Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (65745 Views)

Funke Akindele Announced As PDP Lagos Deputy Governor Candidate / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Reno Omokri Reacts To Femi Otedola Accepting Lagos State PDP Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by SmilingMary(m): 5:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sometimes I wonder what we Nigerians want.... We keep judging and voting on social media, we seem to "not" like every candidate seeking political office. Here comes a man who you know little about politically, yet you already ruling him out. Do we always want the same set of people ruling us? Do we want the same set of God fathers calling the shots? I can remember Trump was a billionaire when he contested, He was a shrewd businessman, and he won. Let's pick a side and help actualize what we believe is the best for our darling country.

I like the idea of businessmen, technocrats and others coming into politics, unlike the "agberos" and political Methuselas of our time.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Akaujaa(m): 5:35pm On Sep 11, 2018
If this is truly true, I'll advise Otedola not to accept this carrot being dangled before him.

2 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Sollow(m): 5:36pm On Sep 11, 2018
ishowdotgmail:
Otedola can never become Lagos state governor

If he wins Shea you’ll stop him

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Milllz: 5:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Just when I was looking at Rivers,Delta and Osun and some other states, for some needed political drama as regards the next election. I did not even know Lagos is going to be the Grand Royale.

It is going down in Lagos.

Otedola is about to be schooled about life and politics in lagos.By the time they are done with him, he will not only be a Millionaire from the Billionaire club.

He will also be facing different litigations in Courts, from Lagos State,who will now discover he has not been paying taxes on everything he has, and that includes the toilet he uses.

This is one mistake this man will not recover from.

For us to be living in a society where people are scared to contest due to fear of personal persecution by the ruling opposition on their personal wealth or private business shows we have a long way to go in achieving a true democratic government.

If he actually decides to contest and this happens, it’d be really shameful but unsurprising

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by HungerBAD: 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Milllz:

For us to be living in a society where people are scared to contest due to fear of personal persecution by the ruling opposition on their personal wealth or private business shows we have a long way to go in achieving a true democratic government.

If he actually decides to contest and this happens, it’d be really shameful but unsurprising

Politics is a dirty game.

6 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by MayorofLagos(m): 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wealthy business men should not meddle in politics. Even if they win the election they will be worse off after the tenure expires.

Look at Trump. Look at Abiola. Look at Waziri Ibrahim. Sorry outcomes....

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by olaoreawofele: 5:46pm On Sep 11, 2018
Do you remember the family history of the Otedolas? SPD bickered bitterly and its members voted opposition candidate of the NRC named Michael Otedola instead of SPD candidate? APC have started the bickering oh. By the time Ambode and James Sanwonlu splits APC votes, Femi Otedola may repeat his family's history.

did protest voting?
ishowdotgmail:
Otedola can never become Lagos state governor
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by 3kay945(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
This is a welcome development to me. We need competitive election in every part of the country.

It will always make the ruling class sit up. How I wish Jagaban political power in Lagos can be crushed.

Abeg, this is 2018, one man shouldn't have the political powers he has.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by alabi484(m): 5:53pm On Sep 11, 2018
Otedola wey enter brt and no one recognized him?

Ajekun Iya nio je

3 Likes

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Twitt13(f): 5:54pm On Sep 11, 2018
LOL as in eh!!! Na wetin dem do jimi Agabje. grin

HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Just when I was looking at Rivers,Delta and Osun and some other states, for some needed political drama as regards the next election. I did not even know Lagos is going to be the Grand Royale.

Otedola is about to be schooled about life and politics in lagos.By the time they are done with him, he will not only be a Millionaire from the Billionaire club.

He will also be facing different litigations in Courts from Lagos State,who will now discover he has not been paying taxes on everything he has, and that includes the toilet he uses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by boyjo: 5:56pm On Sep 11, 2018
Dear Otedola,
kindly liase with Tinubu, he will help you win.

Tinubu, kindly dump Ambode for Otedola.
Ambode lost my vote after replacing LASTMA with Visionscape.

See as Lagos dirty anyhow.
mtcheew

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by encryptjay(m): 5:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
No wonder im dey snap for boss up and down grin
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by 3kay945(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
SmilingMary:
Sometimes I wonder what we Nigerians want.... We keep judging and voting on social media, we seem to "not" like every candidate seeking political office. Here comes a man who you know little about politically, yet you already ruling him out. Do we always want the same set of people ruling us? Do we want the same set of God fathers calling the shots? I can remember Trump was a billionaire when he contested, He was a shrewd businessman, and he won. Let's pick a side and help actualize what we believe is the best for our darling country.

I like the idea of businessmen, technocrats and others coming into politics, unlike the "agberos" and political Methuselas of our time.

Thanks bro,. That's why some people call them Zombie. Majority of Nigerians are confused fellow and gullible.

Even the educated fellow are not helping matters.
So, I have concluded that whatever comes our way in the political arena, is what we deserve. Cause, when majority are fools, they will keep deciding for the wise in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by SocialJustice: 6:00pm On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

He will also be facing different litigations in Courts from Lagos State,who will now discover he has not been paying taxes on everything he has, and that includes the toilet he uses.

