:13pm On Sep 08, 2018
Ovamboland:
That's what you expect from a serious government and patriotic citizens and law enforcement.

If it were to Nigeria, low self esteem will make law enforcement to be smiling with foreigners or collect one small bribe to let the foreigners pocket millions meant for the Nigerian people.

Look at this statistics 2018
Nigeria:
Budget- 9 trillion, population - 186 million
Source - 50% from oil

Ghana:
Budget - 5 trillion, population - 28 million
Source - 3% from oil

What this means is that while Nigeria can only raise 4.5 trillion from taxes and fees from it's 186 million Ghana will raise more than 4.5 trillion from it's economy of 28 million people.
We should cover our faces in shame as we will soon become Africa's sorry case.

From Ghana allocation for education they plan to spend 41,000 naira per student this year while Nigeria can only afford 5,000. Meaning we lost the competition with Ghana in education and the gap will widen every year we continue like this.

Tell most literate Nigerian that the government must learn to collect more money to be more effective and they will nearly bite you as many of you reading this section probably feel like.

But no matter who we vote and how well intentioned, no matter the integrity and plugging of leakages, if you don't put the required resources in education, health and infrastructure, only slogans and rethorics will be produced in 4 years before next election is due.

I mean, how to you apply 5,000 well in a whole year to out compete someone who equally applies his 41,000 well for the same purpose?

A lot of the resources that should be collected remain in the pocket of few billionaires who get waivers tax holidays. Some religious bodies even get this import waivers raking in billions to the detriment of our education and health. Shows where our priority lies.

South Africa raises $100 billion yearly from it's $390 billion economy while we can't raise $30 billion from our $500 billion economy with loans.

Our government needs to wake up as Ghana to it's responsibilities. Good enough Fowler of FIRS is growing tax base but the pace must be hastened to deliver good governance.

To be at par with what Ghana is spending per citizen our budget must be at least 33 trillion naira yearly. Think of inadequacy in what will be available for security, defence, education, health, infrastructure by raising only 9 trillion?
finally someone who knows what Nigeria needs

1 Like

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Efewestern: 3:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:

guy shut up
you have no knowledge on the topic you're commenting about

https://punchng.com/ghana-owes-160m-for-gas-supply-from-nigeria/

Stop bragging about buying our gas, you can't even pay for that service, you are irrelevant to Nigeria's oil sector, I wonder which country sells her oil product on credit.
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by kotv: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2018
Throwback:

I visit Ghana frequently.

This arrogance and delusional regard of your significance to the Ghana economy is the very reason why the task force overlooks the Togolese traders and focus on the braggart Nigerian that does not even have the necessary legal papers that ECOWAS membership prescribes.

I know for a fact that a law had been put in place in the past to even limit the ownership of retail stores by foreigners (mostly ECOWAS) in Ghana.

No country would sit by and watch its own citizens displaced economically by aliens and economic refugees.

Every country welcomes foreign investments that would provide jobs for the local population, hence Nigerian companies are welcomed to come do such in Ghana just as you have the SouthAfrican MTN, Shoprite and Multichoice doing same in Nigeria and elsewhere.
But at no time should such companies feel they are doing their host country and people a favour, when profit as a business goal is being made by such firms, example is MTN making its greatest profits in Nigeria.

So despite the limitations that ECOWAS membership still allows every sovereign state to apply, most countries tend to overlook such limits and tolerate some prohibitions in the spirit of African brotherhood, but remember that the rules still exist to be exploited if the situation becomes dire.

Also remember that Nigeria was the one that deported about a million Ghanaians from Nigeria during the Shagari government for the economic benefit of Nigeria.

Ghana too will do what is of benefit to its economy and people, and preponderance of foreign retail shop ownership does not benefit any host country or its people.

The arrogance is outstanding. Thank you for educating him

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by newdawn2017(f): 5:10pm On Sep 08, 2018
Iwantslavesgone:

Shut up dere, no matter the hate, we are kings and queens of Africa. We own most of the continent's economy
[b][quote author=Iwantslavesgone post=71007088]NIGERIANS!!!...... Ahu!
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Okoroawusa: 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2018
The Ghanaian economy is an extension of Nigerian economy.

Ghana,this table u ppl r shaking... PMB no be GEJ o!
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by Okoroawusa: 10:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Just30:
finally someone who knows what Nigeria needs
bros because what he wrote was long doesn't mean that it makes sense
Re: Ghana Shuts Down Over 370 Shops Owned By Nigerians In Kumasi, Arrests 100 Trade by wizzzmike: 11:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
talk is cheap we all can do that. Most of y'all talk big but empty

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UNGA: President Buhari Leaves New York / Tinubu Built Lagos: Lagos Before, During And After Tinubu / Security: COAS Impressed With Ugwuanyi’s Cooperation With Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.