Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,645 members, 7,958,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 08:08 AM

How To Turn Your TV Into A Smart TV - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How To Turn Your TV Into A Smart TV (2517 Views)

My Experience Using A Smart TV / I Have A Smart Tv, Never Knew I Was Wasting Money On Dstv / Turn Your Ordinary Tv To A Smart Tv Using Ip10g Android Smart Tv Dongle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn Your TV Into A Smart TV by 3mmyz(m): 8:50am On Sep 10, 2018
SmartTV is not a new thing in the TV industry, It's been making waves and it's one of the most trendy techs movement of this generation, we so love the screens but more if they're smarter. Everything is becoming smart these days, smart phones, homes, doors, generators and now Smart TVs.

Smart TV according to Wikipedia, is a television set with integrated Internet and interactive " Web 2.0 " features. Smart TV is a technological convergence between computers and flat screen television sets and setup boxes.

Well the good things about Smart TV is that you can make your old Cathode ray tube (CRT) TV sets behave smart, but not with the looks though, just the functions.

Basically there are now better TV sets with a slash in the panel size, TVs like Light Emitting Diode (LED) TV, Organic LED and LCDs are more efficient, clearer in resolutions, lighter and trendy than the latter CRT. LED TVs are gradually transcending into OLED TVs and most of us aren't even done with our DLPs, Plasma and CRTs.

This new TVs are braced with ports of different uses, ports CRT didn't have, the likes of USB, HDMI and even Ethernet ports.

More so clarity/resolution is what makes a TV 'look' smart. Inches 2K, 3K, 4K and beyond have quite good transmission of imagery. HD displays is one crucial factor for rendering a TV set smart. Talk of 1080p and above, lemme rest there.

What is lacking in making your TV Smart are setup boxes and maybe flat screen for CRTs and PDPs. Imagine your TV sets without DVDs, i mean the good ol days when there weren't any USB ports. Aside the antenna the TV would be kinda useless. See Smart TVs as a Notebook/Laptops and a Ordinary TVs as just a monitor.

How To Make a Smart TV. A Transition to "SmartTVision"

Here are the easy steps

1. Your TV should have a HDMI port, i mean like a USB port but with an advance look on the head, call it "ogor".

You can find the ports at the rear or by the sides, TVs with ports on the sides are bae tho.

You can consult your manual or even try googling if you still didn't identify it.

Plot twist; If you didn't find the HDMI port, you can simply get a HDMI to RCA adapter. You can find it at online stores and offline electronics retailers.

2. I assume you now have a HDMI port, now get a HDMI cable and a setup box. This time not a DVD! Get an Android or an Apple TV Box.

3. Now get your Setup box close to the TV, so the HDMI cable would fit right in.

Ensure it's not hidden so it doesn't get overheated and so that you could use the remote on it.

4. Turn on your TV set and go to HDMI channel then WALA, complete the setup and you have yourself a smart TV.

Note that these setup boxes such as Android, Apple & Amazon TV have similarities, they all can access the internet and download too, play games and Lot's more.
Extras: You can also watch Netflix, YouTube and other online steaming services. They also have physical storage memory, 32GB or more

When you make your own smart TV, you get to choose the OS it goes by e.g Android, iOS, etc.
That's a gain, literally a win win.

I'm not discouraging y'all to not buy smart TVs but it's for budgetary reasons. Let the coat be proportional to the material at hand.

Source:
https://www.gklited.com/2018/09/how-to-turn-your-tv-into-smart-tv.html

1 Like

Re: How To Turn Your TV Into A Smart TV by Anabelle91: 10:15pm On Apr 13, 2020
I thought the only thing you can do in order to make your simple TV become a smart TV is to buy a new one grin However, I've recently discovered an article reviewing hdmi to rca converter. RCA Converters are usually hard to find, I mean, qualitative ones. This article reviews the best reliable converters and a special guide in the end may help to choose the most suitable one. I've chosen Tendak HDMI2AV as it suits even old tvs. So, try to check this article. hope it'll be useful for you!
Re: How To Turn Your TV Into A Smart TV by davidblack007(m): 7:26pm On Apr 17, 2020
Anabelle91:
I thought the only thing you can do in order to make your simple TV become a smart TV is to buy a new one grin However, I've recently discovered an article reviewing hdmi to rca converter. RCA Converters are usually hard to find, I mean, qualitative ones. This article reviews the best reliable converters and a special guide in the end may help to choose the most suitable one. I've chosen Tendak HDMI2AV as it suits even old tvs. So, try to check this article. hope it'll be useful for you!
Do these guys provide discounts?

(1) (Reply)

Chioma Chukwuka Vs Maureen Solomon / Help With Modern Comm. Ltd Mcl Frequency / Zee Addicts Get Inside Now!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.