Prophet, relax.
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by bellville: 6:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
SachaBastien:
Those saying he is a greenhorn and would lose were probably in diapers when his father was governor of Lagos.
His father won by sheer luck. Sarumi and Agbalajobi days. Fun memories even though i was a kid then.
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by kunkelhanspeter(m): 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2018
Waste of money by joining the wrong party
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Antoeni(m): 6:07pm On Sep 11, 2018
Tinubu pls go and Look For Money,Because the Billionaires are coming together to fight to a finish
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Omofunaab2: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
SwedishDocument:
APC should just forget about Lagos. It is over. cheesy

Lol, Chino. .I'm sure you know that is not possible cheesy
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by politifact: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
It's time femi accounts for oil subsidy funds he embezzled under the Pdp. Only the uninformed will vote for him.
teddynaijaboy:
Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola, Chairman/CEO of Forte Oil, has accepted to run for the governorship seat of the Lagos State under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

This was made known by Femi Otedola on Twitter who wrote;

Breaking news: Lagos 2019 promises to be interesting. PDP offers Femi Otedola governorship ticket. He's accepted and personally confirmed to The Boss newspaper..

Source: https://lailasnews.com/breaking-femi-otedola-accepts-pdp-lagos-governorship-ticket/

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by francisbiz: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

Like say na so u dey forecast ur life, na u for be owner of nairaland .
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by francisbiz: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
bellville:
His father won by sheer luck. Sarumi and Agbalajobi days. Fun memories even though i was a kid then.
Sheer luck in, shea butter ko.
Please don't skip your prescription again!!!
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by itswell1: 6:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
This was how SDP lost the Lagos governorship election to NRC.
When Agbalajobi and dapo sarunmi we're fighting each other NRC candidate Michael Otedola won.
Indomie children here learn ,some of us no be una mate here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by micolaj: 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

I love your observation about politics and business.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 11, 2018
Racoon:
The game is getting interesting men.If it happens then Lagos is about to slip out of Tinubu's greedy hands. Then Otedola should deputize for Ambode then boom! see it happen.

Otedola deputize for Ambo? LOL. It seems you have no idea what dem Otedola and Elumelu dem are like in real life.
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by mt77: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by onlytiles(m): 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
Otedola should just gave his business and let this game slide. am not sure he is ready for the outcome of this adventure

looking fumigation and pest control expert. PEST SOLUTIONS INTEGRATED SERVICES should be the name to remember for industrial and domestic
fumigation and pest control services.
contact us today on 08169606527 (Watsapp enabled)
like our page on Facebook @ pest solutions integrated services
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by gracedarwin08: 6:20pm On Sep 11, 2018
Thats indeed a great turn up for the people democratic party. With Femi Otedola accepting to be the torchbearer of PDP for lagos state Gubernatorial election will make the party of to the task and also have same chance with APC to win the election. He has decided to answer the call and follow the same step his father late Sir Michael Otedola took.
teddynaijaboy:
Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola, Chairman/CEO of Forte Oil, has accepted to run for the governorship seat of the Lagos State under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

This was made known by Femi Otedola on Twitter who wrote;

Breaking news: Lagos 2019 promises to be interesting. PDP offers Femi Otedola governorship ticket. He's accepted and personally confirmed to The Boss newspaper..

Source: https://lailasnews.com/breaking-femi-otedola-accepts-pdp-lagos-governorship-ticket/

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by Ahmeduana(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
HungerBAD:
Interesting.

DID YOU KNOW THE MEANING OF "OTEDOLA?"
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by SmilingMary(m): 6:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
3kay945:

Thanks bro,. That's why some people call them Zombie. Majority of Nigerians are confused fellow and gullible.

Even the educated fellow are not helping matters.
So, I have concluded that whatever comes our way in the political arena, is what we deserve Cause, when majority are fools, they will keep deciding for the wise in Nigeria.

I like the bolded..... We only come online to rant
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by SachaBastien(m): 6:22pm On Sep 11, 2018
bellville:
Sheer luck you say? And who said lighting never strikes in same place twice? They've passed your not too young to run bill right? Kindly make yourself available to contest for a position and let's see "sheer luck" win for you.
Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by AmOnwaEnugu1(m): 6:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lucid1:
grin

Interesting.

I envisaged this; Immediately I saw pics of him in that danfo, I knew something was amiss

Thought as much.

Anyways, if Tinubu wants to fight Ambode, no problem. Otedola can settle the problem by becoming the Governor which I doubt

1 Like

Re: Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket by win2kwire: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Try to win, Lagos state elections is by cult, rigging, area boys and pure agbero style. Tinubu is the king makers of the lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Farooq Kperogi Blames Buhari For The Death Of OPC Leader Who Was Stoned To Death / Meet The Youngest Wife Of Alaafin Of Oyo, She’s Extremely Beautiful! / Gbajabiamila’s Security Aide Shoots Newspapers Vendor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.