Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,565 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC (566 Views)

Premium Times Admits Misrepresenting HSBC On Buhari Reelection Bid / EFCC Slams UK Bank HSBC For Predicting Buhari's Failure / 2019: What Forced Me Out Of PDP – Donald Duke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Modarun(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2018
A multinational banking and financial services company, HSBC, has said a second term for President Muhammadu Buhari would stunt the economic development of the country.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/11/2019-second-term-buhari-will-nigerias-economy-hsbc/

In a report, put together by its Global Research Unit, entitled, “Nigeria, Papering over the Cracks,” HSBC said Nigeria’s current economic struggles look set to continue if Buhari wins a second term in office.
According to the financial institution, the president’s “approval ratings sit near all time lows,” a development, it said, “largely reflects the impact of Nigeria’s painful recession in 2016-17 and the sustained economic hardship that has accompanied his presidency, including rapidly rising joblessness, and poverty.
“A second term for Mr. Buhari raises the risk of limited economic progress and further fiscal deterioration, prolonging the stagnation of his first term, particularly if there is no move towards completing reform of the exchange rate system or fiscal adjustments that diversify government revenues away from oil.”
The multinational banking group, which is Europe’s largest by total assets, noted that while higher oil prices have brightened Nigeria’s macro outlook, boosting export earnings, improving the supply of foreign exchange, and supporting naira stability, the Buhari administration was yet to address the economy’s structural shortcomings.
It said, “Economic growth remains sluggish and reliant on the rebound in oil output while the non-oil economy, which accounts for about 90 per cent of GDP, continues to languish with many service sectors still mired in contraction.

Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by MrMystrO(m): 9:29pm On Sep 11, 2018
grin Sai Baba
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Mcreloaded(m): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2018
Please tell him and his zombies we are tired of him.
Foreigners feeling our pains more
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by agabaI23(m): 9:41pm On Sep 11, 2018
Economist and now HSBC
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by sholatech(m): 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2018
Loud and clear..its been whispered around all financial circles.
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Modarun(m): 9:55pm On Sep 11, 2018
Mcreloaded:
Please tell him and his zombies we are tired of him.
Foreigners feeling our pains more
I tell you bro. Its obvious. After Buhari when they run courses on using propaganda to brainwash a Nation, Buhari govt will be a good case study.

1 Like

Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Modarun(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
sholatech:
Loud and clear..its been whispered around all financial circles.
Its only his Zombies that dont get the picture.
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by BiafraIShere(m): 9:57pm On Sep 11, 2018
Despite all these damning reports streaming in from all corners of the globe, all of them condemning this fossil yet due to primitive tribalism some bastards are still bent in forcing the terrorist on Nigeria!! Such a sh!thole country!!

1 Like

Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by chriskosherbal(m): 9:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
Just today the economist and HSBC on just the Nigerian economy ..

Dear lord pls save this nation and her economy from future collapse..

Pls see my signature
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Modarun(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
chriskosherbal:

Pls see my signature

God has done all he can for this nation, all we need to do is mobilize people to go out and vote out those who cant solve any of our problems.
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Modarun(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2018
chriskosherbal:

Pls see my signature
pls can I get a link to the Economist story?
Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Firefire(m): 10:34pm On Sep 11, 2018

Re: 2019: What Second Term For Buhari Will Do To Nigeria’s Economy – HSBC by Baronquest(m): 5:55pm On Sep 12, 2018
Nigeria's politics is beyond performance. An intrigue of sentiments, religion and ethnicity is the existing culture!

These are the thoughts of a much respected friend, Musty LaLa. And He is right as it comes.

I can affirm that tangible change is dependent on altering this culture. It require those who watch from the sideline to get into the pitch and play. I say this with the young men and women of my dear country in mind. I reemphasise this because I know only them can alter this culture. Only them can conceptualize the problems, innovate the solutions, then drive and sustain the efforts at rebuilding the Nation.

This is the efforts we have attempted at the Generational Power Shift Movement(GPS2019). Realizing the need for political power through the platform of a Party, we have infiltrated the Labour Party with the GPS2019 Nigeria's Repositioning ideology.

We are capable of driving the 585 pages blueprint through the institution of our government beginning from 2019 - 2049, and institute the common interests of all Nigerians.

It is a tall Order. And it is One that the Nigerian Youths are capable of seeing through.

The unassuming but competent Comrade Eragbe Anslem is leading this change. He comes with fire in his bones, passion in his heart, wisdom in this mind, knowledge in his words and love for Our People. He is running for the office of the President of the FRNigeria.

We are gathering support to SPONSOR intending young aspirants from counselorship to the Senate. The CONVENTION, PRESIDENTIAL & ALL ASPIRANTS DECLARATION takes place this Saturday, 15th September 2018 in Abuja.

God Be Our Helper.

Bernard Isidore
National PRO
GPS2019
www.generationalpowershift2019.org.ng

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10212653954199367&id=1100842094

(1) (Reply)

Governor Emmanuel Carpets Apc, Nddc’s Abysmal Showing In Akwa Ibom / Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘you’re A Serial Failure’ / Phd Holder Employed As Primary School Teacher In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.