Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities (5141 Views)

Buhari Declares Zamfara No Fly-zone, Bans Mining Activities / Ban On Mining Activities Won’t Last Long — Minister / FG Begins Probe Of Mining Activities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by MiningNG: 11:18am On Sep 10, 2018
The FCT Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) on Friday confirmed the information about the earth tremor witnessed in some parts of the F.C.T.

They were also quick to assure residents of the F.C.T that there was no likelihood of earthquake within the territory and the country, adding that the earth tremor was only in Mpappe and its environs on Thursday.

Residents of the Federal Capital Territory were alarmed by the sudden shake of the earth in the affected areas which was their first experience in many years. The tremor instilled fear in the residents, resulting to confusion about the cause of the terrific happenings around them.

The Director-General of the Agency, Mr Abass Idris, had said there is no cause for alarm. In a press statement; He informed occupants of the FCT that the earth tremor is a sign of seismic movement within the earth. This is often caused by sudden breaks along a fault line which results in sudden release of energy that makes the ground to shake.

FEMA also stated that it is caused by stress in underground rocks and may be due to rock blasting and mining activities within the area.

“We are urging all residents to calm down and be rest assured that the abnormal situation would soon stop.”

https://www.miningng.com/fema-associates-tremor-in-abuja-to-mining-activities/

Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Akorkor(f): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2018
First to comment after so many years on nairaland. I dedicate this to myself and all other well wishers grin grin grin grin.

I think many peeps in the northern part of nigeria needs to be educated on the effect of irregular mining they are doing.

4 Likes

Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by fakuta(f): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2018
K
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by lathrowinger: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2018
After tremor, plz what next? Earthquake
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by baputu: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2018
Hmmm sad
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by blree: 11:47am On Sep 10, 2018
This is serious
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by ojietu: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2018
Everyday different reason
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2018
naija like to play the blame game.. nobody likes to take responsibility
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by subchris(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2018
are they sure?
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by luvure: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2018
God Help Us
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Dpharisee: 11:49am On Sep 10, 2018
Finally the truth is coming out and not the long grammars they have dishing out. The tremors are from rock blasting activities of quarry companies in that location. Residents can sue companies like Julius Berger who own quarries there for damages resulting from their activities

1 Like

Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Sarkin: 11:50am On Sep 10, 2018
Ipob plan will not work
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by DaV8King(m): 11:50am On Sep 10, 2018
Inexperienced miners overloading explosives is very plausible.

However, why no/poor supervision to prevent it anyway?

FG and reaction vs action sef

Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by ednut1(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2018
Mining has been going on in ogun zamfara plataue ebonyi etc. But no tremor . Mk una dey lie
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Richeiboy(m): 11:55am On Sep 10, 2018
In case it happens, my major concern is that, they should go to heaven. RIP in advance.

1 Like

Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by gaby(m): 12:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
We all are in God's hands because you lot just might not be sure what is truly happening.

Very obvious!

Are you a politician or know anyone running for an elective position, one who cares about the youths and their well being in his State/ Constituency? Are you an NGO, an individual or business organisation who would want to make an impression on the youths by way of your CSR while also having an opportunity to create an image for yourself, business and organisation as one who refused to watch and not take action while the youths are wasting away. You have an opportunity to order for customised copies of my book in my signature. I am offering you a chance to put a picture of you or your organisation with the words" copy sponsored and supported by you/organisation" for distribution as you desire.
There is no better way to get your campaign statement or vision out there than through this book. There is no smarter way to advertise your business than this opportunity.
My contact is on my profile. Spread the word and let's take a stand and leave an indelible mark on the sands of history.

Enjoy my siggy
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by zlantanfan: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Mpappe dey abuja wonderful
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
Where are the documents to prove that?
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Mankosi: 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
ojietu:
Everyday different reason
they are just confused like their master
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Olukat(m): 12:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
Is FEMA responsible for Nigeria geological activities?
This country is doomed.

3 Likes

Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by peheyisi1: 12:27pm On Sep 10, 2018
People should not panic. No earth quake coming at all
Re: FEMA Associates Tremor In Abuja To Mining Activities by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
Dpharisee:
Finally the truth is coming out and not the long grammars they have dishing out. The tremors are from rock blasting activities of quarry companies in that location. Residents can sue companies like Julius Berger who own quarries there for damages resulting from their activities
I can't believe such a a scrap from FERMA, my brother. There's another earth tremor that people of Saki in Oyo State were said to be living with for months right at the heart of the town. Mining couldn't be given as the factor responsible for its intermittent occurrence, as no mining activities is taking place within the area. Though, I learnt it has stopped.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SHOKER! Nigerian Pastor Calls President Buhari A Bastard. Video / List Of State Governors Not Willing To Pay N30,000 Minimum Wage & Their Excuse / Ignore Intimidation Troop Out And Vote , Secondus Urges Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.