Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1 (809 Views)

Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage-pt 3( Final Part) / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1 by Beke2020: 9:22pm On Sep 13, 2018
Editor's Note:

This is a heartbreaking story sent in by one of our Whatsapp group members. Its a story of how he fought to keep his marriage of over 9 years. Please read his accounts of what happened and how it affected him. Also find out many lessons to be learned from this story. This is part 1 of the story. Parts 2 & 3 will be published in the coming days. Stay tuned!

Dear Lively Stones,

This is a very long read but I plead that you read on to the end. I have also tried to explain as explicit as possible, giving so much information, date and details just to make us all understand the walk, pain and love of a Father for his family.

I was 25 when I met Mandy. Saw her waiting for a cab one lazy Sunday evening in the year 2001. Stopped and gave her a lift to her house and we hit it up from there. I was a young man that made so much money at 25 that I was living on my own with 2 good cars packed outside my one bedroom apartment. I had about 3 girlfriends at the time I met Mandy and they all knew themselves, each one hoping that she will be the last one standing. My Mum never liked Mandy from the first day because she preferred a lady I had dated for about 4 yrs prior to my meeting Mandy.

Mandy was very quiet and beautiful and I imagined having beautiful kids by her. Immediately she came into my life, she gave me an ultimatum that every lady around me must go if she will have to stay with me, and because I loved her I started trying to send them away. A year after I met Mandy, she got pregnant and because I did not want to have kids out of wedlock I decided to marry her.

I called my girlfriends and told them i have decided to marry Mandy and stay faithful henceforth. None of them took it lightly as they were all in my life before she came. Two of them said the same thing on the same day "You are the only one that does not know that this lady does not love you and is here because of your money". I waved this statement aside sighting jealousy and went on with my thing. Since i had money, in four months we arranged a Traditional Marriage and a Court Wedding with an elaborate reception since our church refused wedding us due to her been pregnant. (Feb.2003)

We moved into a bigger apartment in Cocain Village in Port Harcourt (Nigeria) and started living together. Six months into her pregnancy she told me she needed a house help to help with house chores and we asked her Mum to get us one. I came back from work on day and met a little 2 year old girl at home. I asked her and she told me that this is the house help the mother got for us. A two year old child as house help? What can this one do?

I immediately called her Mum who told me the little girls father is dead, her mother can't take care of her and does not want her again and we can take her as our child so she can grow with us as a couple and she will also suggest I change her name to my name so that people and even our biological children when we start having them will not know she is not our biological daughter.

I wasn't happy with it all, but as days went bye I started having love for this little girl. I called the Mum again and told her that we will still need a house help but for this little girl, she will be our first daughter and I am letting her answer my name and will stand as her father till death.

Her Mum was so happy and so was my wife. My family called me stupid but i stuck to my gun and everyone just kept calm and watched from a distance. They insisted we put her in a government free school so she will will have time to serve us at home. But I said NO and immediately registered the little girl in a private school and I can remember paying #55,000 as her first school fees in 2003.

Our first son came in Aug. 2003 and we were very happy. Prior to now, I ...

........see more

https://livelystones.com.ng/divorcei-did-every-thing-under-the-sun-to-keep-my-marriage/
Re: Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1 by Beke2020: 8:05pm On Sep 15, 2018
you're a man indeed!
Re: Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1 by Ebuka478(m): 1:19pm On Sep 16, 2018
Story story!
Story!!!
Re: Divorce:i Did Every Thing Under The Sun To Keep My Marriage – Pt 1 by Samuelgr8: 8:34pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ebuka478:
Story story!
Story!!!

(1) (Reply)

Legal Fees / 12 Crazy Amazing Facts About The Clitoris / Missing Rib

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.