Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Arsenal Coach, Unai Emery Finally Speaks On Alleged 'bust-up' With Mesut Ozil - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Arsenal Coach, Unai Emery Finally Speaks On Alleged 'bust-up' With Mesut Ozil (336 Views)

UCL: Why We Eliminated Bayern Munich – Villarreal Coach, Unai Emery / EPL: Arsenal Coach, Emery Takes Final Decision On Selling Elneny, To Sign £17.8m / BREAKING: Arsene Wenger Resigns As Arsenal Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Coach, Unai Emery Finally Speaks On Alleged 'bust-up' With Mesut Ozil by Correctgist(f): 1:03am On Sep 14, 2018
As reports of a bust-up with one of his star player emerges, Arsenal boss, Unai Emery, has finally reacted to the rumours, saying that they have a good relationship.

Arsenal coach, Unai Emery, has insisted that he has a
"good relationship" with Mesut Ozil, contrary to reports of a bust-up between the Arsenal pair.
Emery said he enjoyed a "relaxing" three days with Ozil in training after the player's retirement from international football meant he did not depart with the Germany squad last week.

Ozil was omitted from Arsenal's squad for last month's 3-1 win over West Ham, prompting reports of a dispute with Emery - who had said the midfielder was ill - before he returned to the starting XI for the last game at Cardiff.

Speaking ahead of Arsenal's game against Newcastle this weekend, Emery said: "[We get on] very well. Here for me it isn't for a lot of the time speaking about what people are telling us.
"I have a very good relationship with Mesut and professionally I push him for improvements to give us the best in his qualities and performances."

Ozil's retirement from international football came after he made claims of racism from the German football association.
The midfielder was criticised for posing for photographs with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in the build-up to the World Cup, which saw 2014 champions Germany knocked out at the group stage.

Emery admitted Ozil's first international break since his retirement will have been a difficult adjustment for the player, but that the pair have been able to spend beneficial time on the training ground together.

"The first time, maybe, he could feel different but every day with us in the work, I look at him and he looks well and happy, working with our demands every day," said Emery.
"Mesut, like other players, works very well here and also working the ties and also together to improve things. Mesut, I look at him with the focus totally here."

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/arsenal-coach-unai-emery-finally-speaks-on-alleged-rift-with-mesut-ozil/

cc: Lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

(1) (Reply)

FIFA Awards 2018. Who Will Win?vote Your Best Player.. / Tired Of Losing Money. Oya Enter Here My Guy. / Real Madrid's Isco Diagnosed With Acute Appendicitis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.