Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,014 members, 7,814,459 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria (2315 Views)

Go To Court If You Are Not Okay With Dogara's Re-election, PDP Tells APC / 2019: Things Are Not Okay In Nigeria - Sultan Of Sokoto / 2019: PDP South East Caucus, MASSOB Okay Atiku/obi Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Bilaludeen(m): 10:37am On Sep 08, 2018
The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, yesterday urged religious leaders to unite and preach against violence before, during and after the 2019 elections, just as he said Nigerians should stop deceiving themselves over the country’s problems.
He also advised politicians to stop fighting because of defections.
“Politics is a choice, like religion. Therefore, let’s not fight each other because of defection,” he said when he received the Catholic Bishops of Nigeria in his palace in Sokoto yesterday.
“We must tell ourselves the truth and speak the truth. Everything is not okay in Nigeria. Let’s stop hiding under religion, ethnicity or region. I know we have problems in Nigeria. Let’s not deceive ourselves.”
“There is no fight between Christianity and Islam, but maybe disagreement between Muslims and Christians. But we must try and fish out extremists in our midst. Though, you cannot completely fish out bad eggs from the society, we should continue doing our part to ensure a peaceful country,” he said.
The sultan added: “We have our problems and challenges. But we should collectively try and overcome them. As leaders, we must try and work for peace. There is no problem in this world that defies solution unless we are not honest. If not, we will overcome the problems.”
“We must also educate our followers that despite the challenges, we belong to one God Almighty but choose to worship God in different ways.”
On 2019 general election, he implored politicians to stop using children of the poor to spread violence.
He also spoke against killing of innocent people in the name of religion.
“People have wrong notions of Jihad. You cannot kill people pretending you are fighting for God. You are simply deceiving yourself. Jihad does not entail that. God did not create you to fight for Him,” he said.
Earlier, the National President of Catholic Bishops of Nigeria, Archbishop Augustine Akubeze, lauded the sultan for his roles on interfaith peace and peaceful coexistence in the country.
The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Cardinal Onaiyekan, noted the need for peace among religious leaders and for them to work towards ensuring peaceful coexistence among the citizens. In his remarks, the Catholic Bishop of the Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Matthew Hassan Kukah, acknowledged the sultan’s cordiality to all, irrespective of religion and other leanings.
http://surecontents..com/2018/09/sultan-everything-not-okay-in-nigeria.html

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by clarocuzioo(m): 10:41am On Sep 08, 2018
The Sultan should do the entire nation a favour by calling out those who said "dogs and baboons will soak in blood", to retract the statement and tender an unreserved apology to the entire nation for making such hate speech.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by kalu61(m): 10:58am On Sep 08, 2018
Northern elite are beginning to get sense
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:03am On Sep 08, 2018
clarocuzioo:
The Sultan should do the entire nation a favour by calling out those who said "dogs and baboons will soak in blood", to retract the statement and tender an unreserved apology to the entire nation for making such hate speech.

Who made that comment?
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by clarocuzioo(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Who made that comment?

Ask google

5 Likes

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:06am On Sep 08, 2018
clarocuzioo:

Ask google

Maybe you should ask google and give me the answer since research is something you struggle with
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by clarocuzioo(m): 11:11am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Maybe you should ask google and give me the answer since research is something you struggle with

The time and mb you are wasting on my mention you would have used it to do that.

2 Likes

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Christistruth00: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2018
clarocuzioo:

What of he who spent two years on radio insulting and threatening the people of other regions in Nigeria with all his strength , while his elders pat his head and took photos with him after President Jonathan’s election loss worsened his insults .How does that promote love and peace?
May Jesus save us all.

1 Like

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:13am On Sep 08, 2018
clarocuzioo:

The time and mb you are wasting on my mention you would have used it to do that.

The time and mb you are wasting to comment with you should have used it to research and find out that nobody said dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood.
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 11:20am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

The time and mb you are wasting to comment with you should have used it to research and find out that nobody said dogs and baboons would be soaked in blood.

Something I heard on BBC Hausa then ? Even Buhari has never denied it but instead said it was a famous Hausa proverb but you a little misled butterfly is saying nonsense

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2018

4 Likes

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:22am On Sep 08, 2018
SalamRushdie:

Something I heard on BBC Hausa then ? Even Buhari has never denied it but instead said it was a famous Hausa proverb but you a little misled butterfly is saying nonsense

Shut up you this liar personified!!!

Buhari spoke in Hausa that day and his exact words were "kare jini, biri jini", which is a daily Hausa proverb which means "it’s going be a fight to the finish"

I speak and understand much of Hausa so I know. And if you don't believe me then go ahead and ask an Hausa man for its interpretation rather than believing anything you are told. That nonsense rumour began with Reuban Abatti who chose to mislead people like you with lies.

