Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,306 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! (3611 Views)

Tecno Android Users Come In, Chinko Phones And Iphone 6 Stay Aside / Itel And Olamide Launch Itel P36 And P36 Pro In First Virtual Product Launch / Huawei Y9 2019 Review: Is Tecno, Infinix & Itel In Trouble? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 12, 2018
The moment i started using Samsung Note I pray not use chinko again
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by masterfactor(m): 11:53am On Sep 12, 2018
Another man food is another man poison, Let leave it like that. The truth of the matter is that, if high end device are cheap, then the like of tecno, itel, and co. will be out of business, because no sane human will see a Samsung note 9 and choose infinix note 5 if the price were to be in the same range. In conclusion I will say it is good thing that we have this China phone maker in the game, atleast everyone will have a slice of the pie. China phones are live safer, if you know you know

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by Joe4real1988(m): 12:04pm On Sep 12, 2018
sben2308:

pls give me ur review of the phone biko cuz I wanna swap my Samsung j3 for infinix note 5
I wish I could see someone to swap my Samsung j7 with, for infinix Note 5. I reside in Delta cry cry cry
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by Behankey(m): 12:13pm On Sep 12, 2018
I really do understand this thread but the OP is wrong on some things. Samsung for example release other devices apart from their flagships. It is just that these ones have more media attention than the other phones. What Tecno and the likes bring is choice. A variety where at least everyone can afford a device.

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:22pm On Sep 12, 2018
Lol, Samsung this samsung that, but that doesn't stop their note flagship, note 7 from exploding.

If you know u know

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by RevenGeMission: 12:24pm On Sep 12, 2018
If I am buying another phone, it won't be Tecno or iPhone, it must be Ulefone armor 5 with 8.1 Android oreo I think Os

Waterproof scratch proof and withstands certain height drop and it's cheaper then my stupid camon cx

The day my camon cx saw some water and dropped. I have changed screens 3 times and the phone never regained its balance since it dropped
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2018
Ignorance is bliss

Op, so you know.....
huawei, oppo, xiaomi produces more phones in a year than what infinix and tecno combine, produce in 3 years

Although i still did pick them over infinix and tecno anyday
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by yusfatedeeprof(m): 1:06pm On Sep 12, 2018
Let me school you.........

Big brands samsung, apple, and others has been copying and imitating each other in software and hardware alike since God knows when, so it's not news.

The notch design can be traced back to 2016 when xiaomi release the mi mix a nearly bezeless display, actually bezeless at the top but with minimal bezel at the bottom.

This receive wide attention from techies and non techies, but problem of this bezeless display arise as a result of placement of camera and other sensors, as the camera of the mi mix was placed at the bottom of the phone, and this was seen as a con of the nearly bezeless display.

Samsung a mobile giant copied this trend with it's s8 and s8 plus, but with no knowledge where to place the camera decided to make a very minimal top and bottom bezel so the camera can be housed at the top.

Essential phone, a debut from a new OEM made a bezeless display with only the camera cut out at the top, and as such called notch.

The iphone x copied the essential phone but a much wider notch to house the camera and other sensors.

That said the notch still hated by many me included, coz why not fill up the notch and be a minimal bezel......

Regardless there as been attempt for a truely bezeless display with the oppo find x and vivo nex, so you know its not apple or Samsung that made the first true bezeless display when they join the trend

1 Like

Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by Behankey(m): 1:17pm On Sep 12, 2018
yusfatedeeprof:
Ignorance is bliss

Op, so you know.....
huawei, oppo, xiaomi produces more phones in a year than what infinix and tecno combine, produce in 3 years

Although i still did pick them over infinix and tecno anyday
help me tell them o. These brands drop phones more than the transsion guys.
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by sben2308(m): 4:34pm On Sep 12, 2018
Joe4real1988:
I wish I could see someone to swap my Samsung j7 with, for infinix Note 5. I reside in Delta cry cry cry

we will see pipo pele don't worry
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by scarycuteface(m): 8:04am On Sep 16, 2018
Variety is the spice of life. What most of the OEMs offer is different phones with affordable prices. And i think that is good.
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by Leah1234: 11:23am On Oct 01, 2018
There is nothing wrong with buying a Chinese brand. Some of these Chinese phones outperform phones from the "glorious" brand some people are loyal to. The Xiaomi Black Shark was the most powerful phone as per AnTuTu in August 2018, beating Samsung Galaxy S9, LG G7 ThinQ, and others. It was followed closely by OnePlus 6 which is also a Chinese brand. Before forget, Oppo phones - like the F9 are awesome too.
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by Realboygenius(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2018
Loooool
People will continue buying what they can afford and Tecno as a brand has been able to give people affordable devices.
Re: See Why Nigerians Won't Buy Chinko Phones (infinix, Itel And Tecno) Again! by maysdrays: 8:53am On Oct 02, 2018
Olodo24:
honestly, ayam not understanding o. The only thing I dislike is the way Android releases new version steadily and making previously released phones look outdated. one version a year won't be bad. I don't like upgrading

Stfu... Sharp aqous s2 was the first phone with a notch

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Have N150k For A New Phone / Free V-code To Pre-order Infinix ZERO GOLD (#23,900) / TECNO Fans; Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.