Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 PM

Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly (17551 Views)

Liberia Vs Nigeria: World Cup Qualifiers - 0 - 2 (Full Time) / NFF Releases Super Eagles Squad List For Friendly Against Brazil. / Seychelles Vs Nigeria: Rohr Warns Super Eagles As 18 Players Hit Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Spanner4(m): 3:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
Let's see what coach Nigga rohr has to offer this time
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by bastien: 3:17pm On Sep 10, 2018
Niyinficient:

The best era of Nigerian football is when the home-based dominate the national team. As recent as 2013 AFCON Triumph, the few home based still made the diff. Talents abound in the country. We cant continue to ignore them if we want the league to improve. The last two seasons, the league recorded good numbers in viewership and followership, no one gave the boys any chance...We saw how useless Ighalo, Joel Obi, Onazi and co were before the world cup, then we say the home-based friendly against Athletico, and we clearly saw the differences. So whats ur point?
that was then, the home base players are not consistent! They are just like nepa on my neighbourhood. Where is Sunday Mba and Co from 2013? Where is that dude that won the golden boot last season in the NPL? Ezenwa had a good spell during his introduction to the first team, but wasn't consistent and we brought in 19yrs old. After Brazil, Nigeria are 2nd when it comes players around the road, we just have to pick the best around in good leagues and maybe add few players from the NPL.
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Niyinficient(m): 3:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
bastien:
that was then, the home base players are not consistent! They are just like nepa on my neighbourhood. Where is Sunday Mba and Co from 2013? Where is that dude that won the golden boot last season in the NPL? Ezenwa had a good spell during his introduction to the first team, but wasn't consistent and we brought in 19yrs old. After Brazil, Nigeria are 2nd when it comes players around the road, we just have to pick the best around in good leagues and maybe add few players from the NPL.

And it is that few i am clamouring for. Pick them first...see what Junior Lokosa played in the few minutes given to him before the world cup. The nigga impressed...why drop such players afterwards? groom them...expose them to more games! Whenever i watch MFM play against any team at the Agege stadium, i jsut shake my head at people who dont watch our league yet come online to spew thrash! There abound much talents in the league!
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by bastien: 3:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
Niyinficient:

And it is that few i am clamouring for. Pick them first...see what Junior Lokosa played in the few minutes given to him before the world cup. The nigga impressed...why drop such players afterwards? groom them...expose them to more games! Whenever i watch MFM play against any team at the Agege stadium, i jsut shake my head at people who dont watch our league yet come online to spew thrash! There abound much talents in the league!
in not saying there is no talent in the NPL, I'm saying they are not consistent and can't match up to their European based rivals. I'm gonna give you a clear example, if you look very well of how little clubs from other countries are tearing our naija club in caf champions league and confederation, they you understand that we lack the right equipment to improve our home based players. Why the European countries are leading South Americans now is because of good facilities and tactics. They are very technically sound, they will knock you all round the pitch without losing focus. Imagine fielding our home based against Iceland? Let alone Croatia.

2 Likes

Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Niyinficient(m): 3:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
bastien:
in not saying there is no talent in the NPL, I'm saying they are not consistent and can't match up to their European based rivals. I'm gonna give you a clear example, if you look very well of how little clubs from other countries are tearing our naija club in caf champions league and confederation, they you understand that we lack the right equipment to improve our home based players. Why the European countries are leading South Americans now is because of good facilities and tactics. They are very technically sound, they will knock you all round the pitch without losing focus. Imagine fielding our home based against Iceland? Let alone Croatia.

Infrastructurally, u are correct. We have to keep encouraging them till we get things right. Afelokhai is better than Akpeyi and Uzoho combined, yet he is based here, not all European based players are better than the home based. I will pick Sikiru Olatubosun, Mfon Udoh, Lokosa over Ighalo, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi over Joel Obi and Onazi....the list goes on.!
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by CreamyBanana(m): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2018
Niyinficient:
This Rohr or Roar should stop killing our football. How can a national team be devoid of home based players? how are we suppose to grow as a footballing nation then? I thought as the head coach, he supposed to help develop our football but citing the right talents.....i weak for this man o

Do we even have a quality league to start with?
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Alezy(m): 4:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
histemple:

Tammy Abraham is a big fool for refusing to play for Nigeria.
Believe me, that guy needs Nigeria more than we need him. He is less than an average player.
true talk
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Bonapart(m): 6:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
histemple:

Tammy Abraham is a big fool for refusing to play for Nigeria.
Believe me, that guy needs Nigeria more than we need him. He is less than an average player.
as for me I don't even want him for the super eagles. I will pick Ighalo over Tammy Abraham any time any day.
Zero talent and less hungry
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Niyinficient(m): 6:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
CreamyBanana:

Do we even have a quality league to start with?

