Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh (11787 Views)

Fulanis Knows Politics More Than Southerners. / The Southwest Is The Most Politically Enlightened And Sophisticated Zone / Saraki Shouldn't Invite Trouble For Himself Because Of Greed - Tony Momoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Corrinthians(m): 9:34am On Sep 10, 2018
gaby:
Almajiri the herd mentality system is why you see it so.

Enjoy my siggy
One thing some of you who publicise your businesses hoping for patronage do wrong is insulting a whole population of people who are your potential customers.

Can't you make your point withing insulting them?

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Maxymilliano(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
So, let us not deceive ourselves, these people are more politically enlightened than the average Southerners.

You can say that again Tony ...
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Benekruku(m): 9:35am On Sep 10, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
Abeg make we hear word.

Enlightenment by very few who subject the larger almajiri population to perpetual poverty.

Even with all the political power and enlightenment like you said,where are they?
The poorest,diseased, uneducated, drugs abusers,backward,insurgency and most of all religious bigotry.

It makes no sense at all.

Shattap.

It's the bitter truth.

The North can politically align and ride-on any tribe in Nigeria. They so so United.

They will never trade their brother even if they are enemies for an outsider.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by jojothaiv(m): 9:36am On Sep 10, 2018
Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh

That is an expression of his opinion too.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Benekruku(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2018
gaby:
Almajiri the herd mentality system is why you see it so.

Enjoy my siggy

You can't make it in life.

Am just being blunt and truthful as child of God.

Better start thinking of using a loved one for money rituals
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by SadMemories(m): 9:37am On Sep 10, 2018
MORE ENLIGHTENED? YET NIGERIA ALWAYS BECOME LIFELESS UNDER THEM. THIS IS AN INSULT.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by gaby(m): 9:40am On Sep 10, 2018
Corrinthians:
One thing some of you who publicise your businesses hoping for patronage do wrong is insulting a whole population of people who are your potential customers.

My dear brother, please accept my unreserved and sincere apologies if my comment did come off as insulting. You probably took it out of context I'm sure.

I have never understood Almajiri to be an insulting word but I'm very open to being tutored by you on this and I promise to refrain from using it.

Not, and will never be in my character to lump and insult a person or group of persons.

Accept my apologies once again.

I'd edit my post the moment you point me to the demeaning word in my post with a proper definition of the word.

Kind regards sir...
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by gaby(m): 9:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Benekruku:

You can't make it in life.

Am just being blunt and truthful as child of God.

Better start thinking of using a loved one for money rituals

With all due respect, kindly submit the definition of almajiri, how it came to be and thrive in the North and you'd see my post taken down or edited. That is much easier than typing.

Incase you thrive better on insults, you'd sure regret the words you dropped for me.

I am a Niger Deltan, we weren't born with foul and vile tongues we learnt it growing up.

Our mummies hardly physically spanked us, they usually did by words of the mouth, so you can imagine.
Just giving you a tip my dear brother.

Please kindly refer to my post below and quit with the immature name-calling...common
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by JudasNaCarrot: 9:42am On Sep 10, 2018
NobodyKnows:

I didn’t know Umahia is now in the core north sha.
MadmAn
What did you smoke this morning?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Jaqenhghar: 9:42am On Sep 10, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
That is exactly what I'm saying....you guys have been in leadership yet it has not transformed your region,rather you are the most impoverished. You guys have dragged the whole of the country backwards with you just like a drowning man in the river.

I live in the core North so I'm not making up this story. Its a shame that we share same space with you people because you don't value human life and instead of advancement,you are retrogressive.
Thats becaise they are not enlightened.In my experiences I noticed they still have this old archaic notions of a leader. A leader should be this absolute ruler. A ruthless fearless dictator who should crush anyone who doesnt bow down to him. Pretty much like a king. That is why the likes of Abacha are still held in high esteem. they also believe that the government is reposnible for your welfare right down to what you eat whivh is unrealistic

3 Likes

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Naajjii: 9:43am On Sep 10, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
That is exactly what I'm saying....you guys have been in leadership yet it has not transformed your region,rather you are the most impoverished. You guys have dragged the whole of the country backwards with you just like a drowning man in the river.

