Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,428 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:26 AM

Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain (19113 Views)

Peter Obi Reacts To Audio Scandal, Says He Is Not A Religious Or Tribal Bigot / Tinubu: Nigerians Shouldn’t Give Up On APC, We Will Do Better / Amaechi Speaks On Senator Akpabio’s Defection From PDP To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Wiseandtrue(f): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
ivandragon:

Mr Amaechi dismissed widespread criticisms that trailed the process, saying what mattered was that Nigerians were given the opportunity to be trained in China, not how they were selected.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/283297-amaechi-speaks-on-ccecc-scholarships-scandal-says-nigerians-shouldnt-complain.html

I never thought a day will come when I have to say this, Rotimi Amaechi, you are very stupid sir!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Leo81(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2018
Nigerians have not seen anything yet. This is just the beginning.
You guys voted for change, this is it. Hahaha.
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by lawrence35(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2018
Did we make a mistake during the 2015 elections?
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
Caleb80:
A Zombie Has Spoken
yet another person who could not have passed the prequalification interview even if he was given the opportunity. yet they flood here with their dull , unintelligent , emotion laden comments

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by olmoRoc: 1:15pm On Sep 13, 2018
That has been the case since the 80s or 90s. Most of the former communist countries used to grant scholarships to Nigerians annually, but the selection process was never made public. Those who benefitted were children and relatives of those high up the food chain.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by yrex01(m): 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
Gathering of pigs !! To those pipu shouting upandwn how many of ur relatives don get gov broadcast scholarship in this n previous gov regime without having connection ? If no ! Goan find jobs !!
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by naturefellow(m): 1:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
ivandragon:

At a press conference in Abuja on Tuesday, Mr Amaechi said Nigerians should not question the selection of candidates, but should be happy to have people trained to take over from CCECC.

Just imagine the bunkum a top public worker is spewing out. Please, what happened to transparency for God's sake? By this statements, does he mean that Nigerians should turn blind eyes to corrupt or unfair practices in government, w/out bringing anyone to account?
This is the saddest news I've heard this week!
Mr. Amaechi is not fit to be in that office. He is a complete fraud!!!
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2018
silastemplar:
even if you were given the opportunity, you still would not have passed. so what are u making noise for exactly
You must be very very highly mad!!!!!!
God punish you!!!!

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Nobody: 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
Zizza:

You must be very very highly mad!!!!!!
God punish you!!!!
lol. why are u so pained? he referred to people here as zombies for airing their opinions/beliefs, but u re pained cos i aired my own opinion of him? or did i hit a nerve with you?
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by writeprof(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2018
Kai Baba! Julius Berger is still maintaining Rivers State Government House in 2018! Jobs they use Nigerians to do and give them peanuts. And we need to send people to China to learn how to take over from them also?
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by trillville(m): 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
OAFMods:

Not defending this senselessness but the alternative from PDP is charging Nigeria for interviews that does not earn them any job n slaughtering about 12 of them after defrauding them as executed by Abba Moro under Ebele Jonathan with immigration job scandal.

Must we always vote for PDP and APC? Sowore and Moghalu are equally successful men that do not need to be the president of Nigeria to live a good life. Why don't you put your intelligence and energy to campaign for a better Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by ivandragon: 3:14pm On Sep 13, 2018
OAFMods:

Not defending this senselessness but the alternative from PDP is charging Nigeria for interviews that does not earn them any job n slaughtering about 12 of them after defrauding them as executed by Abba Moro under Ebele Jonathan with immigration job scandal.

you are part of the reasons why elected officials take Nigerians for granted.

didn't we condemn the immigration scam at the time it happened?

you talk about executions, what would you call the bombing of an IDP camp by pmb?

so because PDP was bad, should we excuse APC for their own flaws?
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Papacypaul(m): 6:20pm On Sep 13, 2018
The selection was done by China construction company and China embasy and choose abu zaria for reason best known to them and it will continue for 5years, am in 300lvl Ahmadu Bello University Zaria civil engineering dept, and 30 of our 400lvl level coupled with 15 from mechanical are in China now.
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by CSTR1005: 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2018
yrex01:
Gathering of pigs !! To those pipu shouting upandwn how many of ur relatives don get gov broadcast scholarship in this n previous gov regime without having connection ? If no ! Goan find jobs !!
My sister won the pressid scholarship under Jonathan.