Define quality to begin with
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Gordonz07(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nice Nigerian squad to deal with Liberian team. grin
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by RexTramadol1: 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
Crappy list

Where is OUR star player
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by histemple: 5:58am On Sep 11, 2018
Niyinficient:

The best era of Nigerian football is when the home-based dominate the national team. As recent as 2013 AFCON Triumph, the few home based still made the diff. Talents abound in the country. We cant continue to ignore them if we want the league to improve. The last two seasons, the league recorded good numbers in viewership and followership, no one gave the boys any chance...We saw how useless Ighalo, Joel Obi, Onazi and co were before the world cup, then we say the home-based friendly against Athletico, and we clearly saw the differences. So whats ur point?

I doubt if you followed Nigerian football for long. The best era of Nigeria football is from 1993-1998.

During that era Nigeria qualified for the FIFA world cup for the very first time.

During this period, Nigeria won the African Nations Cup, the Olympics gold medal in Atlanta, added to the U17 world cup winning side that produced players like Wilson Oruma, Kanu Nwankwo, Victor Ikpeba etc.

During that era, three Nigerian players (Yekini-94, Kanu-96, Ikpeba-97) won the best footballer in Africa

During that era the Super Eagles were ranked 5th in the world by FIFA.
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by bastien: 7:52am On Sep 11, 2018
Niyinficient:

Infrastructurally, u are correct. We have to keep encouraging them till we get things right. Afelokhai is better than Akpeyi and Uzoho combined, yet he is based here, not all European based players are better than the home based. I will pick Sikiru Olatubosun, Mfon Udoh, Lokosa over Ighalo, Ifeanyi Ifeanyi over Joel Obi and Onazi....the list goes on.!
I will look out those names you mentioned. But for now, Ighalo doesn't have rival, just like Giroud in the French team, you might not see what he brings to the team but the coaching crew knows better.
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Niyinficient(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2018
bastien:
I will look out those names you mentioned. But for now, Ighalo doesn't have rival, just like Giroud in the French team, you might not see what he brings to the team but the coaching crew knows better.

i defended Ighalo with all my football sense after his worldcup misses...but truth is, football is more than power. He took the game to the Argentine defenders at the worldcup, something Nacho could not do, but what is the essence of troubling defenders and failing to take your chances? We need to be ruthless in front of goal. I agree the coaching crew knows better but not all the time, there is the place of politics e.g Echeijile, Obi and Onazi!
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by Niyinficient(m): 8:54am On Sep 11, 2018
histemple:

I doubt if you followed Nigerian football for long. The best era of Nigeria football is from 1993-1998.

During that era Nigeria qualified for the FIFA world cup for the very first time.

During this period, Nigeria won the African Nations Cup, the Olympics gold medal in Atlanta, added to the U17 world cup winning side that produced players like Wilson Oruma, Kanu Nwankwo, Victor Ikpeba etc.

During that era, three Nigerian players (Yekini-94, Kanu-96, Ikpeba-97) won the best footballer in Africa

During that era the Super Eagles were ranked 5th in the world by FIFA.

Uncle please read what i wrote again. Even the Indomie generation knows 'that' was our best era. I am fully aware of this, i only said home based players were really utilized during this era. In case you thought i was referring to 2013 when we won the AFCON, then you need to improve on your comprehension ability. Good morning to you.
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by bastien: 3:50pm On Sep 11, 2018
Niyinficient:

i defended Ighalo with all my football sense after his worldcup misses...but truth is, football is more than power. He took the game to the Argentine defenders at the worldcup, something Nacho could not do, but what is the essence of troubling defenders and failing to take your chances? We need to be ruthless in front of goal. I agree the coaching crew knows better but not all the time, there is the place of politics e.g Echeijile, Obi and Onazi!
there is politics in all national football team trust me. Calling Echeijile was what I don't understand, Joel Obi, dude was a baller he lost it to several injures, I will still give him chance. But Onazi? That guy shouldn't be playing football.... We have better midfield mastero, both local n international, everytime I see Onazi being called up,i just shake my head.

What can we do.? We just have to provide the support they need and qualify for the nation's Cup
Re: Liberia Vs Nigeria: Rohr Announces 18-Man Squad For Friendly by alomeda600(m): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Which station on gotv pls

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cape Verde Renames National Stadium In Honour Of Pele / 5 Reasons Why Nigeria Must Win Against Cameroon / 28 Players Invited To Flying Eagles Camp [full List]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.