I live in the core North so I'm not making up this story. Its a shame that we share same space with you people because you don't value human life and instead of advancement,you are retrogressive.
What are the advanced and enlightened people doing about the situation. Someone is dragging you backward (if there anything like that ) and you realised it yet you let it be. Is that not a failure as well.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Hotfreeze: 9:48am On Sep 10, 2018
hisexcellency34:
Igbos are the most politically enlightened. Allow Biafra republic and see the South East turn to Dubai in three years

Three years is too much, 4 days and it would turn to Amelika.

Ordinary 5 states you have, you can't manage properly and you're talking nonsense. Better go and pack gutter in Abia if you're feeling active this morning.

Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by mamaafrik(m): 9:51am On Sep 10, 2018
if you think the man is wrong,try speak with a northerner....,south is educated but....our peoples orientations is not skewed to be too interested in "who rules us and how he gets dere electionwise",do your research before quoting me.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by JudasNaCarrot: 9:51am On Sep 10, 2018
Naajjii:

What are the advanced and enlightened people doing about the situation. Someone is dragging you backward (if there anything like that ) and you realised it yet you let it be. Is that not a failure as well.
My friend we are not talking about your yeye Biafra here.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by pannyman(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2018
Hadone:
-

#Fake tweet.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by mandax: 9:56am On Sep 10, 2018
nairavsdollars:
Prince Tony Momoh, a national leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC ) and former Minister of Information in this interview with TEMIDAYO AKINSUYI speaks on the chances of President Muhammadu Buhari in the 2019 presidential election and other issues of national interests. Excerpts:

Afenifere and some civil society groups are asking President Muhammadu Buhari to reject the N45.5million APC presidential nomination form bought for him by a shadowy group, Nigeria Consolidation Ambassadors Network (NCAN). What is your perspective on this?

That is an expression of opinion. Afenifere and the other groups that are talking, are they members of APC? So, people have a right to comment on what is happening in the environment in which they live. I don’t grudge them and I can’t deny them of their right to freedom of expression. People bought forms for Buhari, it is for him to accept or not to accept. I don’t see anything wrong in anybody showing interest. Atiku Abubakar even shed tears and broke down emotionally when people presented him with PDP nomination form because he was overwhelmed by that show of love. So, it depends. Some people can even say ‘No, I don’t want the free forms. I am going to look for money myself’. Buhari may thank the group and say he doesn’t want and he may accept it and show gratitude. If I am Buhari, I will say thank you for the assistance. But I am not Buhari. So, it is left for the President to react on whether to accept the gesture or not.

But do you think it is morally right for people to purchase free forms for politicians?

What is wrong in that? The truth is that no one man can fund an election. You need help from others. Do you know what it cost to even say you want to be an elected person at any level even as a councilor? If you know that as a councilor, within 18 months, you can build a house and then buy a Jeep, what will you not do to accept that office? That is why I have been asking for restructuring which will make politics a service and not a business. But today, it is a business. It is only people like President Buhari who are unique in themselves because of their attitude to service where at the presidential primaries of the APC in Lagos in 2014, he said ‘People may want Dollars or Naira, I don’t have. Even if I have, I won’t give’. That is when money was flowing all over the place among the aspirants to the delegates; $2,000 per delegates. Yet, despite not giving out money, Buhari still won. This monetising of politics is what a lot of people are fighting against when they said there should be direct primaries instead of indirect. In Osun state, some delegates were even demanding N750,000, so we had to have a direct primary where all the party members voted. So, making politics less expensive is a task that we must attend to but as it is right now, it is a very expensive business.