She is done with her doctorate in the UK.

You are so dumb that you will never be qualified for such.

Pig calling other better human beings pigs.
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by gudugudumeje: 6:52pm On Sep 13, 2018
CORRUPTION per excellence in APC and is what APC is. Just like Jaja Nwachukwu of the Balewa era, first republic used to do like Amaechi....
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by yrex01(m): 7:21pm On Sep 13, 2018
CSTR1005:

My sister won the pressid scholarship under Jonathan.

She is done with her doctorate in the UK.

You are so dumb that you will never be qualified for such.

Pig calling other better human beings pigs.
my bro also won a scholarship early this year awe !!! So y shouting as if this z a big deal? U guys don't even want to see anything good in this present gov whereas Una fellow pig (jona) no try for 9ja during his regime !! + besides u wey brilliant how many scholarship u won under jona ?
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Emperornice: 11:38pm On Sep 13, 2018
silastemplar:
even if you were given the opportunity, you still would not have passed. so what are u making noise for exactly

It would never be well with your generation

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 14, 2018
Emperornice:

It would never be well with your generation
lol..hypocrites. He called people zombies for sharing their views/beliefs and thats ok with you. But you are embittered cos i shared my own opinion of him. Abi you too you couldnt have passed the interview if you were given the opportunity?
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by OAFMods: 12:54pm On Sep 14, 2018
trillville:

Must we always vote for PDP and APC? Sowore and Moghalu are equally successful men that do not need to be the president of Nigeria to live a good life. Why don't you put your intelligence and energy to campaign for a better Nigeria.

Moghalu is not an option and will never be. A man that can not keep to agreed terms he personally signed is nothing but a shameless disgrace
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by trillville(m): 3:40pm On Sep 14, 2018
OAFMods:

Moghalu is not an option and will never be. A man that can not keep to agreed terms he personally signed is nothing but a shameless disgrace

Very funny comment. So a person must be perfect now. We are no longer permitted to make errors once in a while.

Have you listened to all the candidates talk. Non of them seem to make any sense apart from him. I don't know what you are Nigeria's problems, but to me it is lack of productivity, tribalism that has robbed us of merit and mass illiteracy and poverty. Our security challenges is mainly as a result of these issues.

The only candidate that properly articulates how to solve these problems is Moghalu. as far back as 2013, when everyone was praising the last administration's economic policies, Moghalu wrote a book explaining that our growth wasn't real and proffered political and economic solutions to help grow our economy. All the issues he wrote about in 2013 have already come to pass.

This man doesn't have leave in Nigeria. He has the world at his feet. We should be glad that he is contesting. Look at the former minister of agriculture, Akinwumi. We need people like this to step up to the plate and run for office but they are hardly interested. Now Moghalu has stepped up, if we do not support him, other great Nigerians that can change our fortunes will never contest for office.

Do you want to be ruled by half wits forever? Atiku and buhari did not go to university. Kwankwaso has HND in water engineering. How many engineers do you see in politics in other climes. The one from gombe is an accountant. Moghalu studied economics, law and development policy. Look, voting for Moghalu isn't even about making him president but showing these old parties that power belongs to the people and they should not take us for granted.
Enough said.
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by OAFMods: 5:12pm On Sep 14, 2018
trillville:

Very funny comment. So a person must be perfect now. We are no longer permitted to make errors once in a while.

Have you listened to all the candidates talk. Non of them seem to make any sense apart from him. I don't know what you are Nigeria's problems, but to me it is lack of productivity, tribalism that has robbed us of merit and mass illiteracy and poverty. Our security challenges is mainly as a result of these issues.

The only candidate that properly articulates how to solve these problems is Moghalu. as far back as 2013, when everyone was praising the last administration's economic policies, Moghalu wrote a book explaining that our growth wasn't real and proffered political and economic solutions to help grow our economy. All the issues he wrote about in 2013 have already come to pass.

