Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,706 members, 7,809,686 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:07 PM

Apc , A Drowning Party, Says Makrfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apc , A Drowning Party, Says Makrfi (216 Views)

Wike Is A Drowning Man In Need Of Salvation, He's Trying To Divide Nigeria- Reno / Katsina Man Renames Son From Buhari To Suleiman, Holds Party Says PMB Has Failed / Ortom’s Exit From APC A Blessing To Us – Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Apc , A Drowning Party, Says Makrfi by isahrabson: 8:34am On Sep 08, 2018
APC , a drowning party, says Makarfi

Former governor of Kaduna State, Senator Ahmed Makarfi, has described the All Progressives Congress (APC) as a drowning party.

Makarfi, a presidential aspirant on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said last Thursday’s attack on the National Secretariat of PDP by suspected members of the APC was an attempt to intimidate PDP members.

He said: “This has never happened before for a party to leave its domain (and) go to another party’s headquarters and do what they did.

But no matter how they try, they will not succeed.

“Intimidation will not work, we know the APC is left with no option other than intimidation. When you are losing whatever you see you grab, a drowning man.”

Makarfi promised to establish education trust fund if elected president next year. “Our children must never leave school because of financial difficulties. So, we must introduce students soft loan, where students facing financial difficulties can borrow and they will only pay when they are permanently and gainfully employed. This will force the government to create job opportunities for our teeming youths so they can get the money refunded,” he stated.

He decried the spate of insecurity in the country, adding that Nigeria needed to be secured to create employment. He said: “We must restore sanity, and stop these killings. It is not possible for these killings to be going on, without one collusion or the other.

The collusion can be from anybody, but there is no way that with the things are going that there is not one collusion or the other. “If I happen to be nominated and elected, I have the history to restore peace in Kaduna and that will also be replicated throughout the length and breadth of Nigeria. This is not theory, but practical because I have done it before.”

Commenting, the former National Organising Secretary of PDP National Caretaker Committee, Senator Abdul Ningi, who is vying for the governorship of Bauchi State, said the state requires experience to move forward.

According to him, Bauchi State has become like a cursed state in the last three years, adding that if things continue to be the way they are that the state would be worse. He said: “I see this as my obligation and my resolve to ensure that Bauchi story changes. I want to add value to the state and make sure it become one of the front line states in terms of development.”

Similarly, a former Minister of Information, Senator Patricia Akwashiki, a governorship aspirant for Nasarawa State, pledged to fight poverty, diversify the economy of the state as well as exploit the advantages of the state’s proximity to the federal capital and ensure the Internally Generated Revenue of the State (IGR) improves.

(1) (Reply)

2019: Ohanaeze Youths Endorse Umahi, Ikpeazu / Politicians Will Only Sponsor Businesses That Have A Business Plan / Mansur Dan-ali: Navy Inducts 1,103 New Sailors To Fight Insurgents, Oil Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.