Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,221 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose (20867 Views)

US To Seize Kola Aluko’s House: $25m Los Angeles Mansion / Kola Aluko’s Superyacht Galactica Star That Was Auctioned / Photos From Ekiti PDP Governorship Campaign Rally 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by midolian(m): 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Crisis was narrowly averted in the Ekiti State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday, as loyalists of Governor Ayodele Fayose and a chieftain of the party, Dr. Tope Aluko, engaged in a
tussle over the state congress to elect the national delegates for the presidential primary.

The delegates are to be elected to participate in the national congress leading to the election of the party’s presidential candidate for the 2019 general election.

The battle was fiercer in Irepodun/Ifelodun Local Government, where Fayose and Aluko hail from, as the party members, including a serving member of the House of Assembly representing constituency 1 of the council, Hon. Posi Omodara, ward councilors and elected party officials rejected the choice of a former Minister of Aviation, Mr. Babatunde Omotoba, as a national delegate.

However, members loyal to Fayose from all the 11 wards, who were also opposed to Aluko, boycotted the congress.

The PDP members at the congress conducted at the local government headquarters in Igede Ekiti, elected Aluko with 80 votes out of the accredited 84 delegates in defiance to Fayose’s preference for Omotoba.

Most of the party members, who spoke at the congress conducted by party’s Vice-Chairman in Ekiti Central and Returning Officer, Mr. Tunji Kayode, said Aluko’s election as a national delegate was meant to save the party from undue slavery and for political emancipation.

Addressing the party members, Aluko promised that he would continue to serve the party in the most committed way by the election he described as fight for political liberty and freedom.

“The boycott by those rooting for the former minister of aviation didn’t vitiate the process. About 126 persons are to participate in this local government and 84 turned up out of which I polled 80 votes to emerge as a national delegate in this council.

“A serving House of Assembly member, councilors and party executives were all present here, so the quorum was formed.

“Aside from that, the police, men of the Department of State Services and officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) were present to monitor the election. There was no underhand tactics and my victory represented the wish of the party members.

“I promise that I won’t betray the confidence reposed in me. I will continue to fight for the party’s cause and fight for its advancement all the times,” Aluko promised.

The Returning Officer in the council Tunji Kayode after conducting the election said: “Our party had been damaged and we are praying that God should restore our lost glory. So we are not going to act in any way that would infract on the party’s constitution.

“The election was not manipulated, it was an open thing and since it was only one candidate that is on ground and he got all the election, he is hereby declared elected as a national delegate of our party.”

A former PDP chairman in the council, Hon. Jinadu Isiaka, said the election of Aluko was targeted at saving the party from ruin occasioned by alleged imposition in the party.

“What our people wanted is liberation and we are fighting for it in the interest of our party. We have seen that somebody was trying to impose a certain individual and we have revolted against that through our votes.

“Some people have been piloting the affairs of this party in Ekiti and this council for long, but they were sidelined by certain authority, so time has come to fight for our liberty.

“In democracy, majority is in control but this case was different. How can the minority be controlling the majority? This is not possible. We won’t allow anyone to impose in the PDP because that may lead to total collapse of our party and that we won’t allow to happen,” he said.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2018/09/11/2019-ekiti-pdp-members-defy-fayose-elect-aluko-national-delegate/

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by HungerBAD: 2:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Observing
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Kingosytex(m): 2:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
politicians and selfish interest are like rice and beans. i pity the fools that are being used by these demonic men

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by midolian(m): 2:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Politically, Fayose is less than zero both at the state and federal level

70 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by gen2briz(m): 2:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
That's not possible...
They can't do that to a grassroot politician like Ayodele fayose (The Rock)

I remember one of his interview on channels

Fayose.. Seun seun.. Am a grassroot politician, my people likes me.. If I bring anybody even if the person is my family member, Ekiti people will vote for him..

Seun.. How sure are you

Fayose.. Seems you don't know me... Am telling you.

Mr fayose, how far now?

19 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Buterflyle0: 2:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
Hahahahaha Fraudose aka Fayose see your life in 5D? grin

Matters arising

The Returning Officer in the council Tunji Kayode after conducting the election said: “Our party had been damaged and we are praying that God should restore our lost glory. So we are not going to act in any way that would infract on the party’s constitution.

“The election was not manipulated, it was an open thing and since it was only one candidate that is on ground and he got all the election, he is hereby declared elected as a national delegate of our party.”

A former PDP chairman in the council, Hon. Jinadu Isiaka, said the election of Aluko was targeted at saving the party from ruin occasioned by alleged imposition in the party.

What our people wanted is liberation and we are fighting for it in the interest of our party. We have seen that somebody was trying to impose a certain individual and we have revolted against that through our votes.

