Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:40 AM

9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) (1008 Views)

300 People Trapped By Fire At Hong Kong's World Trade Centre (Pictures, Video) / Hamza Bin Laden Is Dead! Son Of Osama Bin Laden Dies / Video Of Osama Bin Laden's Son On His Wedding Day Released By CIA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by osuofia2(m): 9:16am On Sep 11, 2018
On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al-Qaeda hijacked four airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States. Two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Almost 3,000 people were killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks, which triggered major U.S. initiatives to combat terrorism and defined the presidency of George W. Bush.
World Trade Center

On September 11, 2001, at 8:45 a.m. on a clear Tuesday morning, an American Airlines Boeing 767 loaded with 20,000 gallons of jet fuel crashed into the north tower of the World Trade Center in New York City.

The impact left a gaping, burning hole near the 80th floor of the 110-story skyscraper, instantly killing hundreds of people and trapping hundreds more in higher floors.

As the evacuation of the tower and its twin got underway, television cameras broadcasted live images of what initially appeared to be a freak accident. Then, 18 minutes after the first plane hit, a second Boeing 767—United Airlines Flight 175—appeared out of the sky, turned sharply toward the World Trade Center and sliced into the south tower near the 60th floor.

The collision caused a massive explosion that showered burning debris over surrounding buildings and onto the streets below. It immediately became clear that America was under attack.
ADVERTISEMENT

Did you know? September 11, 2001, was the deadliest day in history for New York City firefighters: 343 were killed.
Osama bin Laden

The attackers were Islamic terrorists from Saudi Arabia and several other Arab nations. Reportedly financed by the al-Qaeda terrorist organization of Saudi fugitive Osama bin Laden, they were allegedly acting in retaliation for America’s support of Israel, its involvement in the Persian Gulf War and its continued military presence in the Middle East.

Some of the terrorists had lived in the United States for more than a year and had taken flying lessons at American commercial flight schools. Others had slipped into the country in the months before September 11 and acted as the “muscle” in the operation.

The 19 terrorists easily smuggled box-cutters and knives through security at three East Coast airports and boarded four early-morning flights bound for California, chosen because the planes were loaded with fuel for the long transcontinental journey. Soon after takeoff, the terrorists commandeered the four planes and took the controls, transforming ordinary passenger jets into guided missiles.
Source https://www.history.com/topics/21st-century/9-11-attacks

Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by SolutionMee: 9:23am On Sep 11, 2018
cheesy
Osama Binladen - The man that singlehandedly dealt with America. If not for Obama, the Whitehouse would have gone down as well. If what happened on 9/11 happen during the regime of Trump (an American albino), Olympus would have fallen. Osama almost destroyed the good reputation of Islam in the world. I'm a Christian and my best friend is a Muslim. His name is Khan and he's not a terrorist.
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by xangerar: 9:36am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Osama Binladen - The man that singlehandedly dealt with America. If not for Obama, the Whitehouse would have gone down as well. If what happened on 9/11 happen during the regime of Trump (an American albino), Olympus would have fallen. Osama almost destroyed the good reputation of Islam in the world. I'm a Christian and my best friend is a Muslim. His name is Khan and he's not a terrorist.

Obama was not the President of the United States at the time(2001). It was George W. Bush.

Obama became President in 2008.
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by SolutionMee: 9:43am On Sep 11, 2018
xangerar:

Obama was not the President of the United States at the time(2001). It was George W. Bush.

Obama became President in 2008.

Obama killed Osama. That's my point.
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by osuofia2(m): 9:47am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by SolutionMee: 9:55am On Sep 11, 2018
osuofia2:

you lied, You are not a christian . you sound like a potential terrorist .
How many people have I killed on Nairaland
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by gentlegenius(m): 10:05am On Sep 11, 2018
SolutionMee:

How many people have I killed on Nairaland
Hmmm...
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by arthurwillia(m): 10:06am On Sep 11, 2018
Nice one more pictures would have done justice to this though, my thoughts
Re: 9/11 The Attack On The World Trade Centre By Osama Bin Laden (today in history) by Horus(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wJ1cFX1SEo

‘Mini nukes were used to blow Twin Towers on 9/11’

(1) (Reply)

Woman Shot Dead In Capitol Riot / Mass Walkout At United Nations As Diplomats Snub Russia's Foreign Minister / Main Ukraine War Just Began, Putin Master Move

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.