Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,354 members, 7,853,567 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 07:17 PM

Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? (15184 Views)

Katsina Government Deducts 3% Of Worker Salaries To Rebuild Burnt Central Market / What President Buhari Told 36 State Governors In Closed Door Meeting Today / Three Northern APC Governors To Defect To PDP (Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by gabicon: 11:36am On Sep 08, 2018
the number 1 priority of any government is to create prosperity for her citizens. The main reason the government can't meet up with its recurrent expenditure is the size of its budget. 9 trillion naira for almost 200 million people is a huge joke, that is 45k per person in a year lets ask ourselves what can 45 k do for a citizen in a year? I'm not exonerating financial irresponsibility on the part of the government but lets face it we wont go very far on a lean budget irrespective of how judicious it is spent.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by lebete3000: 11:40am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

1. security of lives and properties
2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
b. infrastructural development
c. creation of jobs etc

payment of salaries is not really number one priority of govt

Na where you pull this one out from?

Your anus?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 11:41am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
c. creation of jobs etc

Are you really serious right now? it is mandatory of them to pay salaries, its not an option they get to choose.
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Abjdrg: 11:42am On Sep 08, 2018
Nigeria's problems are beyond redemption. I find it difficult to believe this country can work in this present setting.

For anything serious to happen in nigeria there has to be a complete reorganisation and overhauling of the ways things are done. With the present structure and system, hope for a better nigeria is as hopeless as the word sounds.

Without restructuring or referendum or division, nothing will work. Can some1 please tell me why the statement "the unity of Nigeria is non-negotatiable" is so often referred to by our leaders? If a significant population of a country feels they want to go, the right thinking mind would call for a referendum and see if that's possible. If the result shows that most people want to leave why should people be forced to live together? A house divided against itself cannot stand.

To hope for a better nigeria as it is now is to waste a lifetime waiting. It's sad to say but unfortunately it's the truth. We need to tell our consciences the truth. I am close to 40 and I have not seen anything good in this country. We can't hope in inaction. Faith without work is dead but we keep repealing d same thing election after election.

The current struction of Nigeria is a fraud and once it can't be restructured nothing will work.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by divinelove(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2018
lebete3000:

Na where you pull this one out from?

Your anus?

smallie

it is in the Nigerian Constitution, never mind you will understand when you grow up
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by dingbang(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2018
when citizens hardly pay taxes, that is what you get.

meanwhile, esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform new and exciting transactions on the first mobile app, click the link on my signature to find out more. Thanks.
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 08, 2018
Its just lack of proper planning, as a state you don't just run around employing people without planing how the generated funds in that state will pay their salaries...

We don't have proper data of how much is generated cos of corruption
We don't have proper data of which labour force is needed so u don't employ without sense just because u are known by a politician....

They don't just employ abroad, they employ people based on the ratio of people u are to service and that gives a rough idea of how much can be generated and how much is going to salary....
Take doctors for example, the standard is 1000 person per doctor according to the WHO standard....

if a state has real statistics of how much people it has per state, rate of sickness and paitient visit including payment and above all put corruption under check, the right amount of doctors can be employed based on estimated generated revenue over the past years....and salaries would be paid on time...
.not that u just want to wait and use oil money alone to pay all the salary of all civil servant...it's an annoyingly stupid way of planning..

4 Likes

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by AbdulHakeem44(m): 11:44am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
c. creation of jobs etc

Failure in number 2 actually leads many youths to engage in countering number 1 (herdsmen, Nigerian delta militants, armed robbery, suicide etc).

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by divinelove(m): 11:45am On Sep 08, 2018
Colourich:
Are you really serious right now? it is mandatory of them to pay salaries, its not an option they get to choose.

Refer to the Nigerian Constitution
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by lebete3000: 11:46am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:

smallie

it is in the Nigerian Constitution, never mind you will understand when you grow up

If knowledge of constitution of a shithole country don make you grownup, I see why your ideas come from your anus...
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 11:47am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:

Refer to the Nigerian Constitution
I am not a political analyst so I don't know where it is in the Nigerian constitution but what I know is that it is modern slavery to not pay workers after they worked for you.
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by divinelove(m): 11:47am On Sep 08, 2018
AbdulHakeem44:

Failure in number 2 actually leads many youths to engage in countering number 1 (herdsmen, Nigerian delta militants, armed robbery, suicide etc).

yes but the Nigerian Constitution made that order
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 08, 2018
dingbang:
when citizens hardly pay taxes, that is what you get.

Which citizens hardly pay taxes..if there's one thing the government know how to enforce ..it's tax collection..

Even people that don't have jobs still pay VAT indirectly when they purchase goods and services... All companies and employers pay their tax steady, including education tax, withholding...it's will b shocking for you to know that Nigeria's tax is covers almost 60% of our budget, so u know our bad our leaders steal our oil money.... And still have to borrow...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by breakeven: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2018
It is pure greed. In addition it is not a priority to them.
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by SimSify(m): 11:51am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
c. creation of jobs etc

I TOO KNOW., Who ask you that one.
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
c. creation of jobs etc

so if the workers are not working, don't you think there will be chaos

These workers also generate revenue for the government!

