Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,982 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds (19443 Views)

FG To Take Possession Of Looted Benin Bronze When Returned From Germany / EndSARS: Calabar Hoodlums Begin Dumping Of Looted Items In Waste Bins (Photo) / See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Ebullience(m): 5:47pm On Sep 11, 2018
The federal government has accused Switzerland of “robbing” Nigeria in the course of recovering funds looted from the country.

Nigeria recently signed an agreement with Switzerland for the release of $322 million said to have been stolen by Sani Abacha, former military head of state.

This is just one of the previous recoveries made by both current and past administrations of the said loot as well as the others, usually through signed treaties.

But speaking at the second International conference on combating illicit financial Flows (IFF) and enhancing asset recovery for sustainable development in Abuja on Tuesday, Geoffrey Onyema, minister of foreign affairs, said the difficulty in recovering the loot is usually “mind-boggling.”

He said though developed countries have been able to put in measures to help identify their citizens who were transferring loot there, it is usually difficult for countries like Nigeria.

“For developing countries as ourselves, it’s so much more difficult – the kind of hurdles that we have to overcome,” he said.

“Large sums of money have been found in Jersey, for instance, and other countries are laying claim to it, because in getting to Jersey, it passed through different jurisdictions. We haven’t been able to get the money back.

“We got some money back from Switzerland, but my God! When you look at the details, I was shocked and extremely angry at the process of recovery. Percentages were paid out to all kinds of institutions.

“To me, this is daylight robbery that these countries are perpetrating, and of course playing on the fact that we’re not the United States. So, it’s something we keep harping on, that these countries have to do a lot more, because at the end of the day, they are condoning huge theft and are accessories after the fact in fact.”

He added that when a country is “making it difficult” for legitimate owners to recover looted funds, “then you’re just as guilty of theft as those that transferred the money in the first place. This is totally unacceptable and totally immoral.”

https://www.thecable.ng/fg-accuses-switzerland-daylight-robbery-recovery-looted-funds/

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Sarrakii: 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
SINCE BUHARI BECOME PRESIDENT RECOVERY OF ABACHA LOOT IS NOW POLITICS NO WONDER HE SAID ABACHA NEVER STOLE NIGERIA MONEY.

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by MooreJozo(m): 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
lol see accusation. I would hv been FTC sha
Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by miqos03: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
I careless but

Check my signature
Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by BruncleZuma: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin

There's something about working for the current tenant in Aso Rock that makes one dumb...

After una don use "Social Safety Net Programme" embezzle the bar claim say nah them put conditions for the matter viz "Give to the Poor"...

28 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lol.
But FG and their cohorts will reloot the loot na. grin

7 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by baliyubla: 6:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
But the dulllard said Abacha never stole, so which particular loot is the government talking about. If I were the swiss government, won't be returning a kobo. See them searching desperately for campaign funds. grin grin

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by BabaIbo: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Lack of who to blame, don't push them enter international level after them don blame locals finish.

next to blame fit be US, just observing...

cheesy cheesy cheesy

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by taiyesoul(f): 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Yinmu.Where did the FG keep the recovered Abacha loots given to the past administrations?
Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by NaijaStudios: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
Wonders shall never end
Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

Ban don turn you to dundee?? Always shining 3 teeth.

You and FukaFuka grin

4 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by wer101929929: 6:27pm On Sep 11, 2018
GET PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT GUARANTEED TO IMPACT ON YOUR BUSINESS/BRAND/ORGANISATION!

In an ever-changing market, savvy business owners and brands realize that internet is the single largest pool of people and business therefore work smarter to gain insight on trends, keep tabs on their competitors and come up with new strategies for staying ahead of the competition. If your competitors have a website, you should think strongly about having one, too.

What You Get!

== SSL Certificate Installed for FREE
== 1 year US-based Hosting (comes with unlimited Traffic)
== Free Domain for 1 Year
== Beautiful Crafted Website
== SEO Implementation with Google Analytics & Google Console for Good online Ranking
== Comes developed with VERY GOOD Website Speed!
== Logo Design for your Brand (in case you don’t have)
== Websites comes with 99.9% uptime
== Basic Website Maintenance for 2 Months for FREE...YES! For Absolutely FREE!
== 2 Banner Designs to promote your brand…FOR FREE
== Unlimited Hosting Space

PLUS MUCH MORE!

1 Like

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by tstx(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
Armed robber calling pick pocket thief

8 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by AmazingELixir: 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin grin

I seriously suspect PDP has infiltrated Swiss government!..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by sotall(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin

Abacha stole Nigeria blind. His loots are immeasurable, unending and unparalleled.

No one should blame anybody for the problems of this country ....

Just blame Abacha....
Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by ochiosa(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
But I think them say Abacha nor loot o,

1 Like

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by ipobarecriminals: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
embarassed singing* i go chop your Dollars*
Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by sayisayi(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin

LOL, Nigerian Polthieficians know robbery when they see it!

3 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by GentleMoney: 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
Laughing in 3D..
grin

God Bless Nigeria!!!

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by khvnggift(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
dis govt hav been laying blame since 17BC undecided undecided

6 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by iammo(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
buhari men, looking for election fund badly, after saraki slashed their budget. from China telecoms $300m loan, to switzerland abacha loot, and MTN $8bn tax

11 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by danemenike: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Daft people will not read and comprehend what the foreign Minister said, they'll come here and start spewing trash.

They hurdles that the Swizz Government on Nations trying to recover stolen wealth is mind boggling. The take huge commissions and cuts. They're daylight Robbers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by yibuhabox: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
so dem fit talk untop this...their own koh grin

1 Like

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

There's something about working for the current tenant in Aso Rock that makes one dumb...

After una don use "Social Security Programme" embezzle the bar claim say nah them put conditions for the matter viz "Give to the Poor"...

1 Like

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Bizibi(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
Ohhh!!! They are still in the course of recovering the money,that money don miss.

1 Like

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
Sorry Mate..Developed Countries Have Strict Laid Down Laws.U Dont Expect Them To Just Transfer That Huge Sum Without Percentages Here & There.What Is Rather Mind Boggling Is What Becomes Of The Money Once Its Here

2 Likes

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by Nobody: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
baliyubla:
But the dulllard said Abacha never stole, so which particular loot is the government talking about. If I were the swiss government, won't be returning a kobo. See them searching desperately for campaign funds. grin grin

1 Like

Re: FG Accuses Switzerland Of ‘daylight Robbery’ In Recovery Of Looted Funds by slivertongue: 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
This govt is also daylight on nigerians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos From Osinbajo ECOWAS Summit In Ghana / Sanwo-olu On ‘thank You’ Visit To Lagos East Senatorial District, Reiterates Com / Tinubu: I Didn't Say I Will Fight Dirty, I Said No Insult Will Make Me Back Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.