Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. (2817 Views)

Temie Giwa-Tubosun Wins $250K Jack Ma’s Netrepreneur Prize / Jet Li And China's Richest Man, Jack MA Arrives In Ghana In Style / Alibaba Co-founder Jack Ma Announces Plans To Retire At 54 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by TechCapon(m): 8:36am On Sep 10, 2018
TechCapon

One of the greatest tech titans from China Jack Ma has finally decided it’s time to step down and focus on philanthropy but will remain on Alibaba board of directors according to New York Times. Jack Ma co-founded Alibaba, parent company to Aliexpress in 1999 and has helped built it into a $420 billion company and has almost one billion customers around the world. Alibaba has over 20,000 employees and sells everything you can think of including electronics, cement, shoes, vehicles, tech gadgets etc. Apart from selling goods and services, Alibaba group also handles digital payments, online banking, cloud computing and digital media and entertainment.

Top 10 facts about Jack Ma

1. The story of Jack Ma is a typical story of grass to grace. He comes from abject poverty.

2. He is one of the richest men in China with a networth of $40B according to Fortune magazine.

3. He used to be an English teacher.

4. Jack Ma failed his university-entrance exam twice, and was rejected from dozens of jobs, including one at KFC.

5. At the World Economic Forum in 2016, Jack Ma revealed he has even been rejected from Harvard University 10 times!

6. Ma’s first search on Google was “beer,” but he was surprised to find that no Chinese beers showed up in the results. It was then that he decided to found an internet company for China.

7. After his first two ventures failed, four years later he assembled 17 of his friends in his apartment and convinced them to invest in his vision for an online marketplace he called “Alibaba.”

8. In 2005, Yahoo invested $1 billion in Alibaba in exchange for about a 40% stake in the company.

9. In 2016, the Alibaba recorded nearly $18 billion in sales in 24 hours.

10. He has 2 children , a boy and a girl. His wife Zhang said this about him: “[He] is not a handsome man, but I fell for him because he can do a lot of things handsome men cannot do,”

SOURCE:https://techcapon.com/billionaire-boss-of-alibaba-jack-ma-announce-retirement-10-facts-about-him/

lalasticlala
mynd44
dominique

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by upower123(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2018
Wow... Fantastic... Successful men have many stories of failure
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Fundango: 8:52am On Sep 10, 2018
all i can say is WOWgrin
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by michlins(m): 8:57am On Sep 10, 2018
[He] is not a handsome man, but I fell for him because he can do a lot of things handsome men cannot do,”

Women are same everywhere.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by TechCapon(m): 9:16am On Sep 10, 2018
michlins:
[He] is not a handsome man, but I fell for him because he can do a lot of things handsome men cannot do,”

you took the words right out of my mouth grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Chriswazo(m): 9:39am On Sep 10, 2018
michlins:

I tell you, both the church and club ones, I think this their traits have something to do with a single person being in possession of two x-chromosomes. This is especially for our generation. The girl that you think is exceptional is only coding and waiting for the right time to manifest.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Leun: 9:45am On Sep 10, 2018

His wife Zhang said this about him: “[He] is not a handsome man, but I fell for him because he can do a lot of things handsome men cannot do,”

Ladies take cue.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Nobody: 10:04am On Sep 10, 2018
Calm down baba.

He’s retiring in 2019, not today.
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by blingxx(m): 10:14am On Sep 10, 2018
10. tho.... smart woman undecided... who handsome epp

3 Likes

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 10, 2018
no 4.... means we should never give up to all the youths in nigeria
this goverment can never #stop_us
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Ennyholar: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2018
Jack Ma
The richest man in China
Who is following the uefa nation league
Italy have won five of their last six meetings with Portugal.

Can they do it again tonight In the U #UEFANationsLeague

Bet on the Azzurri here � www.betway.com.ng #BetwayDaily

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by DonroxyII: 12:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
All they did was to fill the void, show me my own void to fill oh Lord .... I wanna own up too cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by TechCapon(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:

I tell you, both the church and club ones, I think this their traits have something to do with a single person being in possession of two x-chromosomes. This is especially for our generation. The girl that you think is exceptional is only coding and waiting for the right time to manifest.
grin
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by TechCapon(m): 12:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
upower123:
Wow... Fantastic... Successful men have many stories of failure
true talk
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Bimpe29: 3:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
No Struggle, No Success.
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Dreyl(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
He followed his dreams and made it in life.
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by ednut1(m): 4:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
michlins:

they married in the 80s oga. He had no money then. For kfc to hv rejected him den he must have been damn ugly and with no swag. Bt d gal gree for am

2 Likes

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by anochuko01(m): 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
DonroxyII:
All they did was to fill the void, show me my own void to fill oh Lord
instead of the usual "lord kill my enemies",
your prayer is the greatest prayer for anyone who seeks real wealth! its worth days of fasting sef!

4 Likes

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Gerrard59(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
The man behind his success is Japan's Masayoshi Son - $20 million investment in 2001; now worth billions. Kudos to Son. Hopefully his Vision Fund does same as we move on.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by eleojo23: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nice
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by lawrence35(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
Jack Ma has open doors for us....

He deserves some acolades....

Start dropshipping from AliExpress today for cash.... See my signature.
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Martinez19(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chriswazo:

As in. This is spot on.

1 Like

Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by damtan(m): 6:35pm On Sep 10, 2018
michlins:

Guy, you ehnn smiley smiley cool
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Rexflames: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
he hasnt retired yet till next year september
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by directonpc(m): 8:07pm On Sep 10, 2018
Wow, so he is retiring as CEO.
OP nice post!
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by Miracle4Sure: 8:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Jack Ma.....What a great man!
Re: Checkout Top 10 Facts About Jack Ma. by miraycool(m): 8:25pm On Sep 10, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Glycerine And Ethanol In Lagos / Promote Your Business On Whatsapp. / Saipem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.