Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,243 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Bimbo Ashiru, APC Guber Aspirant Resigns From Amosun’s Cabinet - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bimbo Ashiru, APC Guber Aspirant Resigns From Amosun’s Cabinet (408 Views)

Edo Labour Party Guber Aspirant, Resigns From Party Over Corruption Concerns / Ogun Group Petitions IGP On Release Of Vehicles Seized From Amosun's Supporters / We Must Rescue Ogun Workers From Amosun, Says NLC President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bimbo Ashiru, APC Guber Aspirant Resigns From Amosun’s Cabinet by afroniger: 9:51pm On Sep 10, 2018
http://thenationonlineng.net/bimbo-ashiru-apc-guber-aspirant-resigns-from-amosuns-cabinet/

By Ernest Nwokolo, Abeokuta

The Ogun State Commissioner for Commerce and Industry, Otunba Bimbo Ashiru, has resigned his appointment in the cabinet of Governor Ibikunle Amosun to pursue his governorship ambition on the platform of All Progressives Congress (APC).

Ashiru has obtained the APC nomination form for governorship primaries of the party to be conducted on September 25, 2018.
The longest serving Commissioner in Amosun’s cabinet, who is reported to have facilitated over 320 manufacturing companies berthing in the state, submitted his resignation letter to the office of the Secretary to the State Government on Monday morning.

The former commissioner, who hails from Ijebu-Ode in Ogun East senatorial district, confirmed the resignation to reporters and lauded the governor and Ogun State for the opportunity to serve as one of Commissioners deployed to one of sensitive ministries in the state.

“Yes, I have tendered my resignation letter this morning to pursue my governorship ambition. You will recall that my people from Ijebu and Remo picked me as a consensus governorship candidate since last year, they also bought me an APC nomination form recently to contest for the seat.

“So, I must heed the clarion call from the good people of Ijebu-Remo to further serve my fatherland in higher capacity, and as a true son of my father and laws abiding citizen, I must quit my present office to be able to fully partake in the primaries as directed by our party – All Progressives Congress (APC).

“I therefore expressed my appreciation to the governor and all good of Ogun state for allowing me to serve my fatherland meritoriously. I am looking forward to your usual support as I step forward for next move which is governorship seat,” he said.

Mynd44,
Lalasticlala,
OAM4J
Re: Bimbo Ashiru, APC Guber Aspirant Resigns From Amosun’s Cabinet by bedspread: 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2018
I thought Ogun State Apc had a Consensus candidate?
Re: Bimbo Ashiru, APC Guber Aspirant Resigns From Amosun’s Cabinet by mamotalk: 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Drama will always be the trademark of Nigerian politicians and their image makers.
Over 300 manufacturing industries but unemployment level is still high.
His people beg him to contest and bought form him too. Is like APC aspirants are so blessed with people who operate outside Nigerian economy, who have big money to the level that buying nomination form is their hubby.
Upon the whole, Na to blame PDP when they get there.
Oga I wish you all the best.

(1) (Reply)

Dear Nigerians, Vote Leaders With These 6 Rare Traits. (Pictures) / Na Waa Ooo, Read Wetin APC National Leader, Bola Tinubu Wan Do For Lagos State. / Tinubu Can’t Stop Ambode’s 2nd Term — Prophet Tibetan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.