This man doesn't have leave in Nigeria. He has the world at his feet. We should be glad that he is contesting. Look at the former minister of agriculture, Akinwumi. We need people like this to step up to the plate and run for office but they are hardly interested. Now Moghalu has stepped up, if we do not support him, other great Nigerians that can change our fortunes will never contest for office.

Do you want to be ruled by half wits forever? Atiku and buhari did not go to university. Kwankwaso has HND in water engineering. How many engineers do you see in politics in other climes. The one from gombe is an accountant. Moghalu studied economics, law and development policy. Look, voting for Moghalu isn't even about making him president but showing these old parties that power belongs to the people and they should not take us for granted.
Enough said.

Unwise Igbo don’t bother selling a Moghalu of no integrity to me. If we are to forgive his shortcoming tell your tribesmen to forgive Buhari mistakes n let him spend his second term after that I can read n reply your quoted rubbish.
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Justinah4real(f): 7:25pm On Sep 14, 2018
silastemplar:

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by Justinah4real(f): 7:31pm On Sep 14, 2018
iphanyi10:
see the boldness and audacity he just waved off the issue...like who cares and what can they do even If i did...
it is crystal clear that these leaders see themselves as God.
in saner climes, an act like this can cost him his job and even jail time, but what do i know...
to say this country is in shambles is an understatement.

Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by trillville(m): 8:28pm On Sep 14, 2018
OAFMods:

Unwise Igbo don’t bother selling a Moghalu of no integrity to me. If we are to forgive his shortcoming tell your tribesmen to forgive Buhari mistakes n let him spend his second term after that I can read n reply your quoted rubbish.

I am not Igbo oh. Not that I have anything against them. I am from Kogi. I supported Buhari wholeheartedly in 2015 and I believe he has done his possible best. He is not a bad leader by any measure. His problem and almost all Nigerians of his generation (including my parents) is that they believe in a stratified social system where some are rich and others are poor and they see nothing really wrong in poverty. To them, if a person does not get an education, the person deserves to be poor. This is very false thinking as not every person has the scholastic ability to go to university and so wealth should be based on more factors than just getting a degree.

In Nigeria today, the quality of our universities has been brought to such a low level that instead of them being research centres, our universities are now bakeries and pure water factories. Children who score 150 in JAMB are getting admitted and when they get to school whatever they are taught, they pour it back verbatim for their lecturers. Garbage in, garbage out. The last administration built 6 more higher institutions and this one is planning on building an additional 9. Quality does not matter, what matters is that let the children get their certificate because without that certificate, the children would be doomed to poverty.

Nigerians and other Africans are going to Europe in search of laborer jobs. As a child, I assumed the difference in exchange rates was what made such a trip rewarding. During my undergrad in the United States, I worked as a custodian (cleaner grin) and my boss a fellow custodian drove a Jeep and her junior in the office drove a Toyota Tacoma. I was really amazed. I built up the courage to ask her how much she made and she told me she earns 22 dollars an hour. This really puzzled me because my philosophy lecturer was the head on the teachers union and he always used to complained about his wages. I realized that at any skill level, if a person is diligent, that person can live a reasonable life in the developed world.

Back to the main topic. Buhari can never, I repeat never put Nigeria on the path to prosperity because he has no knowledge or understanding of how to achieve this. Neither can most people in his generation.

Saraki's last interview was a complete disaster. He thinks the issue with Nigeria is the argument of whether government should do contracts or the private sector should carry out contracts. In Nigeria, the government and the private sector have failed in many instances. Businesses close every day just as government organizations also fail.

So please my brother I am not against Buhari, I am for a better future for Nigeria and I believe deep within me that growth needs to be inclusive, development must start from our poorest people and quality education is key to improving our lot. In 100 years, Buhari will not be able to understand this. For his government to give 5000 naira to people shows clearly that he is very okay living in the mist of extreme poverty.
Re: Amaechi Speaks On CCECC Scholarships Scandal, Says Nigerians Shouldn’t Complain by EagleNest(m): 10:21am On Sep 15, 2018
Minister of transport flagrant disdain for due process. And he doesn't care!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Gowon Celebrates His 88th Birthday Today / We’ve Nothing To Do With MC Oluomo — INEC Replies Atiku / Segun Ajibola: Average Nigerian Can Feed With ₦500, Naira Still Strong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.