Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,127 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

In Madeenah Singing And Drumming Welcomed The Prophet Salallaahu'Alayhi Wasallam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / In Madeenah Singing And Drumming Welcomed The Prophet Salallaahu'Alayhi Wasallam (10249 Views)

Drawing A Picture Of The Prophet, Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam / Lunar Eclipse: See What The Prophet Instructed Us To Do? / The Prophet Of Islam (S. A. W) Did Not Marry A 9 Year Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In Madeenah Singing And Drumming Welcomed The Prophet Salallaahu'Alayhi Wasallam by Rashduct4luv(m): 3:18pm On Oct 26, 2018
iPopAlomo:

Pray tell... How will the researcher find out...?!!!

The researcher is an astute student of knowledge with years of research in hadiths and or other Islamic fields of study!

You can learn about the chains of transmitter in my former post.
Re: In Madeenah Singing And Drumming Welcomed The Prophet Salallaahu'Alayhi Wasallam by Omobada(m): 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2018
seegi:
Jazakallahu Khairan. dis is exactly what i also kip wondering about. d people of 1500years afta are condeming dat 200years afta Hijrah. but all d way sha. May Allah guide us to d right path and may He accept all our deed as an act of Ibadah. JUMAT MUBARAQ

my brother, don't be confused. That's why it's very important for us to make research on some things before we make a conclusion. it's very possible for a man of 20th century to falsify the claim of a man who lived 200years after hijra if such claim is not in tandem with other clear and verified evidences. Or can we say that a man can not fabricate hadith simply because he lived in the period more closer to the prophet's than ours?

1 Like

Re: In Madeenah Singing And Drumming Welcomed The Prophet Salallaahu'Alayhi Wasallam by seegi(m): 4:46pm On Oct 26, 2018
Omobada:

my brother, don't be confused. That's why it's very important for us to make research on some things before we make a conclusion. it's very possible for a man of 20th century to falsify the claim of a man who lived 200years after hijra if such claim is not in tandem with other clear and verified evidences. Or can we say that a man can not fabricate hadith simply because he lived in the period more closer to the prophet's than ours?
ok. Allah guidance is d best. He is d All knower

1 Like

Re: In Madeenah Singing And Drumming Welcomed The Prophet Salallaahu'Alayhi Wasallam by Alepa(m): 4:58pm On Oct 26, 2018
Rashduct4luv:

There is no authentic report that that event actually happened.

On the Daff drum, it is to be beaten by females only.

Al-Bukhaari narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be among my ummah people who will regard adultery, silk, alcohol and musical instruments as permissible.”

This hadeeth indicates that all musical instruments are haraam, including the daff.

‘Abd-Allaah ibn ‘Abbaas (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The daff is haraam, stringed instruments are haraam, drums are haraam and flutes are haraam. Narrated by al-Bayhaqi, 10/222

But there are some ahaadeeth which indicate that it is permissible to beat the daff in some circumstances, which are:

Eid, weddings, and when one who has been away returns.

The evidence is given below.

1 – It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that Abu Bakr (may Allaah be pleased with him) entered upon her and there were two girls with her during the days of Mina beating the daff, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) was covering himself with his garment. Abu Bakr rebuked them, and the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) uncovered his face and said, “Leave them alone, O Abu Bakr, for these are the days of Eid.” That was during the days of Mina.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 944; Muslim, 892

2 – It was narrated that al-Rubayyi’ bint Mu’awwidh ibn ‘Afra’ said: “After the consummation of my marriage, the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came and sat on my bed as far from me as you are sitting now, and our little girls started beating the daff and reciting verses mourning my father, who had been killed in the battle of Badr. One of them said, ‘Among us is a Prophet who knows what will happen tomorrow.’ On that the Prophet said, ‘Omit this (saying) and keep on saying the verses which you had been saying before.’”

(Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 4852).

3 – It was narrated that Buraydah said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out on one of his military campaigns, and when he came back, a black slave woman came and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I vowed that if Allaah brought you back safe and sound, I would beat the daff before you and sing. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “If you vowed that, then do it, otherwise do not do it.’” So she started to beat the daff, and Abu Bakr came in whilst she was doing so. Then ‘Ali came in whilst she was beating the daff, then ‘Uthmaan came in whilst she was beating the daff, then ‘Umar came in and she threw the daff beneath her and sat on it. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, “The Shaytaan is afraid of you, O ‘Umar. I was sitting and she was beating the daff, then Abu Bakr came in when she was beating the daff; then ‘Ali came in when she was beating the daff; then ‘Uthmaan came in when she was beating the daff, but when you came in, O ‘Umar, she put the daff down.”

Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 3690; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Tirmidhi, 2913.

The correct view is that it is not permissible to beat the daff except for women. If a man does that, he is imitating women, which is a major sin.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ruling On Writing Research And Essays And Selling It To The Students / Can Anyone Escape Death For Some Period Of Time? Is Death Destined? / Pictures:Nigerians Visiting The Holy Cities Of Najaf And Karbala

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.