Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,376 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

"FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" (33146 Views)

Bandits Demand Rice, Beans To Feed 121 Kidnapped Kaduna Baptist School Students / Xenophobia Attack: FG Wants Compensation For Nigerians – Dabiri-erewa / Insurgency: FG Wants Tucano Fighter Jets Delivered Earlier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

"FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Ebullience(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35, Say Vendors

Vendors participating in the Federal Government’s Home Grown School Feeding Programme in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State have stated that N35, which is the cost price of the meal per child they are expected to provide, is not feasible.

The vendors stated that the food is supplied at N50 per plate, broken down as N35 cost price and N15 profit.

Speaking with NAN on Sunday in Kaduna, Yakubu Kajang, the Desk Officer of the programme in Kaura, confirmed that N50 was budgeted per plate, and 261 vendors participate in the programme.

The vendors, however, lamented the cost price, which they described as “no longer feasible” and urged the Federal Government to review the price.

Mrs Alice Emmanuel, one of the vendors, who supplies food to U.B.E. Zwahu Kazah in Manchok, said: “Price of food items are on the increase and we are expected to prepare a nutritious meal with just N35. If you put one and two together you will realise that we spend more than N50 per plate.

“We have to use the vegetable we planted in our backyards meant for family use and, in some cases, even beans in the house are not spared, just for us to really have something to take home as profit.

“We are in a serious dilemma because N35 is no longer feasible to prepare a nutritious meal, and if the food falls below quality it will be rejected by the school authorities.

“We are appealing to the Federal Government to increase the amount from N50 to N100 per plate for the programme to achieve its aim of empowering poor women like us. We are currently running at a loss.”

Mrs Hajaratu Kato, another vendor, who noted that a measure of rice sells for between N550 and N600, while beans cost N500, stated that for the 53 pupils she supplies meals at Unguwan Nka, Gizagwai, Manchok Primary School, she uses seven measures of rice and three measures of beans, which cost N5,700.

According to Kato, “When you multiply N50 by 53, it will give you only N2,650. That is what I get for supplying rice and beans that cost me N5,700, minus money spent on fish, vegetable, crayfish and other ingredients.

“When you minus N2,650 from my cost of N5,700, you will see that I am already at a loss of N3,050. This is why some vendors had to either cut down the quantity of food per plate or reduce the quality to make profit, or better still, use some food items for family use to reduce cost.”

Jummai Dauda, another vendor said: “We are incurring huge losses in the name of empowerment. The Federal Government should look into this and do the needful. Food items are expensive. N35 is really not realistic.

“Some of us are still doing this because we are mothers and a mother is always ready to make the needed sacrifice for her children, particularly when it comes to feeding.

“If the rate can be increased to at least N100 per plate, it would go a great way in meeting the programme’s objectives, but as it is now, it is simply impoverishing us.”

NAN reported that around 1.6 million primary one to three pupils in 3,752 primary schools in Kaduna State are being fed under the programme.

Five non-governmental organisations – Connecting Gender for Development; Action Aid Nigeria; Girl Child Concern; Federation of Muslim Women Association of Nigeria and Nigeria Popular Theatre Alliance – with support from MacArthur Foundation are carrying out an ongoing monitoring of the programme in the state to ensure transparency.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/09/fg-wants-us-feed-pupils-rice-beans-vegetable-crayfish-just-n35-say-vendors

4 Likes

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by vanbonattel: 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
For the APC, everything is an opportunity to loot billions, they already know they will lose the next election so they can underpay contractor and pocket the money. Most corrupt party in the world.

263 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by boy16(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2018
Apc led Government is a kind I believe we will never see again!

if you believe "like"

324 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by vanbonattel: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2018
See aisha houseboy eating at the back of the class grin

136 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by amaniro: 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
HungerBAD your attention is needed ASAP

That money can't even feed the ants in my room. FG!!!

154 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by GavelSlam: 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nothing wrong with asking for a price review.

As well, nothing wrong with the intent of this laudable project.

More funds should be budgeted towards financing.