“Some people have been piloting the affairs of this party in Ekiti and this council for long, but they were sidelined by certain authority, so time has come to fight for our liberty.

“In democracy, majority is in control but this case was different. How can the minority be controlling the majority? This is not possible. We won’t allow anyone to impose in the PDP because that may lead to total collapse of our party and that we won’t allow to happen
,” he said

Fayose the Bat has now become Fayose the insect. Dem don use insecticide silence am even within PDP.

APC dealt with him. Now its the turn of PDP.

Abeg what do I even know. Let me come and twerk out of this thread since its twerking season as one Leke Leke is trending with now

Johnnyessence come and join me and twerk o cheesy

[img]https://media1./images/b8401d232cca2fa7cb5e0e876de4f3cd/tenor.gif?itemid=4692366[/img]

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by seanfer(m): 2:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
So Fayose finally lost even among his people while still the state Governor?... He is a loner

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Dannyset(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fayose already lost it in Ekiti. No more respect for him. The people are wiser now.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by seanfer(m): 2:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Buterflyle0:
Hahahahaha Fraudose aka Fayose see your life in 5D? grin

Matters arising

Fayose the Bat has now become Fayose the insect. Dem don use insecticide silence am even within PDP.

APC dealt with him. Now its the turn of PDP.

Abeg what do I even know. Let me come and twerk out of this thread since its twerking season as one Leke Leke is trending with now

[img]https://media1./images/b8401d232cca2fa7cb5e0e876de4f3cd/tenor.gif?itemid=4692366[/img]

Twerk on Bro.... Now i know that I am more popular than a State Governor...... Pity it end this way for Fayose

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by chriskosherbal(m): 2:44pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fayose! Fayose!! Fayose!!!

See my signature. ..available in Lagos and any part of the country.

2 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by seunmsg(m): 2:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fayose has been demystified. He's a bloody loser who has failed to realise that the game is over. Ekiti people irrespective of party affiliation can no longer take order from an inconsequential loser.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by gaby(m): 3:09pm On Sep 11, 2018
Brother Fayose is soon going into ghost mode of course. He has become irrelevant and its now time for dissent to take charge. They always forget power is transient.

E get the way e go talk anyhow now sef, dem go gather am brush am well well nothing dey happen...na house matter...

Enjoy my siggy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by tayo4ng(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wahala is looming

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by abootoyyib(m): 3:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wetin concern me ?

Are you a seller?

Do you want to advertise your products to over 200millions audience for free?

Check my signature for more details
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by miqos03: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wow insult upon injury but

Check my signature
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Omeokachie: 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
Fayose should make room for these guys...

Let them have a sense of being part of the decision making and you will get them putting their bodies on the firing line to defend such collective decisions and you will find your rank impenetrable.
But if they get the sense that they are only following orders, they will bail at the first sign of opposition and you will be left alone to bell the cat.
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Bestattitude(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lol. The fight is still on. Double wahala for Fayose.

I sell home and office furnitures.
Office chair and table, dinning set, center table, tv stand, bar stool, workstation etc. Call or Whatsapp on 08165618646.

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by gaby(m): 3:12pm On Sep 11, 2018
abootoyyib:
Wetin concern me ?

Are you a seller?

Do you want to advertise your products to over 200millions audience for free?

Check my signature for more details

This your audience reach the population of India and China combined oo...Oyai wan advertise my book e dey my siggy

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Throwback: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Oshokomale is now Oshofonkale.

I'm in pains for his sake.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by wolesmile(m): 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
Gradual disintegration in the house...

After, they'll start shouting "APC rigged!!!" upandan.
Don't they know that in division, they can not stand?
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by GavelSlam: 3:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
I'm a big boy o.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Roger3D(m): 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Am I suprised? Anyone supported by ignorant Internet IPOB youths always loses out, and when we bury saraki and co next year, they will fully understand what I'm talking about

6 Likes

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Naijawebmaster: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Politics, indeed is a game. tongue

Need a reliable and professional website design? Then check my signature No advance payment required.
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
THEIR PROBLEM
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Gamesmart: 3:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
gaby:
Brother Fayose is soon going into ghost mode of course. He has become irrelevant and its now time for dissent to take charge. They always forget power is transient.

E get the way e go talk anyhow now sef, dem go gather am brush am well well nothing dey happen...na house matter...

Enjoy my siggy

Ghost mode or jail mode?
Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Firefire(m): 3:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
midolian post=71103920[s:
]Politically, Fayose is less than zero both at the state and federal level[/s]

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by FiftyFifty(m): 3:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: Ekiti PDP Members Elect Aluko National Delegate, Defy Fayose by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Aminu Iya Abbas Elected Speaker, Adamawa Assembly / 2023: Business Owners Woo Osinbajo As Campaign Posters Flood FCT / Rowdy Session In Senate Over Budget Padding, Constituency Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.