Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,533 members, 7,958,632 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:09 PM

Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S (11301 Views)

Argentina Approves High Denomination Bill As Inflation Nears 100% / President Ghani Fled Afghanistan With 4 Vehicles, Helicopter Full Of U.S. Dollar / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by FastShipping: 12:52pm On Sep 11, 2018
Iblad0994:

It dosen’t necessarily means the effect will be felt in Greensboro. Trust me bro, i’m quite sure nothing is gonna happen here, coz there would have been emergency alerts to that effect by now.

Are you in Greensboro? I'm in Burlington and Greensboro.

Well, there is no way it affects High Point and not affect Greensboro. In fact hurricane impact always hit Greensboro first before hitting High Point. Sometimes it hits Greensboro without hitting High Point. I've been in Greensboro for 17 years. What we have in the Triad is not hurricane. It's the wind of the aftermath of hurricane.

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by ikorodureporta: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
blazer2018:
But Americans and naming of these hurricanes self...hurricane Florence... grin

I wonder d kinda of names we will be giving hurricanes in Nigeria... grin
cheesy
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by oyetunder(m): 1:08pm On Sep 11, 2018
ollah2:

If this was gonna happen in China, the Christians would be happy and begin cursing China and Ofcourse Muslims then hype their God to high heavens.

Shall we say the Christian God is powerless to avert this since USA have loads of churches and christians?

You will never have sense until the day you realised religion is bullshit.
and whose shit are you?
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by Mmlanrehh(m): 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Florence, Isaac, Helene, & Olivia this year....wondering how they are named

US shld jst use those areas as permanent farmlands instead of yearly evacuation

Okay from y findings I discovered that the Hurricane are always named after those who project that the event will take place and also most hurricanes that comes with female name's are always more deadly than those with male name....
Probably going to be another serious hurricane in the US .... But America shall be great
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by FitnessHomme: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
FastShipping:

Are you in Greensboro? I'm in Burlington and Greensboro.

Well, there is no way it affects High Point and not affect Greensboro. In fact hurricane impact always hit Greensboro first before hitting High Point. Sometimes it hits Greensboro without hitting High Point. I've been in Greensboro for 17 years. What we have in the Triad is not hurricane. It's the wind of the aftermath of hurricane.

I’m in Greensboro. Yes, that is exactly what I’m saying, we will only feel the wind of the aftermath in Greensboro. Remember during the last hurricane, we felt the wind, the minor damage is just that it shatters off windshield of cars.

We are billed to have a career fair tomorrow , even the emails circulated by the school is just about taking precautions and not anything worth fearing about.

1 Like

Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by missionmex(m): 1:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
ollah2:

Check the China thread
your personal experience will I respect.
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by Rumicarter: 1:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
ikorodureporta:
Florence, Isaac, Helene, & Olivia this year....wondering how they are named

US shld jst use those areas as permanent farmlands instead of yearly evacuation

They name them after whoever discovered them first.
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by win2kwire: 1:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
How come it never moves towards IGBO people and mallams? grin grin grin
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by ollah2: 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
missionmex:
your personal experience will I respect.

Check the thread
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by saintol(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Weather Forecast: We don't really know which hurricane will sweep through the politician terrain of Nigeria but I can see hurricane Buhari, hurricane Saraki, hurricane Atiku, hurricane Sowore from sahara and other hurricanes warming up.
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by krisdzhon: 2:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by OluDare01(m): 2:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
Iblad0994:
I’m not sure the hurricane will have much effect in Greensboro. It will definitely be felt in High point, but not sure about Greensboro.

North Carolina A&T state Uni. Will be starting their fall career fair tomorrow, if hurricane Florence will pass through Greensboro, I think there should have been an emergency alert by now.
Greensboro will feel the outerband. What you'll get is a tropical storm with heavy rain and wind. Damages is very minimal.
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by ifymadu: 4:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
Iblad0994:

It dosen’t necessarily means the effect will be felt in Greensboro. Trust me bro, i’m quite sure nothing is gonna happen here, coz there would have been emergency alerts to that effect by now.
We’ve been experiencing consistent rain fall in Texas in the past days owing to the hurricanes
Re: Hurricane Florence Nears Category 5 As It Moves Towards S-W Coast Of U.S by rhektor(m): 4:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Echelle:
Meanwhile, in Nigeria bad politicians keeps buying forms thereby increasing our own artificial disaster!

We have been lucky not to have natural disasters but our political disaster is beyond nature

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Nigerian Male(25) To Marry A Male Vicar(65) - This Is Just Crazy! / Modi, Indian PM's Twitter Handle 'Briefly Compromised', Crypto Scam Link Deleted / Israel To Bomb Iran After US Elections!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.