Previous governments never even considered the kids, the unemployed, the petty trader or the retired.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
Only God knows how much they are paying the food contractors for Nigerian prisons. Nigeria is worse than a zoo, it's a jungle where a few ultra wealthy people survive at the expense of the foolish masses. To hell with that hopeless hell hole filled with shitholes led by a lifeless dullard. On Biafra, we stand. No referendum, no election.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
GavelSlam:
Nothing wrong with asking for a price review.

As well, nothing wrong with the intent of this laudable project.

More funds should be budgeted towards financing.

Previous governments never even considered the kids, the unemployed, the petty trader or the retired.
here comes the BMC crew with their usual rants. Everything is wrong with budgeting #50 for a plate of food in 2018,( probably more was budgeted and collected by the APC politicians) the least they can budget for a healthy meal is #300 anywhere in Nigeria.

185 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by GavelSlam: 6:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:

here comes the BMC crew with their usual rants. Everything is wrong with budgeting #50 for a plate of food in 2018,( probably more was budgeted and collected by the APC politicians) the least they can budget for a healthy meal is #300 anywhere in Nigeria.

Here comes the hypocrite who never thought of the kids, who hasn't seen the budget but has vowed his life to wailing.

This MF cannot do anything useful with his life and must hold someone else responsible for his misfortunes.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by BlackMbakara1(m): 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
Is she using 35 naira to cook a plate of the meal or volume of that?

How many pupil is she feeding per school? Is she buying her stuffs from Lagos or super market?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
vanbonattel:
See aisha houseboy eating at the back of the class grin
Osinbajo is a complete disappointment to many Nigerians but not to me. Ass licking is an established route to power and wealth in present day Nigeria where it's becoming increasingly hard to survive financially unless one is a thief or a liar. those that supported him on the basis of tribe and religion should have themselves to blame, unfortunately, many would still repeat that mistake in the next election.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Nobody: 6:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
Only God knows how much they are paying the food contractors for Nigerian prisons. Nigeria is worse than a zoo, it's a jungle where a few ultra wealthy people survive at the expense of the foolish masses. To hell with that hopeless hell hole filled with shitholes led by a lifeless dullard. On Biafra, we stand. No referendum, no election.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bros! chill. The matter never reach Biafra.

I know how grievous you are about the system. A lot of Nigerians too are.

@bolded... Can you explain how this will be possible? Or how will it be achieved?

Because it sounds extremely hilarious...

no election for Biafra region wey still dey inside Nigeria??
Make we see cool cool

✌✌

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by bedspread: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
Don't worry madam: Next year ? In some days to the Elections, they will come with Traders Moni (kids version ) for the kids..

The Government of the day is a Wicked and Heartless Government...
The worst of all is the manner they use in Scamming innocent Nigerians...

11 Likes

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Here comes the hypocrite who never thought of the kids, who hasn't seen the budget but has vowed his life to wailing.

This MF cannot do anything useful with his life and must hold someone else responsible for his misfortunes.
chairman, no sane country goes about borrowing money to feed school children in peace times, sane countries borrow to invest in profitable and sustainable projects that would generate good jobs for both the present and future generations. I won't return your personal insults but you can do your inglorious job without resorting to insults on a faceless forum.

145 Likes 10 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:41pm On Sep 09, 2018
OrestesDante:

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Bros! chill. The matter never reach Biafra.

I know how grievous you are about the system. A lot of Nigerians too are.

@bolded... Can you explain how this will be possible? Or how will it be achieved?

Because it sounds extremely hilarious...

no election for Biafra region wey still dey inside Nigeria??
Make we see cool cool

✌✌

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Topic for another day.

10 Likes

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Racoon(m): 6:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
See the scam the VP office have been telling Nigerians that they've been spending billions on The corruption of this government pass power.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by GavelSlam: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
chairman, no sane country goes about borrowing money to feed school children in peace times, sane countries borrow to invest in profitable and sustainable projects that would generate good jobs for both the present and future generations. I won't return your personal insults but you can do your inglorious job without resorting to insults on a faceless forum.

You feel insulted? Then excuse me.

Was your opening line not BMC?