You once said President Buhari will score more than 25 percent votes in the South- South and South- East. Given recent defections by key stakeholders in the region to your party, do you see your predictions coming true?

I have always told you that there are indicators to assess now so that by the time the results are declared, nobody will say the election was rigged. In 2015, it is only in my state, Edo that Buhari scored more than 25 percent. He had 46 percent of votes. All other states in the South- South and South- East, he did not get up to 15 percent votes anywhere. But this time, he will have more votes in those regions than he had in 2015. First of all, the results in those places were packaged; they were just written up and I know that.

How do you know that the results were written up?

They were written up. In the case of Anambra, Imo and other places, how can the president have 98 percent votes? There was no state where he had less than 97 percent votes yet the governors of those states did not have up to 60 percent votes. That is because the results were written up.

But people have always contested the results Buhari got in the North too that the result in Kano was written up. What is your perspective on that?

I can assure you there is massive voting in the North. In our area, during the 2011 presidential election, information came that the political leaders have decided that the region should be delivered to Goodluck Jonathan. I was the national chairman of Congress for Progressives Change (CPC) that time. Then we agreed that let our people vote according to their conscience. So, the writing up of results did not affect our area and we had the highest vote for Buhari in the whole of the South. We had about 29,000 votes but in all other places, they just wrote up the results. The whole of the South- West was overrun by the PDP because there was an agreement between CPC and Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) but it did not bear fruit. Even ACN then did not support their presidential candidate, Nuhu Ribadu. It was only Osun state that supported Ribadu. Even in Adamawa, Ribadu lost. We didn’t have money to have agents in the South-West, so many of CPC votes were packaged in Ghana-must-go bags and thrown away. PDP overran the South- West because in fairness, if there was an agreement between ACN and CPC, ACN had no obligation than to protect our votes in the South West because they didn’t even pay agents to protect their own votes. They abandoned Ribadu. Later, after the 2011 election, we decided that the only way to achieve meaningful results is not through alliances but through merger. I, national chairman of CPC we dissolved our party. ACN also dissolved their party, ANPP also did the same and we merged into APC. That is why I tell you that PDP forming CUPP, it cannot work unless they dissolve and call themselves CUPP; one party with one symbol. You will see, when primaries start, everything will scatter. Alliances can be broken even on the eve of election. So, it is a big sacrifice to dissolve yourself and merge into one group. That is why I said all these talks about youth coming together in 2019 is a fallacy, they won’t come together. PDP has about 15 aspirants but only one will emerge and I am telling you that one who emerges will have to look for money to prosecute federal election. None of them is going to bring his own money to say they want to support him. Again, the centre which PDP controlled and were raiding as the ruling party is no longer there to control now. In the South- South and South- East, people of high caliber are moving into APC. So, what we expect is that Buhari coming and winning in 2015 is because of the massive contribution of the South West which allow for the presence of 25 percent spread. We are going to have at least 25 percent votes because there is hardly any state in the South- South and South- East where Buhari will not have up to 25 percent. That is certain. And if there is going to be any rigging, it will not work because Buhari has said nobody should rig for him. if there is going to be any rigging, it will be in the favour of the incumbent, so we don’t have a disadvantage. Those who were rigging before and writing up results cannot now write up results for anybody and if they do, it will be for Buhari but the President have said nobody should write up results for me. If I lose, I will go. ‘

In the North, in spite of what anybody is saying, since 2003, Buhari has been winning the North even when there were PDP governors. So, why do you think it will change now that majority of the Northern governors are APC? They said they are fielding a northern candidate, what difference will that make?

So in essence, are you saying all the votes President Buhari scored in the North during the 2015 elections were legitimate, none was written up for him?

