Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News (20918 Views)

Emmanuel Odunlami Murdered By Robbers In UK Over ‘Fake’ £300k Watch / Police Arrest Prophet Benson Nosakhare Over Fake Prophecy (Photo) / MUTINY: Suspected Cultist Leader Killed By Gang Members Over Disagreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by iksmoore(m): 5:44am On Sep 11, 2018
The Kano State Police command has arrested an administrator and members of a WhatsApp group for allegedly circulating fake news and an image of a married woman whom they claimed was trafficking in children in the city.
It was reported that the spokesperson of the Police in the state, Superintendent of Police Magaji Maaji said the suspects were arrested and paraded after the victim of the circulated image lodged a formal complaint to the police command. “We received a complaint from a married woman and a civil servant, Mrs Bushirat Madaki, that her picture is being shared on WhatsApp group with the intent to malign and incite the public against her. “Upon receiving the complaint, the commissioner of Police, CP Rabiu Yusuf ordered an immediate investigation by a special team who were able to trace and arrest three married suspects, a man and two women for circulating the fake and offensive information. “When confronted over the petition against them, the suspects admitted that the image and material on the woman were shared and forwarded in their group.

“They also admitted that they didn’t know the woman in person and have never had interaction with her before distributing the image and the story. They, therefore, sought forgiveness. “For now, the police command has granted the suspects bail because the offence is bailable while further investigation is ongoing. The police command is also currently providing security cover for the innocent woman for fear of mob attacks because her image and the false report on her have gone viral,” Magaji said.

http://www.currentgist.com.ng/2018/09/police-arrest-whatsapp-group-members.html?m=1

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by eazysally: 6:14am On Sep 11, 2018
WhatsApp is the worst place fake news are highly circulated, can you imagine these people claiming to share the message bkos they got it from another sharer and the sharee decided to share the shared message, next time verify any shared info before you turn ya self to Allen sharer that can share u to cell, let me share this news to my neighbour that woman can share fake things on whatsApp her friends don block her finish but she no dey hear word.

66 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Bluezy13(m): 6:18am On Sep 11, 2018
Hmmm...

Lesson for those who share news.
Me wey no get that kind time to waste.
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by JudasNaCarrot: 6:19am On Sep 11, 2018
A lot of people don't verify before sharing....just post it, that's what they know.

A friend of mine can share anything Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu and Isreal deploying missiles to Nigeria if Biafra is not achieved.....and he can argue blindly about it to the last drop of his blood.

One day I told him to his face that he is a big fool for believing every trash someone somewhere in the comfort of his bedroom type and post to be true......I blocked him and that solved my headache with him.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Nobody: 6:26am On Sep 11, 2018
Fake news in whatsapp s like 5nd6

9 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Cr7sBabe(f): 6:32am On Sep 11, 2018
Only on whatsapp, u will find prayers that ends with curses. . If u don't share, you will die in 3 days! haba! too fake

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Dumdumfashion(f): 6:41am On Sep 11, 2018
Prepare to arrest many more people then cos fake news for WhatsApp Na tradition.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Alzirida(f): 6:54am On Sep 11, 2018
Kudos.

Fake news made me delete my WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by lonelydora: 7:21am On Sep 11, 2018
iksmoore:
The Kano State Police command has arrested an administrator and members of a WhatsApp group for allegedly circulating fake news and an image of a married woman whom they claimed was trafficking in children in the city.
It was reported that the spokesperson of the Police in the state, Superintendent of Police Magaji Maaji said the suspects were arrested and paraded after the victim of the circulated image lodged a formal complaint to the police command. “We received a complaint from a married woman and a civil servant, Mrs Bushirat Madaki, that her picture is being shared on WhatsApp group with the intent to malign and incite the public against her. “Upon receiving the complaint, the commissioner of Police, CP Rabiu Yusuf ordered an immediate investigation by a special team who were able to trace and arrest three married suspects, a man and two women for circulating the fake and offensive information. “When confronted over the petition against them, the suspects admitted that the image and material on the woman were shared and forwarded in their group.