Let me guess, those are pleasantries in your homestead.

The government is providing for the children of this country but somehow you are unhappy about it.

They are providing for the young graduates, the low income earners as well as the elderly but deep in you is something that manifest as hate.

Spare me the rhetoric and get on your bike buster.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Racoon(m): 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
chairman, no sane country goes about borrowing money to feed school children in peace times, sane countries borrow to invest in profitable and sustainable projects that would generate good jobs for both the present and future generations.

I won't return your personal insults but you can do your inglorious job without resorting to insults on a faceless forum.

Please ignore that fella.Stupidity is not cleverness.

85 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
Topic for another day.

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is not even worth calling a topic.

Because of its obsoleteness. The whole agitation has been reduced to barking. cool cool

peace ✌✌

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5 Likes

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
OrestesDante:

angry angry angry

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It is not even worth calling a topic.

Because of its obsoleteness. The whole agitation has been reduced to barking. cool cool

peace ✌✌

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

sure, a better topic for you would definitely be on how to better your hopeless country Nigeria ( or better still, how to leave that place now it's still more feasible) but you left the topic to hit at Biafra, good night and remain blessed.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Mgbadike80: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

You feel insulted? The excuse me.

Was your opening line not BMC?

Let me guess, those are pleasantries in your homestead.

The government is providing for the children of this country but somehow you are unhappy about it.

They are providing for the young graduates, the low income earners as well as the elderly but deep in you is something that manifest as hate.

Spare me the rhetoric and get on your bike buster.
No economist in his right senses would call sharing money and food a development project talk more of a sustainable development project. The right name for it is propaganda and a cover for corruption, simple and short. And that's my last response to you. We all know that you can argue around all night against a visible truth because that's what you're employed and paid to do.

108 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Nobody: 7:04pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
sure, a better topic for you would definitely be on how to better your hopeless country Nigeria ( or better still, how to leave that place now it's still more feasible) but you left the topic to hit at Biafra, good night and remain blessed.[ b]

cool cool

[b]★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Goodnight and Amen!!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2 Likes

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by naijaking1: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
Yes, it can. Just remove corruption, open competition for other vendors, and seen how fast the cost go come down quick quick!

2 Likes

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by GavelSlam: 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:
No economist in his right senses would call sharing money and food a development project talk more of a sustainable development project. The right name for it is propaganda and a cover for corruption, simple and short. And that's my last response to you. We all know that you can argue around all night against a visible truth because that's what you're employed and paid to do.

Your likes have come several times on this forum and I've taken them to the cleaners.

The job I do with every sense of humility, is one many Nigerians aspire to but can never achieve, as it requires educational sacrifice.

As regards this laudable project, government in accord with UNICEF are providing meals for school-going kids in Nigeria as well as many other African nations e.g Namibia, Botswana, Ivory Coast . Even Ghana and Mali are doing the same but God forbid Nigeria should do same because it would make the president look good in the eye of the public much to your chagrin.

Mr. Man, don't blame anyone for your failures which manifest as resentment for the government of the day.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by CodeTemplar: 8:08pm On Sep 09, 2018
GavelSlam:

Your likes have come several times on this forum and I've taken them to the cleaners.

The job I do with every sense of humility, is one many Nigerians aspire to but can never achieve as it requires educational sacrifice.

As regards, this laudable project, government in accord with UNICEF are providing meals for school-going kids in Nigeria as well as many other African nations e.g Namibia, Botswana, Ivory Coast . Even Ghana and Mali are doing the same but God forbid Nigeria should do same because it would make the president look good in the eye of the public much to your chagrin.

Mr. Man, don't blame anyone for your failures which manifest as resentment for the government of the day.
You should be smarter than just composing sentences with heavy words.

How can any right thinking government be doing such social welfare scheme in a nation with porous borders. Are you aware Hausa is being spoken all over sahara Africa to as far as Mali? Now with a porour border and and desertification in most of those countries speaking Hausa, they are constantly migrating into Nigeria and the desperate copy and paste govt we have who are hell bent on selling the narrative of Nigeria being a rich nation to brainwashed folks can't realize it would be more appropriate to secure the borders and know who is a Nigerian before trying to give foods to alleged poor people.