Abatti deliberately lied when he tried to interpret it.

Kare jini, biri jini has nothing to do with dogs or baboon or even blood.

Bloody liar

Cc bedspread
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:24am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Buhari spoke in Hausa that day and his exact words were "kare jini, biri jini", which is a daily Hausa proverb which means "it’s going be a fight to the finish"

I speak and understand much of Hausa so I know. And if you don't believe me then go ahead and ask an Hausa man for its interpretation rather than believing anything you are told. That nonsense rumour began with Reuban Abatti who chose to mislead people like you with lies.

Bloody liar

Cc Buterflyle0
Your Case is irredeemable....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:25am On Sep 08, 2018
bedspread:
Your Case is irredeemable....

Your case is pathetically foolish. Posting that video shows you know nothing about Hausa.

Why not post the original video where he made the comment and here him say kare jini biri jini and then call me a liar
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by osazeeblue01: 11:26am On Sep 08, 2018
Buhari is the problem

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Your case is pathetically foolish. Posting that video shows you know nothing about Hausa.

Why not post the original video where he made the comment and here him say kare jini biri jini and then call me a liar
From the Manner you Respond .... it's Clear the same blood runs in vein

2 Likes

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2018
Anything PDP is known for falsehood. Same way they already doctored the video of oshiomhole and shekarau and overlapped the sound with a fake kwankwaso sound.

Bloody liars
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:28am On Sep 08, 2018
bedspread:
From the Manner you Respond .... it's Clear the same blood runs in vein

Incidentally I am a christian who despises liars such as you

1 Like

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by chiagozien(m): 11:29am On Sep 08, 2018
Christistruth00:

What of he who spent two years on radio insulting the people of other regions in Nigeria with all his strength , because President Jonathan lost the election? How does that promote love and peace?
May Jesus save us all.
you mean Jonathan has already lost the election before 2015?
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:37am On Sep 08, 2018
I just decided to do a simple 3 min research and it so happens that even the press have corrected that erroneous interpretation of kare jini biri jini long ago but the deliberately embittered souls who want to keep up with the propaganda chose to look the other way.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/5333-general_buhari_the_challenge_of_translation_and_political_vocabu.html

Cc bedspread read

To show you how complex Hausa language is. I translated it to mean a fight to finish and here on premium times it was translated as A FIERCE BATTLE.

How did baboon, dog or blood get involved when none of the words there mean any of those things?
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2018

1 Like

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:
I just decided to do a simple 3 min research and it so happens that even the press have corrected that erroneous interpretation of kare jini biri jini long ago but the deliberately embittered souls who want to keep up with the propaganda chose to look the other way.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/opinion/5333-general_buhari_the_challenge_of_translation_and_political_vocabu.html

Cc bedspread read

To show you how complex Hausa language is. I translated it to mean a fight to finish and here on premium times it was translated as A FIERCE BATTLE.

How did baboon, dog or blood get involved when none of the words there mean any of those things?
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-ll-be-bloody-if-buhari/amp/
You are Fooling Yourself

2 Likes

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:45am On Sep 08, 2018
bedspread:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/05/2015-ll-be-bloody-if-buhari/amp/

This is why I called you foolish. He spoke in Hausa just like your article declared and his words for anything hinting on struggle or battle were the words KARE JINI BINI JINI which simply meant a fight to finish or a fierce battle as premium times rightly translated it.

He meant a political struggle. A fierce battle for victory politically .

He was addressing a political rally and not a group of soldiers.

Bloody liar is who you remain
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Cc bedspread read

This was the Response of the CPC Spokes person on channels tv.. you are here displaying your Folly

https://www.channelstv.com/2012/05/21/buharis-use-of-dogs-and-baboons-are-hausa-idioms-cpc-spokesperson/amp/

2 Likes

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2018
Bedspread let me show you how foolish you truly are

What is the Hausa word for

1) blood

2) Dog

3) Baboon

4) Soaked

Show me you have the smallest knowledge of Hausa by answering the above and see how foolish you are.
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 11:51am On Sep 08, 2018
bedspread:

This was the Response of the CPC Spokes person on channels tv.. you are here displaying your Folly

https://www.channelstv.com/2012/05/21/buharis-use-of-dogs-and-baboons-are-hausa-idioms-cpc-spokesperson/amp/

You are making my point for me in case you don't see it

He never mentioned dogs or baboons or blood but made an idiomatic expression aka an Hausa Proverb.

