Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,118 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:05 PM

Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun (27948 Views)

Zainab Ahmed Suspends Accountant-General Over ₦80 Billion Probe / Gbolahan Adeniran Resigns As Ogun Attorney-General Over 'Massive Corruption' / Paris Club Refund: Governors Angry Over N16.67bn Secret Payment To Osun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by naijapips04: 7:06am On Sep 09, 2018
Osun State Accountant General Mr Alaba Akintayo Kolawole has resigned his appointment following controversies surrounding the alleged diversion of N16.67 billion Paris Club refund secretly released to the state by the Federal Government.

The development is coming to the open barely hours after our sister publication, Saturday Sun, broke the news on the secret release of the huge sum as the last tranche of the Paris Club refund to the state.

Some state governors across party lines who reacted on Friday to the payment to only Osun State argued that the secret manner the money was released to the state government indicated that it was to help the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) successfully execute the state governorship election scheduled for September 22.

The service of the Accountant General who was said to have been due for retirement since July 31, 2018 was, however, extended till the end of the tenure of Governor Rauf Aregbesola.

Things, however, took a different turn last week over alleged instructions issued to Kolawole on election campaign funds, which he found odd and unable to carry out.

To shield himself from any trouble, Kolawole was said to have offered to disengage from service immediately on Friday after which he wrote the banks where the state’s accounts are domiciled to inform them that he will no longer be a signatory to the state accounts effective from Monday, September 10, 2018. Reacting to the development, the Osun State government yesterday declared that the Accountant General, Mr Kolawole, did not resign his appointment as being insinuated, but retired on account of reaching the age of 60 years few days back, in line with the civil service rules and practice.

The government described the rumour as untrue and should be disregarded. The state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Adelani Baderinwa, who disclosed this yesterday in a statement in Osogbo, the state capital, said that Kolawole had served the state meritoriously in various capacities since he joined the service some decades ago.

He added that he was appointed as Accountant General by Governor Aregbesola in 2012 when he (Kolawole) reached the pinnacle of his career.

Baderinwa said that Kolawole was known to be diligent and hardworking in his duties while in office, adding that the service would miss him and his contributions.

http://sunnewsonline.com/n16-67b-osun-paris-club-refund-kolawole-accountant-general-resigns/amp/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by haryorbarmie83(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2018
I hail thee Mr Kolawole, billions in your account after 60yrs. Abeg share me some.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by fukushaki(m): 7:32am On Sep 09, 2018
cheesy grin
Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Nobody: 7:33am On Sep 09, 2018
Things, however, took a different turn last week over alleged instructions issued to Kolawole on election campaign funds, which he found odd and unable to carry out.

- They owe you 24mths salary but are willing to give you 10k trader money,

- Do you think if the paris fund was to be used for salaries arrears, kolawole would resign?

- Alphabeta rakes billions monthly but its your salaries they want to finance their cousins election.

Think Nigeria... think

133 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by naijapips04: 7:44am On Sep 09, 2018
Esseite:

- Do you think if the paris fund was to be used for salaries arrears, kolawole would resign?

- Alphabeta rakes billions monthly but its your salaries they want to finance their cousins election.

Think Nigeria... think

Nigerians would rather worship than to think, Rather Arselick than question. Its quite a pity.

86 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 09, 2018
Wise thinking

3 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by naijapips04: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2018
APC using bailout funds to fund election when workers are still being owned up to 12 months salary.

Cc lalasticlala

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by BruncleZuma: 4:01pm On Sep 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by surgecom(m): 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Wow. If the story is true, then he deserves some accolades.
He wants to save his name.

22 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Bolusticus: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
If true, this is very commendable.

This was what we expected Ngozi Okonjo Iweala to have done when Dasuki was busy sharing the arms funds then.

But no, she stayed to supervise the looting.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Bolusticus: 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
Firefire:

Bola Tinubu about to install his cousin in Osun State.

If they accept the useless 10,000 Naira greek gifts in exchange for credible candidate, I weep in advance for their future.
I hope you wept for those who collected the same 10k in Abia state and other parts of Nigeria

If you've not, please feel free to cry me a river.

11 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by bedspread: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nigeria is Bleeding From APC Lootings

Lagos is Bleeding from Chief Tinubu Slaughtering and Looting...

Our brothers and sisters in Osun state are given 10k Trader moni to kill them for 4yrs...

This is that Period we Need JUDGMENT FROM HEAVEN on Our Leaders...

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Firefire(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
It will not be well with APC

43 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Teewhy2: 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Why the secret release to only osun state, Is it that they wavy to use the money to bribe to win election.

13 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Ironlion1(m): 4:03pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mr. Integrity. Zombie come and defend your master.

18 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Firefire(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Esseite:

Think Nigeria... think

Bola Tinubu about to install his cousin in Osun State.

If they accept the useless 10,000 Naira greek gifts in exchange for credible candidate, I weep in advance for their future.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Godjone(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
criminal party Apc

6 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by sureheaven(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Heard the man was in leave before and that he is due for retirement.
Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by BigbamoAYO(m): 4:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Abeg share me out of it ooooooooooo
Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Racoon(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
Aregbejegbese again! Meanwhile workers are being owned months of unpaid salary which the government have failed to pay.
EFCC will never probe this but the idiots were freezing & probing the account of Benue & Cross River State. E no go better for anyone who vote APC. angry

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Doerstech(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
APC and KWARUPTION are 5/6....

---_--_----_++±+++----_---------_++-_---_---

Need a simply clean , secured, responsive and search engine optimized website for your business? 5 - 10 pages?

Then say hello to me on 08095966698

1 Like

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by olufalaye: 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
Imagine and all I needed to pay my tuition fee is just 40k

So depressed right now
Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Sijo01(f): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nigerian, resign from office?
There's more to this. Guy man don secure him future with him share of the Paris club refund.
I fear who nor fear apc.

1 Like

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by SeriouslySense(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
vote the best, vote Sowore, AAC.

3 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Flexherbal(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
Some state governors across party lines who reacted on Friday to the payment to only Osun State argued that the secret manner the money was released to the state government indicated that it was to help the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) successfully execute the state governorship election scheduled for September 22.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Bizibi(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
The properties of bola tinubu will refute and defend this......I won't be surprised if one will label me an ipob pigeasterner even when I'm not an IBO man.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by NaijaMutant(f): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
Firefire:

Bola Tinubu about to instal his cousin in Osun State.

grin grin grin

Gone are those days where the Yorubas are famed for their astute political awareness and intelligence
What we now have at play is Amala poverty politics undecided

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by philcz(m): 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin You are a happy man, Sire. grin
Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by BininKingdom: 4:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Ironlion1:
Mr. Integrity. Zombie come and defend your master.

2 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by rawtouch: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by NaijaMutant(f): 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
Bizibi:
The properties of bola tinubu will refute and defend this......I won't be surprised if one will label me an ipob pigeasterner even when I'm not an IBO man.

You're only a part of the 10% sane southwesterner who is not subservient to the Tinubu hegemony.

Congratulations

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaba Akintayo Kolawole Resigns As Osun Accountant General Over Paris Club Refun by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
Lol grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Maimuna Lami Gogo Shiru Saves Nigeria ₦‎7tn In Litigation, Gets Honoured / Zamfara Residents Kidnap Bandits’ Wives In Retaliation For Abduction Of Farmers / National Association Of Poly Students To Disrupt Flights In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.