Yes, all his votes are legitimate. None was written up for him. In fact, his votes were deducted in 2011. I protested to INEC. They had in the computer a programmed to deduct votes and they said it was a mistake. In Kano, 10 percent of the votes were deducted especially when there was counting. We said they should count physically. They did that but votes counted physically were different from the others. In Katsina, it was the same thing. INEC admitted it was a programming error. The 2011 election was rigged yet we had that number of votes. Let me say this with all sense of responsibility that the Northerners, you can say they are illiterate but they are more politically enlightened than the average Southern voters. If you see the Fulani herdsman, one thing he has apart from his stick is a radio and he is listening to Hausa service. You have Hausa service in BBC, Radio France, Germany, Russia and America. The Northerners listen to radio more than they watch television or read newspapers. It was Maiguard (security guard) here in Lagos who told me that MKO Abiola had died on July 7 1998. I said no, they were talking of the man being released. He said BBC said Abiola has died. And it turned out to be true. That is my own maiguard. In the whole of the northern belt, from Cameroun down to Senegal, they speak Hausa. When I was Minister, I used Radio Kaduna short wave to reach Voice of Nigeria. So, let us not deceive ourselves, these people are more politically enlightened than the average Southerners. When it is time for voters registration, they go home to register. When it is time for election, they go home to vote. How many of my people here travel home to vote during elections? Look at social media for example. A lot of our people are very active on social media but social media don’t vote. Those who manage social media should go and have their PVC. It is only PVC that gives you what you want through expression of your civic right by voting. On the day of election, some of the elites don’t even get out to queue and vote. We sit down in our house and watch televisions. More than 80 million people have been registered by INEC to vote but I am telling you, not up to 40 million people will vote nationwide. So, northerners are more politically enlightened than us.

https://independent.ng/northerners-are-politically-enlightened-than-southerners-tony-momoh/

100% Truth that northerners are more politically enlightened than southerners in Nigeria.

That's why southerners have not been able to understand that the 19 states and Abuja proliferated in one northern region makes southerners quasi political slaves to northerners.

In a country formed by diverse regions, land mass is not used as yardstick to determine how many new political units can be created in any of the regions.

It was wrong and fraudulent to have used land mass as yardstick by northern soldiers to create 19 states and Abuja in one former northern region, but create only 17 states in the two former Southern regions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Naajjii: 9:59am On Sep 10, 2018
JudasNaCarrot:
My friend we are not talking about your yeye Biafra here.
Stop giving excuses Nigeria failure is all over both north and south contributed . No one is dragging you backward you are dragging yourself. What is that ? "Biafra"

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by slivertongue: 10:05am On Sep 10, 2018
hw has dat bettered dia lots?dey are d poorest&d most bakward because dey elect incompetent leaders.2me d Nort is pol blind
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by ifiokjohn(m): 10:06am On Sep 10, 2018
Is very easy for pdp to get at least 90 percent votes in the east. Just remind the easterners how buhari sent soldiers to come and dance python dance in their land..Which led to the death of their children, mothers,fathers,brothers and sisters..Remind them, open in them that hatred for buhari for all the killings and i tell you pdp will be cruising with atleast 95 percents votes in all eastern states.

Not forgetting the insults and disgrace brought about by the statue builder

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by ignant: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2018
Of what benefit are his claims to their people if at the end of the day, they remain the most poverty ridden, the most diseased, the most uneducated, the most violent, the most impervious to positivity?

If your people have had the most power yet, they remain at the lowest indices of all social and societal growth, then it is pitiful.
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by IbrahimDamola: 10:08am On Sep 10, 2018
Corrinthians:
Well, that is debatable. Their population works very well to their advantage. That doesn't necessarily mean they're more politically savvy.

I thought we yorubas use to say that the gambari muslims are more politically sophisticated than United states of America.

We all know that when education is destroyed in yorubaland and illiteracy breeds more zombies like we yoruba muslim ile kewuites, we can then become more politically powerful like our gambari northern compatriots.

