Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? (695 Views)

Anambra Procurement Boss, Onyejepu Emerges 'State Public Servant of the Year' / 774,000 Jobs: Buhari Approves November 1 Commencement For Special Public Works / Why The APC Is Failing In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by autojosh: 4:22pm On Sep 11, 2018

The Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) was set up in the 1980. Then, it was called the Lagos State Works Management Board.

Principally, the agency was formed with the aim of handling public works with more aggression.

The agency handled construction of roads, public buildings and other public Works with emphasis on Direct Labour approach.

Some public buildings constructed by the agency include the Old Governor’s Office, Alausa, Onikan Stadium etc.

Notably, the agency was particularly most effectictive during the administration of Col. Buba Marwa, when he became the Administrator of Lagos state in 1996.

Marwa then restructures and renamed the agency Direct Labour Agency. The focus being the maintenance and rehabilitation of roads within the State.

During that period, the Agency tackled this duty headlong and recorded a lot of achievements on construction/rehabilitation of roads like Ikorodu Road (Owode Onirin to Ikorodu Roundabout), AIT Road, Agbado-Ijaiye Road, Iju-Ishaga-Oke Aro Road, among others.

With the return to democracy in 1999, the administration of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu again restructured the agency, and this time, renamed it renamed Public Works Bureau.

The vision of the agency was to be a “To be a formidable name in Road Rehabilitation and Construction” .

This is also highlighted in the agency’s mission Statement which is:

“To be primarily responsible for the Rehabilitation and Construction of all roads, such that Roads remain motorable all year round by Responding promptly to all situations. This is to be accomplished at minimal cost, while not compromising quality and efficiency”.

In order to make the agency more resourceful and independent, an Asphalt Plant was built at the disposal of the Corporation. This has helped in their operation in no small measure.

The Asphalt Plant was manufactured by MARINI SPA of Italy and was installed at 300 ton/hour Capacity in November 1997.

Tragically, today,  despite the incredible resources at the disposable of the LSPWC, Lagos state has become a state bedeviled by scandalous amount of potholes and ditches on it roads.

So, is the Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC)  not terrifically under-performing  in its primary responsibility of rehabilitating and constructing roads and keeping them in motorable condition?

https://autojosh.com/is-the-lagos-state-public-works-corporation-lspwc-failed-in-its-responsibility/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by colossus2: 4:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lagos tho.
The places I visited 2 months ago had no change. It was terrible, I began to wonder where the projects I see online were. It was crazy chilling in traffic for 5 hours.
Had to use bike to get to the places I needed to go the following day. Left gidi on the 3rd day, it was torturing.
Autojosh, I fancy a report on the Mile 2 to Okokomaiko road, or let’s say the Ojo barracks-Iyana Iba road.
Regards.

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by solutionist: 2:30pm On Sep 12, 2018
Clearly, they have failed.
Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by macphilip: 2:53pm On Sep 12, 2018
please fix obawole roads, the potholes there are too much
Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by autojosh: 3:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove

Seun
Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by collinsfhk(m): 4:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Lagos inner roads has gotten soo bad. I was wondering if there still exist local government chairmen.

Gov. Ambode should do something please
Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by Auladimeji(m): 6:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
I'm still wondering why Ambode deserves a second term,His performance is below Lagos level,That's why I like Fashola. Ambode is a failure to lagosian ,na to go to Abuja him know

1 Like

Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by AutoJoshNIG: 2:09pm On Mar 06, 2019
Re: Is Lagos State Public Works Corporation (LSPWC) Failing In Its Responsibilities? by modskiller(m): 2:33pm On Mar 06, 2019
Let those with eyes see that only Fashola did a good job in Lagos. Ambode was a failure from the start

(1) (Reply)

Former Enugu Governor Dr Chimaroke Nnamani Picks Form For Enugu East Senatorial / EFCC Issues Letter To Custom Concerning Fayose / Gunmen Don Kill Governor Ifeanyi Okowa's S.A.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.