“They also admitted that they didn’t know the woman in person and have never had interaction with her before distributing the image and the story. They, therefore, sought forgiveness. “For now, the police command has granted the suspects bail because the offence is bailable while further investigation is ongoing. The police command is also currently providing security cover for the innocent woman for fear of mob attacks because her image and the false report on her have gone viral,” Magaji said.

http://www.currentgist.com.ng/2018/09/police-arrest-whatsapp-group-members.html?m=1

A step in the right direction. I wish WhatsApp can put Originators number in all forwarded message.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Firefire(m): 7:21am On Sep 11, 2018
Alhaji Lie Mohammed the Chief FAKE news master should also be arested.

15 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by karllemah44(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2018
lipsrsealed Good morning naiaralanders,I hope you all slept well?
I'm just disappointed with whoever moved this to FP, this kinda yeye news shouldn't start our day na
But WhatsApp people no dy try shaa, some will send nonsense msgs and say if u don't share it in 7 days you will die or meet misfortune, I just laugh at those who actually follow such useless instructions undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:22am On Sep 11, 2018
Gdhs
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by ibrutex(m): 7:23am On Sep 11, 2018
good
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by tiwq232323: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2018
MAKE SALES ON YOUR WEBSITE 24/7 WITH ECOMMERCE WEBSITE

Get Ecommerce Website Developed for Your Business designed, crafted and developed by Web Professionals with years of Web and Digital Solutions experience

Avoid Web Quacks Developing your Website!

What You Get!

== Free Training on How to Upload, Edit and Remove Products Images/Prices
== SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

PLUS MUCH MORE!

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Legolast: 7:23am On Sep 11, 2018
Is that your work? Pot belle people
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Omojolaray(m): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Early morning news..... shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by lonelydora: 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
eazysally:
WhatsApp is the worst place fake news are highly circulated, can you imagine these people claiming to share the message bkos they got it from another sharer and the sharee decided to share the shared message, next time verify any shared info before you turn ya self to Allen sharer that can share u to cell, let me share this news to my neighbour that woman can share fake things on whatsApp her friends don block her finish but she no dey hear word.

I think we are neighbours. I don block one woman too

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by PennywysCares(m): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Whatsapp group administrator

Sarrki I wanna offer you a job to manage my Choir whatsapp group
Salary 150k monthly cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Ayoswit(f): 7:24am On Sep 11, 2018
Whatsapp dey learn for where facebook dey.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by rawtouch: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2018
lipsrsealed
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by chris20000: 7:25am On Sep 11, 2018
Who knows this news might even be fake.
.THIS IS NIGERIA.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by TheMan3: 7:26am On Sep 11, 2018
Why do the police find it so easy to parade suspects? If they are actually suspects and not convicts why parade them ?

What bif they are found innocent, will you pay them for the damages?
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by 8stargeneral: 7:26am On Sep 11, 2018
I hate it with passion, I hv warned all my friends on my list to stop sending me such message.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by legba1(m): 7:26am On Sep 11, 2018
Firefire:

reort5 him to d police of his story malign. you...
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by pointstores(m): 7:28am On Sep 11, 2018
Nawa
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by QuickStandard: 7:28am On Sep 11, 2018
Say no to fake news. I hate forwarded stories anyway.
Especially those guys that will order you to forward to others, else something evil will happen to "them"

we are still in the alternative energy solutions business.
Check our SIG for further info.

We also buy scrap or used batteries.

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by RevenGeMission: 7:29am On Sep 11, 2018
Shebi it's a sharia law state ? cut off their hands
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Tozara(m): 7:30am On Sep 11, 2018
It's high time I left every WhatsApp group that seems to contain a sizeable number of stupid people.

I won't suffer for the retardation and cognitive curse of some idiot I'm not even related to.

5 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Bbjbt123: 7:38am On Sep 11, 2018
Firefire:
we are talking about whatsapp waiting consine lai Muhammed with this
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by israelmao(m): 7:40am On Sep 11, 2018
Even we get fake news from the constituted authority.Like,"I cannot afford nomination form" then certain group comes to the rescue and fronts as buyer.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by Opinionated: 7:47am On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Police Arrest Whatsapp Group Members Over Fake News by kennykg(m): 7:56am On Sep 11, 2018
Hope they extend it to social media and NL too.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restriction Order: Lagos Police Clamp Down On Erring Okada Riders, Cultist / Give Me Dollars, Naira Does Not Have Value: Policeman Seeking Bribe / Nyanya Residents Fix Disconnected Light Wires With Bare Hands (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.