Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,022 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

Novak Djokovic Defeats Juan Martin Del Potro To Win US Open Title (Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Novak Djokovic Defeats Juan Martin Del Potro To Win US Open Title (Photos) (349 Views)

Djokovic Defeats 13-time Champion Nadal In 'greatest' French Open Display / Naomi Osaka Beats Jennifer Brady To Win Second Australian Open Title / Naomi Osaka Defeats Serena Williams To Win US Open Title (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Novak Djokovic Defeats Juan Martin Del Potro To Win US Open Title (Photos) by Sportdab(m): 5:40am On Sep 10, 2018
Novak Djokovic has now won the US Open for a third time after beating Juan Martin Del Potro 6-3 7-6 6-3 in the final.

Both players were even at the start but the Serbian took the lead at 5-3 and won the set on his serve.

Djokovic went ahead again in the second set but Del Potro came back and the set went into a tiebreak.

Del Potro then took the lead but Djokovic got levelled again as the Argentine made some loose errors and took the set.

In the final set, Djokovic and Del Potro exchanged breaks again but the Wimbledon champion lifted his level again to break once more and held serve to win a 14th Grand Slam title, tying him with Pete Sampras on the all-time list.

However, Djokovic interrupted his on-court interview to congratulate world No 3 Del Potro on reaching the final despite his defeat.

“Before we continue on I would just like to Juan Martin,” Djokovic said.

“For what he has done in the last four or five years with his wrist injuries, with coming back and still having faith and having belief in himself that one day he’s going to be a top player and he’s going to be fighting for Grand Slams.

“I really wish him all the best, I know that he’s going to be here again with a champion’s trophy. I really do.”

Djokovic then paid respect to the energetic 23,000-strong crowd present at Flushing Meadows and the atmosphere they helped create under the lights.

“It like a football match a little bit with Argentine fans here and Serbian fans here!” he joked.

“Well done guys. The atmosphere was amazing.

“The support they gave to both Juan Martin and me and most of all the respect they had for the other player, they never went over the line.

“That’s something that is truly amazing tonight. Thank you guys.”

Source:http://www.sportdab.com.ng/2018/09/novak-djokovic-defeats-juan-martin-del.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Novak Djokovic Defeats Juan Martin Del Potro To Win US Open Title (Photos) by Jtmanager(m): 5:47am On Sep 10, 2018
ok o

(1) (Reply)

Ronaldo Left The Pitch In Tears After Red Card As He Return To Spain 4 Champion / Two Odd Heroes / Win Big Hot Expert Betting Tips For Today 11/11/2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.