Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,069 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

Amina Mohammed:"Okonjo Iweala's Hardwork On Debt Relief Now In Vain" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed:"Okonjo Iweala's Hardwork On Debt Relief Now In Vain" (228 Views)

IMF Excludes Nigeria From Debt Relief / Nigeria Gets Debt Relief From China, G-20 / Did IMF Exclude Nigeria From 25 Nations Granted Debt Relief? (Fact Check) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Amina Mohammed:"Okonjo Iweala's Hardwork On Debt Relief Now In Vain" by SarcasticGenius(m): 2:18pm On Sep 13, 2018
Twitter users are reacting to the concerns of former Nigerian minister, Amina Mohammed, who revealed that Nigeria’s debt profile had increased over the years.

The Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations at the "Working Together: IMF and UN Conversation" event on Wednesday said:

“As I was coming up from New York, some of the concerns that came up from the meeting we had in China just recently and reports that we have, the debt issues are really big. I mean, having experienced what it was for Ngozi (Okonjo-Iweala) to get debt relief.

“It took her a few years to convince people, and we are now back again in my country, with a level of debt that is worrying. It’s happening all over. Africa, is that the way we want to go?”

Mohammed was a former Minister of Environment before she was appointed the UN Deputy Secretary.

Meanwhile, Nigerians have been reacting to the former Minister on social media:

https://punchng.com/rising-debt-nigerians-react-to-amina-mohammeds-statement/

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Farano

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Osibanjo And A Proper Understanding Of The Restructuring Debate / 2019 Presidency: What Lamido Told Southern, Middle Belt Elders About Buhari / Rumours Of My Exit From APC Imagination Of Dreamers - Amobi Ogah

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.