Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers (466 Views)

Most Nigerian Recruiters Don't Get Back to Interviewees / Why Are Most Nigerian Recruiters Always Late? / Hiring Managers Share The No. 1 Resume Lie That Could Cost You The Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers by 24hoursreporter: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2018
Dear Recruiters and Hiring Managers,

If you have interviewed 30-50 people for a job opening and can't find someone to fill the position. Start looking in the mirror. It's not because there's a lack of talent out there. It's because you've created a set of search parameters that are unrealistic. I have read some job adverts and thought who could possibly live up to these expectations? Purple unicorns do not exist! NEWSFLASH!* - There is no "perfect" candidate.

If you have someone with the right attitude and skill set to do the job, and they fit in with the team -- HIRE them. There are so many qualified individuals still job searching. Yet I see the same jobs being re-posted over and over again, being left vacant for months. Who took a chance on you? Maybe it's time you a took chance on someone.
Agree?

Blogcraft Rafwealth
Editor in Chief @24hoursreporter

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Re: A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers by Nobody: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2018
24hoursreporter:

If you have interviewed 30-50 people for a job opening and can't find someone to fill the position. Start looking in the mirror. It's not because there's a lack of talent out there. It's because you've created a set of search parameters that are unrealistic. I have read some job adverts and thought who could possibly live up to these expectations? Purple unicorns do not exist! NEWSFLASH!* - There is no "perfect" candidate.

If you have someone with the right attitude and skill set to do the job, and they fit in with the team -- HIRE them. There are so many qualified individuals still job searching. Yet I see the same jobs being re-posted over and over again, being left vacant for months. Who took a chance on you? Maybe it's time you a took chance on someone.
Agree?

Blogcraft Rafwealth

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

This really needs to be moved to the FTC. I’ve gone for numerous interviews and most of Hiring Managers don’t even know what they want or let’s just say they’re callous bunch. You can’t possibly have 40 applicants and none of them is unfit for the position, after the interview even if you’ve the proper requirements , they still won’t employ you. One of the most annoying things they do is waste your time and don’t specify job description.

I once went for a job interview, we waited for over 5 hours for a job stating 10 am prompt , after passing the cognitive assessment, it was my turn to be interviewed. It was then and there that I realized we actually came for a marketing job (the commission based ones) , the hiring manager asked what if they decide not to pay me anything at the end of the month, would I still work there?
I told him outright Hell no, and I made sure to tell him to make sure they specify the position clearly next time and stop misleading people.

1 Like

Re: A Message To Nigerian Recruiters And Hiring Managers by czarina(f): 11:01am On Sep 13, 2018
24hoursreporter:

Agree?

Blogcraft Rafwealth

Cc
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun
Can you learn to acknowledge your sources for once? This was posted by someone popular on LinkedIn! Specifically Brigitte Hyacinth!
See the way you did it like you wrote it yourself.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy!vacancy!!vacancy!!! / Apply For Wesley University Ondo Recruitment 2018 / Guinness Nigeria Graduate Marketing Intern Recruitment 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.