Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,919 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:00 PM

Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) (438 Views)

139-Year-Old House Transported On Truck To A New Location In US (Photos) / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out / South African Man Turns His House To Swimming Pool After Heavy Flood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) by Topccy007z: 1:12pm On Sep 13, 2018
The River Niger is getting fuller day by day as a result of continuous rainfall. A lot of my neighbours have already moved out due to the flood. This photos were taken in Lokoja, the state capital of Kogi state.

Re: Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) by Nobody: 1:16pm On Sep 13, 2018
Don't know what to say, but you should calculated this before building
Re: Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) by FlintGuevara(m): 1:24pm On Sep 13, 2018
The best thing to do now is to start looking for alternative accommodation.
Re: Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) by farady(m): 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2018
This is pretty serious. I was even trying to call my dad to ask the situation at home. I guess they are not experiencing anything for now. However i read about flooding somewhere in Tsekelewu community in Delta State. Seriously, the govt at all levels are not doing well in this respect. We thank God we don't experience the kind of tornadoes and hurricanes that ravishes other parts of the world. Simply to dredge the rivers Niger and Benue channel that has been silted since God knows when is a problem to successive govts. So we have a situation where once it rains to a certain level because the channels are not dredged to the delta, the flood water just pours onto the surrounding coastal plan areas. If not, even with the heavy down pour, the level of flood disaster will be minimal.

1 Like

Re: Flood:River Niger Is Closing Up On Us (photos) by obo389(m): 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2018
HsLBroker:
Don't know what to say, but you should calculated this before building
You dey mind am? Instead of him to leave the place as soon as possible and adopt a temporary measure before flood takes him by surprise.

(1) (Reply)

Flats For Rent In Enugu? / FOR SALE 4 Bedroom Bungalow Allroom Ensuite At Torotoro, Ibafo, Ogun State. / Properties For Sale And Lease At Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.