Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,300 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output (15408 Views)

Tuition Fees For New (100L) Covenant University Students 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by pascal558(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
F.F.O Orumwense what are you doing to Uniben? #OSHODIN got to see this!

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by qanda: 5:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Good
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by sanandreas(m): 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
Great Futmx representing

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
It just must be my Alma mater.
UI all the way.
Recte sapere fons

3 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by darkid1(m): 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
HigherEd:
UI = 950/114 dept = 8 publications/dept

OAU = 550/88 = 6 pub/dept

CU = 500/32 = 15 publications/dept - we the boss cheesy

Tell them ooo... We no too dey make noise ..na results de rush us

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by viki84(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
pls someone enlighten me on this
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by mamotalk: 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2018
Which way now?
Consequences of research bring good things in better clime
What do we have here? Darkness, bad road, poor human development capacity etc
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by subcbouy: 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2018
madridsta007:

Quite sad that UNN is not on the list.
For those into research, it’s clear. You make that list when research and not politics is the direction of the University.
UNN should implement student publications on Elsevier lol. UNN- the school with Lion's heart.
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
It must be Greatest UI noww.. Others are our satellite campuses. cheesy

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Unity19(m): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2018
Thank you for this further analysis. I graduated from OAU, however, i can boldly say Covenant University will soon overtake most of our prestigious universities if care is not taking. CU is to a large extent doing a great job. Kudos to CU

HigherEd:

6 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Lyns32uk(m): 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2018
wolesmile:
Recte sapere fons
A55

A proud UITE!!!

A Tedderite always, 'cos once, I was;
And once a Tedderite, always one!!!

A Loyal Sigmite...
A Whole Man!!!
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by ORIENTATION101: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2018
unto next one
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Nltaliban(m): 6:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
wolesmile:
Recte sapere fons

A proud UITE!!!

A Loyal Sigmite...
A Whole Man!!!

Wawu

I'm a uite and a tedderite grin

2 Likes

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by yemmybx(m): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
wolesmile:
Recte sapere fons

A proud UITE!!!

A Loyal Sigmite...
A Whole Man!!!
Greatest UITE
A proud ZIKITE
I was once a Sigmite
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by DookShop: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
HigherEd:

Quit being petty. �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by yemmybx(m): 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
wolesmile:
Recte sapere fons

A proud UITE!!!

A Loyal Sigmite...
A Whole Man!!!
Greatest UITE!
A proud ZIKITE
I was once a Sigmite

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Reussite: 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:
Please enjoy my signature kiss
U write stories too? wink Cool
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by jolyment: 6:41pm On Sep 10, 2018
Alzirida:
A country where funding in Education is abysmal.
The little that goes in are swindled by University Dons.

Privatize all federal Universities
Let government have 20% stake.

While FG should concentrate more on technical schools and craft centers

If it is privatize ,some of us cannot afford it because it will be expensive.
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2018
Research you say??...
Well I hope one of them includes a research on the concept of floating milkshakes. lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by luminouz(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
lamidebaby:
It must be Greatest UI noww.. Others are our satellite campuses. cheesy
So ur a UIte
Really cool!!!

But..ermmm... naso u black in real life tongue
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by madridsta007(m): 6:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
subcbouy:
UNN should implement student publications on Elsevier lol. UNN- the school with Lion's heart.

Agreed.
In my University, publishing 6 papers before graduation is part of your higher degree. 3 conference and 3 journal papers. Nigerian Universities need to implement that at MSc and PhD level as a prerequisite for passing. Even if it’s just one. Who is the Minister for Education sef?
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by HigherEd: 7:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
madridsta007:

Agreed.
In my University, publishing 6 papers before graduation is part of your higher degree. 3 conference and 3 journal papers. Nigerian Universities need to implement that at MSc and PhD level as a prerequisite for passing. Even if it’s just one. Who is the Minister for Education sef?
which school is that?
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by LaExpert: 7:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
Alzirida:
A country where funding in Education is abysmal.
The little that goes in are swindled by University Dons.

Privatize all federal Universities
Let government have 20% stake.

While FG should concentrate more on technical schools and craft centers

If privatized, the fees will be unbearable for most people.

Have you thought about that?
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by lloyds(m): 7:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
Covenant University is obviously going to dust all Nigerian University by far in the next few years.

The kind of excellent and efficient drive that God gave that man Oyedepo is something else.

I attend Redeem, but I tell you CU is on a strong course.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by kaziblaq: 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2018
Anything that has the hand of God does, will always always stand out.
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Adelaide2: 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
madridsta007:

Quite sad that UNN is not on the list.
For those into research, it’s clear. You make that list when research and not politics is the direction of the University.

Who made the list you are referencing. David Olaleye. Now who is David Olaleye? No Nigerian university, from A to Z is worth anything when it comes to contemporary research. They publish JUNK. How do I know? I know because I am in the system outside of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by vindisick: 7:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
If every school in Nigeria makes it a policy for every Post Graduate student to publish at least one journal from their thesis/desertation before graduation, the number of international publications in Nigeria will be much higher.
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Yomit71(m): 7:52pm On Sep 10, 2018
adioolayi:
Higher degrees are attached to numbers of manuscripts you can produce in a sane university that is serious with her researches. e.g. minimum of 3 publications for MSc and 4-5 for PhD. That's is how SouthAfrican universites can have thousands of article in a year.
In Nigeria, our researchers doesn't even have research area of interest, not to talk of mentoring their students to publish. Students are just after the degree.
absolutely right, my lecturer even go to the extent of publishing my project research by himself & ask me to add a little sum. I ask him will there be any profit....i declined�
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by vindisick: 7:57pm On Sep 10, 2018
Adelaide2:

Who made the list you are referencing. David Olaleye. Now who is David Olaleye? No Nigerian university, from A to Z is worth anything when it comes to contemporary research. They publish JUNK. How do I know? I know because I am in the system outside of Nigeria.
Some researchers in Nigeria have their Publications in high impact journals indexed in DOAJ and Thomson Reuters outside Nigeria. I will like to know what classifies as junk papers to you.
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by RexTramadol1: 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2018
Chai........ distant second no good

Lemme publish something
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by Shortyy(f): 8:14pm On Sep 10, 2018
Reussite:

U write stories too? wink Cool
Yea.. what do you think? About the story so far..
Re: University Of Ibadan, OAU, Covenant Lead Nigeria's Total Research Output by madridsta007(m): 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
Adelaide2:

LOL.
And you think I’m in the system inside Nigeria? Sir, I’m published in 6.1 IF journals in my field— and I say this with humility. I understand the limitations which Nigerian researchers operate in and my arguments were defined within the scope of Nigeria— and not globally. It will take a while before they catch up to global best practices. Let them first compete within West Africa and Africa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Unaab 2nd Batch Admission List Is Out / What You Passed Through Before You Were Admitted / Primary 1 To S.S.3- Did You Recieve Up To 400 Strokes Of Cane?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.