Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,366 members, 7,812,053 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Serena Williams Accused Of Cheating By Umpire Amidst Losing The Game - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Serena Williams Accused Of Cheating By Umpire Amidst Losing The Game (353 Views)

Lebron James, Serena Williams, Tom Brady, Kim K. Attend Messi's Debut Match / Mark Knight Accused Of Racism For Drawing Serena Williams Cartoon / US Open Final: Serena Williams Accuses Umpire Ramos Of 'Sexism' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Serena Williams Accused Of Cheating By Umpire Amidst Losing The Game by gistembassy123: 6:01am On Sep 09, 2018
Serena Williams lost the U.S. Open women’s final to Naomi Osaka on Saturday, September 8, after conflict with the umpire, who accused her of getting illegal coaching.

“I don’t cheat to win. I’d rather lose,” the 23-time Grand Slam champ, 36, told Ramos at Arthur Ashe Stadium in NYC, explaining that she’d gotten a thumbs up that was not coaching.
Carlos Ramos, the Chair umpire gave the tennis champ a violation, claiming that she’d received illegal coaching from her player box during the first set of the match.

She afterward smashed her racket and was given a code violation warning that led to a point penalty.

“I didn’t get coaching. You owe me an apology. I have never cheated in my life. I have a daughter and I stand for what’s right for her. I have never cheated. You owe me an apology.”

She continued to mouth off during a change of ends, according to The Telegraph, telling the umpire, “For you to attack my character is wrong. You owe me an apology. You will never be on a court with me as long as you live. You are the liar. You owe me an apology. Say it. Say you’re sorry. How dare you insinuate that I was cheating? You stole a point from me. You’re a thief too.”

She was given a game penalty and demanded that the tournament umpire be brought onto the court, where she continued her complaint.

“This is not fair. This has happened to me too many times,” she said. “Do you know how many other men do things that are a lot worse than that … It’s because I’m a woman.”

read more...
https://www.gistembassy.com/serena-williams-loses-u-s-open-amidst-cheating-allegations-by-umpire/

Re: Serena Williams Accused Of Cheating By Umpire Amidst Losing The Game by medexico(m): 7:31am On Sep 09, 2018
it is because you are a woman abi? the other person you are playing with na man?

babe you sha don lose, sorry!

(1) (Reply)

Man Utd V Wolves, Brighton V Spurs, Brighton V Spurs, Cardiff V City – Premier L / France Coach Didier Deschamps Wins 2018 FIFA Best Coach Award (Photo) / Sooner Or Later Arsenal Will Get Thrashed - Paul Merson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.