Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,887 members, 7,810,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:30 AM

Meet 28-year Old Amputee Model With One Leg Who Walked The Runway At NYFW (pics) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Meet 28-year Old Amputee Model With One Leg Who Walked The Runway At NYFW (pics) (1178 Views)

Teddy-A, Mike & Ike Walked The Runway At The Lagos Fashion Week 2019 / Tiwa Savage Walks The Runway At New York Fashion Week (NYFW) / Taofeek Abijako Is The Youngest Designer To Ever Present At NYFW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet 28-year Old Amputee Model With One Leg Who Walked The Runway At NYFW (pics) by EzegeNG: 2:18pm On Sep 10, 2018
A young model who happens to be an amputee has walked the runway at New York Fashion week, inspiring many people.

The prestigious New York Fashion week is currently ongoing. The fashion week has been a show of inclusion and diversity with the models who walked the runway.
The runway has featured a hijab-wearing woman, breast cancer survivor, women of different shapes and skin colours, and LGBTQ+ identities.

One of the women featured was Mama Cax, a 28-year old amputee and activist who walked the runway in a yellow-and-black swim look.
Cax was diagnosed with bone and lung cancer at 14 and her right leg was amputated from the hip soon after.

“I probably waited a good three years before going to a swimming pool or even the beach, and that was mostly due to the fact that I was never comfortable in my body,” she told Vogue.
Cax, who was featured on the cover of Teen Vogue, also said:

“The messages I’ve been getting since [the story dropped], I’m getting chills just talking about it. I was doing an event the other day with a lot of girls with limb differences and in wheelchairs. They never see someone who looks like them on the cover of a magazine or on a runway, so for them, it means quite a lot.”

She added: “I was very athletic before my surgery, and after I wanted to keep that going, so I found different adaptive sports” like wheelchair basketball and rock climbing, Cax said.
“Surfing was the next thing that I took on. I’m still learning, still pushing myself,” she said

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/meet-28-year-old-amputee-model-with-one-leg-who-walked-the-runway-at-nyfw-pics/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Meet 28-year Old Amputee Model With One Leg Who Walked The Runway At NYFW (pics) by ladyF(f): 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
Nice
Re: Meet 28-year Old Amputee Model With One Leg Who Walked The Runway At NYFW (pics) by AnikeAyaOba(f): 2:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
so touching.... Al amdulilahi....

1 Like

Re: Meet 28-year Old Amputee Model With One Leg Who Walked The Runway At NYFW (pics) by YoungDaNaval(m): 6:05pm On Sep 10, 2018
She has three boobs

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Actress Ini Edo Shares Sultry Photo / #10yearschallenge: Nigerian Big Boy, Mompha Shares 10 Years Throwback Photo / "I Regret Abandoning My Family For Shatta Wale" - Michy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.