Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,178 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine (1463 Views)

Baby Thrown Into Pit Toilet And Soaked With Faeces Found Alive (Photo) / Photo - Housewife Dumps Day old Baby Into Toilet! / Woman Throws Her 3-day-old Baby Into Dustbin In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Abagworo(m): 2:41am On Jul 03, 2010
By Vincent Ujumadu, Awka
AT 17, Miss Ozioma Ezeude already had two issues without getting married. Still living with her mother at their Ezinifite, Nnewi South local government area of Anambra State, she had the first baby who she named Favour when she was 15 years. Two years later, her cousin impregnated her and she had another baby girl she named Jenifer.

“I did it to reconcile with my mother”, suspect
The scandal was so much that her mother had to abandon her with the last baby and relocated to Delta State with her first baby, Favour. Unable to feed herself and Jenifer, the second girl, evil thoughts began to occupy her mind and on June 3rd, 2010, she decided to free herself from the burden of nursing another child and she dumped Jenifer into a pit toilet where she died.
She told her story in Igbo thus: “I am from Umudiala village in Ezinifite, Nnewi South local government area of Anambra State. My cousin, Ugochukwu impregnated me and when it was discovered, he ran away from the village and has not been seen.
Since I gave birth to Jenifer, she has been falling sick on a regular basis and I don’t have money to take her to hospital because I am not doing anything.
After some time, my mother who was taking care of us became annoyed and was always quarrelling with me. She later relocated from our village to Delta State and I don’t know where she is in Delta up till this moment.
“One day when my baby became sick again, I decided to end the frustration by wrapping her in a cloth and tied her on a rope and took her to a pit latrine in our place and threw her into it. The hospital where I took her had demanded for blood and I did not have money to buy blood. It was a man from our village who is a member of vigilante who asked me about the baby and I told him.
He informed other people who then called the police to arrest me. The reason why I did it was to reconcile with my mother because I have been suffering since she abandoned me and the baby.”
Anambra State Commissioner of Police, Mr. Philemon Leha said that Ozioma would be charged to court as soon as investigations were completed.
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Abagworo(m): 2:42am On Jul 03, 2010
pix

Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Okijajuju1(m): 2:59am On Jul 03, 2010
poor girl. I feel her pain. cry cry cry cry

Hope she isnt tried as an adult.
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by 0hsisi: 4:10am On Jul 03, 2010
This is sad
and there are many women out there who would do anything to call that baby Jennifer their own and give the baby a good home.
Life is so unfair.
I have an aunt that has been married for 2 decades with no child she would cry her eyes out and ask God why if she heard this sort of story cry cry cry
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Acidosis(m): 5:12am On Jul 03, 2010
0hsisi:

This is sad
and there are many women out there who would do anything to call that baby Jennifer their own and give the baby a good home.
Life is so unfair.
I have an aunt that has been married for 2 decades with no child she would cry her eyes out and ask God why if she heard this sort of story cry cry cry
Such Is Life
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by mutter(f): 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2010
I feel so much pain. For the child and for the mother. Why could no one help her? As long as such things exist on earth humanity has failed.
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by weblessyou: 6:17pm On Jul 03, 2010
disturbed/painful
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Nescoemmy(m): 6:31pm On Jul 03, 2010
O.M.G,what a story God i knw u see all n u see this what kind of wickd world is this, life is so unfair n poverty is da cause of this. God help us.
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by e36991: 6:56pm On Jul 04, 2010
When I saw this post yesterday I steered clear of it,

not wanting to know because of its disturbing heading and so deliberately refrained from reading it

but today, alas, curiousty got the better of me so I clicked it to read it's details against my better judgment.

Inexplicable!
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Abagworo(m): 8:21pm On Jul 04, 2010
is this a justification for baby factories?
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by topup: 4:00am On Jul 05, 2010
Please can be sensitive to readers!! Not everyone needs to see the picture of a dead baby in a Latrine to know how horrific the situation is. Sometimes the censoring on these magazines and even this website is horrible!!
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by sylve11: 11:13am On Jul 09, 2010
so sad a story! sad cool
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by anitabest(f): 12:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
Jesus Christ, this girl is wicked.
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by vincent10(m): 10:27pm On Jul 11, 2010
Poverty breeds evil. What a sad events. From the moral point of view she has no right 2 take anybody's life.
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by Bestglo(f): 5:53pm On Jul 22, 2010
poor jennifer
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by gogo123: 8:28am On Jul 23, 2010
oh you woman of little faith, why didn't you ask for help, i know some 12 million naira per year ladies here in lagos who would have discreetly adopted that child, this is so sad, true ,life is a bitch
Re: Why I Threw My Baby Into Pit Latrine by dominique(f): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2010
what a horrible way to die cry

(1) (Reply)

2 Steal N5m Jewellery / Bullied Canadian Teen Commits Suicide After Prolonged Battle Online & In School / Cult Clash: 9 Killed In One Week In Ijebu Ode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.