You guys who @ss lick politicians need to have you brains checked more often than you realize.

85 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by ivandragon: 8:53pm On Sep 09, 2018
hmm...
Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Rossikki: 8:55pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:

The US is the biggest debtor nation in the world, owing trillions of dollars to China and other countries. Much of that money goes towards maintaining subsidized healthcare, food stamps, and welfare benefits. So you are WRONG.

Oh, and FEEDING school children IS ''investing in profitable and sustainable projects'' because the quality of life of our children MATTERS to the country's future.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Rossikki: 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:

How can any right thinking government be doing such social warfare scheme in a nation with porous borders. Are you aware Hausa is being spoken all over sahara Africa to as far as Mali? Now with a porour border and and desertification in most of those countries speaking Hausa, they are constantly migrating into Nigeria and the desperate copy and paste govt we have who are hell bent on selling the narrative of Nigeria being a rich nation to brainwashed folks can't realize it would be more appropriate to secure the borders and know who is a Nigerian before trying to give foods to alleged poor people.

You guys who @ss lick politicians need to have you brains checked more often than you realize.

No. YOU check your own IQ. So because our borders are porous, there should be no welfare scheme for poor Nigerians, just in case a few of the recipients might be illegal immigrants? See how dumb you sound? The USA has over 11 million illegal immigrants, and has very porous borders. Can you imagine them stopping welfare schemes to Americans because of this?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by GavelSlam: 9:05pm On Sep 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:

How can any right thinking government be doing such social warfare scheme in a nation with porous borders. Are you aware Hausa is being spoken all over sahara Africa to as far as Mali? Now with a porour border and and desertification in most of those countries speaking Hausa, they are constantly migrating into Nigeria and the desperate copy and paste govt we have who are hell bent on selling the narrative of Nigeria being a rich nation to brainwashed folks can't realize it would be more appropriate to secure the borders and know who is a Nigerian before trying to give foods to alleged poor people.

So your problem is the potential of foreigners benefiting from it.

Can't you see how deficient in reasoning you are due to your upbringing in hate?

Some of you are incorrigible.

Many of you would rather wallow in hatred than be happy that many families are going to benefit from this programme, reducing or completely eliminating their overheads on child feeding.

By the way, families in the North, South, East and West of Nigeria are benefiting from this programme.

If your biggest concern to this laudable project which even take a places in the same Mali you wish to despise, then you are nothing but an evil being.

You are the type that would not buy a car because you don't want to drop your neighbours off .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by Rossikki: 9:07pm On Sep 09, 2018
Mgbadike80:

You reason like a brute. The MOST IMPORTANT aspect of government is improving the nation's Human Development Index, or HDI, through inter alia, providing welfare services to the most needy and vulnerable in society.

It is so easy for overfed people like you to go around saying it is wrong to feed the hungry. I bet you call yourself a christian too, and donate money to your pastor in church to buy his private jets, yet you frown on feeding poor school children of 10 years old. Disgusting person.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "FG Wants Us To Feed Pupils Rice, Beans, Vegetable, Crayfish With Just N35" by GavelSlam: 9:09pm On Sep 09, 2018
CodeTemplar:

So your problem is the potential of foreigners benefiting from it.

Can't you see how deficient in reasoning you are due to your upbringing in hate?

Some of you are incorrigible.

Many of you would rather wallow in hatred than be happy that many families are going to benefit from this programme, reducing or completely eliminating their overheads on child feeding.

By the way, families in the North, South, East and West of Nigeria are benefiting from this programme.

If your biggest concern to this laudable project which even takes place in the same Mali you wish to despise, then you are nothing but an evil being.

You are the type that would not buy a car because you don't want to drop your neighbours off .

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigerian Air Force Jet "Accidentally" Bombs Kunkuna Village, Katsina / Wike Donates N500 Million To Sokoto To Support Rebuilding Of Central Market / Photos Update On Kano 2km Sabongari Flyover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.