This is my earlier comment below. Note the part in red

Bloody liar
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by bedspread: 11:56am On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

You are making my point for me in case you don't see it

He never mentioned dogs or baboons or blood but made an idiomatic expression aka an Hausa Proverb.

This is my earlier comment below. Note the part in red

Am Amazed at ur Reasoning...
Who cares if it's Hausa idioms or Whatever?

Is Nigeria an Hausa State??

What President said is what is known...

This is not the only Statement made by Pmb prior to the Elections...

Now he is president we are witnessing the Physical Manifestations...

If not that President GEJ decided to do the unbelievable... it would hv been a Massacre....

I was in Lagos then and I tell u for free that Weapons have been Distributed to a lot of persons to act if the Elections didn't go their way....

1 Like

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by MayorofLagos(m): 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
Bilaludeen:

The Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Sa’ad Abubakar, yesterday urged religious leaders to unite and preach against violence before, during and after the 2019 elections, just as he said Nigerians should stop deceiving themselves over the country’s problems.
He also advised politicians to stop fighting because of defections.
“Politics is a choice, like religion. Therefore, let’s not fight each other because of defection,” he said when he received the Catholic Bishops of Nigeria in his palace in Sokoto yesterday.
“We must tell ourselves the truth and speak the truth. Everything is not okay in Nigeria. Let’s stop hiding under religion, ethnicity or region. I know we have problems in Nigeria. Let’s not deceive ourselves.”
“There is no fight between Christianity and Islam, but maybe disagreement between Muslims and Christians. But we must try and fish out extremists in our midst. Though, you cannot completely fish out bad eggs from the society, we should continue doing our part to ensure a peaceful country,” he said.
The sultan added: “We have our problems and challenges. But we should collectively try and overcome them. As leaders, we must try and work for peace. There is no problem in this world that defies solution unless we are not honest. If not, we will overcome the problems.”
“We must also educate our followers that despite the challenges, we belong to one God Almighty but choose to worship God in different ways.”
On 2019 general election, he implored politicians to stop using children of the poor to spread violence.
He also spoke against killing of innocent people in the name of religion.
“People have wrong notions of Jihad. You cannot kill people pretending you are fighting for God. You are simply deceiving yourself. Jihad does not entail that. God did not create you to fight for Him,” he said.

Earlier, the National President of Catholic Bishops of Nigeria, Archbishop Augustine Akubeze, lauded the sultan for his roles on interfaith peace and peaceful coexistence in the country.
The Catholic Archbishop of Abuja, Cardinal Onaiyekan, noted the need for peace among religious leaders and for them to work towards ensuring peaceful coexistence among the citizens. In his remarks, the Catholic Bishop of the Sokoto Diocese, Rev. Matthew Hassan Kukah, acknowledged the sultan’s cordiality to all, irrespective of religion and other leanings.
http://surecontents..com/2018/09/sultan-everything-not-okay-in-nigeria.html

cheesy
Dan fodio and his descendants have wrong notion of jihad. This message is not for Nigerians, should be addressed to Northerners.
Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by Buterflyle0: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
bedspread:
Am Amazed at ur Reasoning...
Who cares if it's Hausa idioms or Whatever?

Is Nigeria an Hausa State??

What President said is what is known...

This is not the only Statement made by Pmb prior to the Elections...

Now he is president we are witnessing the Physical Manifestations...

If not that President GEJ decided to do the unbelievable... it would hv been a Massacre....

I was in Lagos then and I tell u for free that Weapons have been Distributed to a lot of persons to act if the Elections didn't go their way....

Will you shut up.

He was addressing a northern crowd who mostly prefer to be addressed in Hausa and you are asking me if Nigeria is an Hausa state.

Where did he make that statement to and to whom? It seems your brain is fried.

Those behind the alleged massacre have already been exposed by the assassinated Azazi who was the Security adviser to Jonathan and PDP and he declared that PDP is boko haram.

Your failed attempt to spin this has failed. It failed pre 2015 with evidence too so you cannot spin it any further.

Azazi exposed your PDP and 2 weeks later they assassinated him.

The real bloody party has always been PDP and all they represent

Re: Sultan: Everything Not Okay In Nigeria by SalamRushdie: 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Buterflyle0:

Bloody liar

Cc bedspread

You are liar here!!!! fight to the finish can easily be captured in Hausa as" yakin ya gama" so Buhari had no need to sad Kare jini Biri Jini which directly translates to to the Dog and Babboon will be soaked in blood

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Evil Plot Of The Fulani Nationalist Monement [FUNAM]! / Buhari Refused To Wave In Akwa Ibom (pic) / Fulani Herdsmen: Blame Yahaya Bello For Kogi Violence, Says Oodua Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.