Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,634 members, 7,820,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Time To Rise For Humanity, For Favour. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Time To Rise For Humanity, For Favour. (316 Views)

Lagos LCDA Approves 100% Pay Rise For Doctors In Phcs / We Will Impose Fresh Nationwide Lockdown If COVID-19 Cases Continue To Rise- PTF / Favour Lawal, Girl Born Without Anus Who Excretes Through Her Stomach (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Time To Rise For Humanity, For Favour. by PMB007: 6:16am On Sep 11, 2018
*Hello friends!*
Today, I saw my 13 year old friend, *Favor* cry over his sick dad, for the first time in our over one month of friendship...

_"The sole meaning of life is to serve humanity"_
-Leo Tolstoy

1) First, let me appreciate you all wholeheartedly for helping to uplift the needy Ekiti family (whom you and I helped raise #259,500) the last time out and for the kind words regarding my dad. Thank you

2) My sisters called my attention to Favor over a month ago. Like us, he's taking care of his dad at the surgical ward for some severe ailment.

3) At such young age, Favor has resiliently and bravely withstood the vigors of running around all day to attend to his dad's treatment needs all by himself till his elder brother, *Peter* (around 15 years old) joined him only recently.

4) Even in my dad's frail state, he hasn't failed to notice Favor's inspiring qualities. I have no doubt he'll make a good pilot someday, which is his dream.

5) Favor hardly allows his dad's precarious condition come up in our friendly chats; he's that unique. So today, when I went to comfort him and his brother in their tears, he told me "it was nothing".

6) They were crying because their dad's surgery has been postponed from tomorrow till a later date. The OFFICIAL story is that he wasn't yet strong enough.

7) However, mum told me categorically "the only thing now that will comfort your friend, beyond all the kind words, is getting the money for the surgery and subsequent treatment".

cool She further revealed they had been billed #133,000 for the surgery alone. Unfortunately, their dad's debtors, who they have been calling since inception, have all refused to pay up.

9) I am short of ideas on how to help put a smile on Favor's face again, after the little financial commitment towards treating Idris (another patient at the ward) and even dragging my family into that one. (Check attached screenshots).

10) I can't help Favor's dad alone this time, but I can help spread the word to you out there. Together, we can impart a lifelong lesson on little, but strong Favor about humanity.

11) Favor doesn't know I'm doing this for him just yet, but I hope this will be one of the most pleasant surprises he would ever get.

12) You can come around to UCH Ibadan to drop your widow's mite or you can call me on 08167037530 and ask to speak with Favor (between 11am and 6pm) or you can send your contributions via this account details

Lawal Babatunde
Stanbic IBTC

Your partner in charity, Taofeeq Alli.

#for Favor
#for humanity

_"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them, humanity cannot survive"_
-Dalai Lama

(Thanks for asking.

The third party account posted was adopted because it isn't used for personal purposes any longer. Any incoming amount can easily be traced to this cause and for easy accountability.)

CC: HungerBAD
Jarus
et al.

2 Likes

Re: Time To Rise For Humanity, For Favour. by PMB007: 8:21am On Sep 11, 2018
PMB007:

CC: HungerBAD
Jarus
et al.

Oh my God!

This is devastating.

Idris just told me Favor's dad passed on last night.

Please stop any financial donations for now, until I figure out the next step.

Your advice and suggestions are needed.

Thank you

Taofeeq Alli.

(1) (Reply)

Victims Of Gas Explosion In Nasarawa To Be Flown Abroad For Further Treatment / Chemicals In Make-up And Skincare Could Make Women Infertile / Remedy For Ovaries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.