Can these governors be happy doing what they are doing if they are not paid

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by dingbang(m): 11:52am On Sep 08, 2018
1StopRudeness:

Which citizens hardly pay taxes..if there's one thing the government know how to enforce ..it's tax collection..

Even people that don't have jobs still pay VAT indirectly when they purchase goods and services... All companies and employers pay their tax steady, including education tax, withholding...it's will b shocking for you to know that Nigeria's tax is covers almost 60% of our budget, so u know our bad our leaders steal our oil money.... And still have to borrow...
ok, do you pay tax?

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by bigpicture001: 11:52am On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
c. creation of jobs etc

..its not even among the list.....
the priority of govt are called macro eco- nomic goals of an economy..check what dey are.that is not among
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 08, 2018
osazeeblue01:
Buhari is the problem

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 08, 2018
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by SoNature(m): 12:00pm On Sep 08, 2018
BrokenCock:
Cos they are not interested. We are only mere voters.
Next time vote credible people with history of helping people and stop voting in ppl cos they have money.

Stop living in a fool's paradise

Before one gets to the level of being a possible winner of a gubernatorial election in Nigeria, he cannot be credible

Even if you were good, your godfather will make u look otherwise

If there's no revolution in Nigeria, we will continue running around in circle
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by achinyang1: 12:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
Because their left natural brain nd use artificial one#
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by EngrXrix(m): 12:02pm On Sep 08, 2018
Gbengaolowe32:
Any Government that want to rule at state or federal level should know that payment of Government workers should be his no 1 priority because through them the market woman, small and large scale business owner will earn their daily need and by the time Government fail to pay the salary or make half payment and increase the rate of poverty and deprived many Nigerians access to right life. I wish senate can wake up in a day in Nigeria and sponsor bill that says that says Not until all Government workers both in states and Federal level get their salaries.....No political office holder will get paid then I know our senators and other legislative arm of Government are working for the sake of Nigerians well being. But they will be sponsoring unnecessary bill that has no positive impact on Nigerians. What a useless and wasted 4 years of Saraki lead 8th senate and Dogara in lower chamber....Saraki lead Senate is The worst senate in the history of Nigeria. God bless me, God bless you, God bless Nigerians, God bless Nigerian.

Salary issue has eaten so deep into the Nigerian labour system.
Even privately owned firms think it's right to owe salaries.
It's just sad sha .
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
divinelove:
cool

priority of government

2. welfare of citizens
a. payment of salaries
c. creation of jobs etc

Really? how can the Economy Grow? how can people pay their Taxes, Taxes to pay for security, how can people Acquire properties let alone security of properties?

what does welfare of the citizens mean? if paying their salaries isn't welfare of citizens?

So how does payment of salaries not Really number one priority for Government? if you don't pay my salaries how can i work to protect you as a police man?

This kinda mentality is why Government gets away with a CRIMINAL act like not paying workers

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by HardMirror(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2018
deleo16:
8 grin
surprised i seem to be the only on that liked your post. But say sai baba now you wld see floods of likes and shares. The avrg nigerian youth is a f00l indeed.
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 08, 2018
dingbang:
ok, do you pay tax?

I work...ofcourse I pay tax....
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by fairchuks: 12:14pm On Sep 08, 2018
You started well... But saying saraki led senate is the worst...makes me see how myopic your reasoning is... You need education... Hiss...

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by joshuaa123: 12:19pm On Sep 08, 2018
Lolz grin
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by fedora04: 12:21pm On Sep 08, 2018
When you spend so much campaigning for election.once elected you begin to come up with white elephant project that you know will not go beyond the signing of MOU.

Your sponsors are on you to pay back.. Even Banks..
What do you do.. Any money at your disposal is used first to settle your gbese..even at the expense of state workers and pensioners

Until we say no to all this politician parading themselves as the elixir to the countries age long problems.. We will not move forward

It is not a curse. We have a long way to go. Prayer alone can't fix this. Nairaland badmouthing and cursing can't fix this

Only we can fix this.. A revolution? Maybe... But I am of the opinion we are okay with status quo.So let's stop whining!!!

We really not ready for change. We are not ready

It is going to continue like this..

Buhari,Saraki,Dankwabo,Atiku etc is not the solution

The over 180 million Nigerians is the solution

My tots...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by tunary(m): 12:22pm On Sep 08, 2018
The simple word Is corruption
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by kennypoju04: 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2018
They pay croonoed first
Re: Why Is It Always Difficult For Many State Governors To Pay Worker Salaries??? by wildchild1: 12:25pm On Sep 08, 2018
Greed!!!

Check my signature for 2018/2019 club and country jerseys

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways Retirees Hold Rally, Prayer Session For Buhari’s Re-election / Constitution Review: Why Presidential Assent Unnecessary - Saraki / Court Nullifies APC Congresses In Rivers State, Says It Is Fraudulent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.