Thank God Osun and Oyo are leading the way by destroying education and becoming more illiterate than war torn Borno and Yobe. It means we yorubas are making political progress and less education means more zombiefiable people in our region which translates to political power and unquestionable rulership by Jagaban and co. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by IbrahimDamola: 10:09am On Sep 10, 2018
Corrinthians:

My dear yoruba muslim brother, Na almajiri go read him book? Dem don read arabic finish? grin
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by ifiokjohn(m): 10:10am On Sep 10, 2018
ItsMeAboki:

Yet the same backward ppl you were disparaging have been ruling you lot for most of your miserable lives.

Pls tell me what does that say for your so called advancement and superior education - wise guy?
how can a ruler be more poor,backward,diseased, and dull than those they rule.
Pls tell me what does that say about their political enlightenment?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 10, 2018
lastmessenger:
I hate it when people just open mouth to say rubbish. Politics in Nigeria is all about religion, ethnicity and tribalism . It has never been about being enlightened or being smarter, It has always been about whether the president belong to the same tribe or religion.

And they still think being together is still a solution to a better Nigeria...

Trust me only in south you will see majority voting another tribe man....different religion because he thinks he will do better than his own tribe man...but they term it....we don't know politics and don't love our own
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by velocity25(m): 10:21am On Sep 10, 2018
with all the political enlightenment it's still the region with highest poverty rate in Nigeria. let me be going...
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 10, 2018
And they still think being together is still a solution to a better Nigeria...

Trust me only in south you will see majority voting another tribe man....different religion because he thinks he will do better than his own tribe man...but they term it....we don't know politics and don't love our own

But same people are shouting ONE NIGERIA

ONE NIGERIA IS NOT BY FORCE....THE AMALGAMATION HAS EXPIRED

#BIAFREXIT
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by AndLeo(m): 10:23am On Sep 10, 2018
True. Most southerners especially Igbos are not registered voter. The ones that are registered are not ready to vote. But housas know the value of their votes and will do everything possible to vote.

1 Like

Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 10, 2018
youngprofdguru:
To some extent this is quite true, I have tested both regions and i can attest to this.

And you think its a good thing and doing the zoo any good?
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by senatordave1(m): 10:27am On Sep 10, 2018
mrvitalis:
This is a known fact...... Especially my people the Igbos

The truth is forget the high number of votes that comes out from the south east

40% to 60% are not registered (the ones that do use it as an �)

Only about 20% to 30% of igbos vote
Your right.pdp usually inflated votes in the ss/se regions to rig out buhari.not up to 20% of voters come out in the ss/se they usually use rivers to counter kano
Re: Northerners Are More Politically Enlightened Than Southerners -Tony Momoh by gaby(m): 10:30am On Sep 10, 2018
Benekruku my brother and fellow Nigerian,

I have given you an opportunity above to educate me more about the Almajiri system, how it came about and is presently constituted.

I have also given you the opportunity to maturely retract your insults, unnecessary name-calling and tender an apology.

I gave myself the contract of suffering no fools to live, this is because I desire a better and more egalitarian Nigeria for you and I. We all must get sense because we share a common enemy.

I've grown beyond learning to talk or type, especially doling out insults trust me.

If you fail to retract your not so well thought through curse words and apologise, I promise you that by the time I'm done with you both you'd buy a very well knitted koboko on your way home to go use on your parents and politicians for bringing you and your ilks to such disrepute and ridicule.

If you were by any chance someone who could read, reason, process information and comprehend, you'd have noticed that I am an "Almajiri" like you, not by choice but made so by our thieving leaders and as such are fighting the same war.

You guys had better grow up and start changing the narrative. I was even happy that the likes of you now have access to the internet and by extension more information and hopeful you could start educating and changing the story, but here you chose to go insulting me.

Una dey learn work I swear..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PMB Felicitates With Cameroon’s President Biya On Inauguration For Another Term / Okowa: Delta Has No Plans To Stop Pensions To Past Governors And Their Deputies / Lagos Denies N500,000 Fine For COVID-19 Violators On Cross-over Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.